Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wallace

Why dont people have the surname Wallace anymore?
When I was young I knew three unrelated kids with the surname 'Wallace ' as well as a teacher called Mr. Wallace.

There was Ian Wallace at Notts Forest and it was a pre requisite in the 80s to have the surname Wallace to play for Southampton.

I haven't met or heard of a Wallace in years. Did they not survive the millennium bug?

Comments

• Bromley is full of them
  • Jed Wallace @Millwall
  • All married “Grommets”.
  • Gromit Wallace 
  • Murray Wallace (also Millwall)
  • Greg Wallace also of Millwall 
  • PopIcon said:
    Jed Wallace @Millwall
    2 Wallaces at Millwall , 2 Wallaces at Fleetwood, tip of the iceberg .. pretty strange post as there are lots of Wallaces in the UK .. Just Google and 'ave a butchers ((:>)
  • A.S. Wallace Family Butchers - Chichester
  • PopIcon said:
    Jed Wallace @Millwall
    2 Wallaces at Millwall , 2 Wallaces at Fleetwood, tip of the iceberg .. pretty strange post as there are lots of Wallaces in the UK .. Just Google and 'ave a butchers ((:>)
    Googling the subject just stunk of effort.
  • Wallace from The Wire
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Greg Wallace also of Millwall 
    it's Murray and Jed lol, Greg is the bald greengrocer who's ALWAYS on the telly
  • What a strange thread . We’re they all terminated then ? 
    it's Murray and Jed lol
    Greg is a Millwall fan
  • Addickted said:
    Bromley is full of them
    Wallis
  • PopIcon said:
    Jed Wallace @Millwall
    I reckon this is a wind up to get lots of responses .. you crafty ol smudge ((:>)
    it's Murray and Jed lol
    Greg is a Millwall fan
    he reckons he is a reformed hooligan .. and once, in a restaurant, he hit another geezer five times (go on count 'em) for pinching his girlfriend's arse .. mean ol Greg
  • William Wallace .. a k a Mel Gibson
  • Where's Wallace?
  • PopIcon said:
    Jed Wallace @Millwall
    I reckon this is a wind up to get lots of responses .. you crafty ol smudge ((:>)
    Its things like this that keep me awake at night.
  • Addickted said:
    Bromley is full of them
    Bromley is full of wallies.
  • Sponsored links:

• There was an Ian Wallace that used to be a ref, the sort of bloke who would run a museum.
  • During the Dark Ages and Early Medieval period, Wallace (and its derivative variations and spellings) was a name supposedly given by Saxons to a native British celtic language speaking 'foreigner' who came to the Saxon kingdoms.

Look at the spellings of names of Celtic lands, peoples ......the clue is in the root "Wal" or "Gal".
    (In Celtic lanuages, in certain grammatical situations words beginning with the letter G can mutate to W). We have:

Wales, Cornwall, Walloons (from Belgium), Gaul, Galicia, Portugal - and of course, the Gaelic language.
    Even in French, Wales is called Pays de Galles.

• Why dont people have the surname Wallace anymore?
    When I was young I knew three unrelated kids with the surname 'Wallace ' as well as a teacher called Mr. Wallace.

There was Ian Wallace at Notts Forest and it was a pre requisite in the 80s to have the surname Wallace to play for Southampton.

I haven't met or heard of a Wallace in years. Did they not survive the millennium bug?
    Westwood Junior school?
  • They all got their FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOMMMMM!!!!
  • Danny , Rod and Ray

• Why dont people have the surname Wallace anymore?

Westwood Junior school?
    My kids went there. He was about 6ft 5 and the Headmaster if I remember rightly. Passes the height test. 
  • Edgar Wallace and he was born in Greenwich.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Wallace
  • Addickted said:
    Bromley is full of them
    Wallis
    No need for that.