Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signings under Bowyer

What has been the secret behind the signings under Bowyer? We seem to have had very few duds and assembled a capable and cohesive squad on a shoestring.

What are we paying Gallen?

Comments

• Options
    Gallen has certainly become to us what Steve Walsh was @ Leicester

Think to lose Bowyer would be bad, to lose Gallen would be even worse in some ways

Certainly think that Bowyer's past Managers (Curbishley and Robson especially) have had a huge influence on him in terms of the players he looks for
  • Options
    I think the its stating the obvious, but as he says he goes for winners. 
  • Options
    I think Bow is a curbs

But one with more energy and necessary forcefull assertiveness. He is more competitive, it seems. 

Bowyer worked for good managers in and around the English top divisions. He would have at least taken a pinch of salt from them all.

Bundles of experience
  • Options
    They are signing hungry players and ones with points to prove. 
  • Options
    I think it's a combo of good, diligent scouting, getting players to buy into the vision of the club and how Bowyer wants them to play, and utilising the loans to properly supplement the squad with players who have a point to prove and know that playing well and working hard will help them in the future, far too many of our previous loans were to get players fit for other clubs or were wantaway players who didn't fit into the way we played at that time.
  • Options
    Bowyer has learned under a whole raft of top managers.

But especially, he's honest to himself.
    He's building a team in his own image.

They've got to have ability.  They must have the right attitude and be thoroughly professional.
    They've got to have grit, commitment and fight.
    They must be fit and prepared to give 100% for 90 minutes.
    And they must be winners.

We all dream of a team of Lee Bowyers.

• Options
    Has he signed any duds at all during his time or have all of his signings done well for us?
  • Options
    Has he signed any duds at all during his time or have all of his signings done well for us?
    Some will say Parker was a dud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    He played his part, I don't think he was expected to come in and get 10 goals
  • Options
    Talal said:
    He was no world beater but I wouldn't describe him as a dud. A dud to me would be someone like KaiKai. So to answer the original question, I can't think of a single dud that has been brought in by Bow/ Gallen, which is pretty remarkable considering the budget constraints they've had to work with. 
  • Options
    Just to clarify, I don't think he was a dud, but some people will say he was. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Just to clarify, I don't think he was a dud, but some people will say he was. 
    Took it he was last resort to get a body across the line to make up numbers after failing to get eg Oztumer.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    They'd be wrong. Part of our promotion squad, sure he didn't offer many goals... but neither has Taylor's new partner - they both offer work rate which leads to Taylor's goals.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    This was the Parker who forced the Sunderland keeper to kick long in the POF, who drew the foul from Ozturk, not a dud in my book. Worked hard for the common good. 
  • Options
    Yes. Wasn't it Parker who won the free kick that led to Bauer's goal with 4 seconds left at Wembley? Quite a significant contribution I would say.
  • Options
    Incidentally Parker has barely played at Wycombe yet, been on the bench all season and so far has come on for 1 minute
  • Options
    Incidentally Parker has barely played at Wycombe yet, been on the bench all season and so far has come on for 1 minute
    Incidental and, more importantly, totally irrelevant to this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incidental and, more importantly, totally irrelevant to this thread.
    Why is it irrelevant if we are discussing Parker? Parker did a reasonable job for us, but the fact that he can't get into the Wycombe team at the moment is a reflection of his level
  • Options
    Parker was insurance in case the deal we were trying to do with Bristol City didn't go over the line. In the end he played a major part in our promotion. I find that as impressive as all the other deals. The success rate is silly! You have to praise the whole management team. Bowyer is a special manager though. Clough needed Taylor - I'm sure Gallen is a fantastic help to Lee in a similar way.