Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2020

Comments

• Options
    So i started my season at the weekend. 3 games in Lyle Taylor gets a blood clot and is out for 5 months.I am struggling to stay up.
    Barely gets off my bench, play 1 up top and got Connolly on loan from Brighton who is on fire for me at the moment 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So i started my season at the weekend. 3 games in Lyle Taylor gets a blood clot and is out for 5 months.I am struggling to stay up.
    Barely gets off my bench, play 1 up top and got Connolly on loan from Brighton who is on fire for me at the moment 
    Ive been playing Hemed, sometimes i play Bonne but im fed up of seeing him through on goal then hit it in row Z, i do gen press but what instructions do you give the team?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ive been playing Hemed, sometimes i play Bonne but im fed up of seeing him through on goal then hit it in row Z, i do gen press but what instructions do you give the team?

Yes Hemed is also the man for me, he's the only striker in my team who has over 7.00 average match rating. Taylor has been terrible.

I got Mason Bennett on loan from Derby and he's been doing quite well. Front three of Bennett, Hemed and Leko for me.

• Options
    I play wide, out of defence, lower tempo, shorter passing, play ball into box and counter press when out of possession with a high defensive line, urgent pressing mentality and "positive" overall in a 433 wide formation
  • Options
    Had Rhian Brewster first season who started slow but was brilliant towards the end of it.

2nd season I got him back along with Troy Parrott who between them have got about 25-30 goals! Parrott broke his ankle though and now Taylors back in, just starting to hit form!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Yes Hemed is also the man for me, he's the only striker in my team who has over 7.00 average match rating. Taylor has been terrible.

I got Mason Bennett on loan from Derby and he's been doing quite well. Front three of Bennett, Hemed and Leko for me.

Ive got Leon Clarke coming in January but i dont think im gonna last till then ahaha.
  • Options
    Apparently Brewster and Parrott are like using cheat codes they're that good
  • Options
    Very happy with my business over the summer tho.

Only player I sold was Toney, he had a poor season so offloaded him to Sunderland for 2.5M
    What salary are Rojo and Buffon on?!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Very happy with my business over the summer tho.

Only player I sold was Toney, he had a poor season so offloaded him to Sunderland for 2.5M
    What salary are Rojo and Buffon on?!
    You have asked me far to late into 2030 now and have left Charlton and since managed
    Fulham
    West Ham
    Burnley
    Villa

And now England lol

If I recall Think Buffon was around 50k and Rojo around 30k but as u see the only money I spent was on Cullen, the Money I got for selling Toney(which doesnt show on there because it went through before i clicked start next season) that all went on my wages
  • Options
    Won the Championship in my first season somehow. Hit a great run of form in February/March while Leeds and Fulham just kept dropping points around me. Sold Hemed, Naby and Lyle in January (he was being a dick about he contract, go figure) which created so much free space in the wage budget. Hemed is on double what any other player is on for us in the game. Got a great striker in on loan from Atalanta and he and Jonathan Leko saw me through to the end. Adam Matthews was absolutely amazing every time he played for me and at one point started taking my penalties for some reason. Going up is horrific though. No-one wants to play for you and you can barely afford the going rate for Scandianavian players who are current on 1.6k a week. I managed to get Nketiah, Valverde and Alphonso Davies in on loan but I can't afford to buy good players or pay transfer listed players. Life is hard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11902170/football-manager-2020-predicts-final-sky-bet-championship-table

Championship table prediction from FM. Done from when the article was written, up until the end of the season. 

I’ll take that finish, albeit a rather sweaty one. 
  • Options
    I'm currently in my first season on FM on Google Stadia and I must say it's tougher this year. Also, we got taken over but it was by a guy with no money and he's told me to sell players to recoup 22m but we're only getting 20% of the transfer fees into the budget (so 110m of sales) upon when that is met the transfer money retained will go back to 0%? 

Roland In! 
  • Options
    20%? That's lucky, I got 10! Seems really hard to shift players in this edition as well
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I'm currently in my first season on FM on Google Stadia and I must say it's tougher this year. Also, we got taken over but it was by a guy with no money and he's told me to sell players to recoup 22m but we're only getting 20% of the transfer fees into the budget (so 110m of sales) upon when that is met the transfer money retained will go back to 0%? 

Roland In! 

https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm20-data-updates.html?id=6053

not sure how it works for Stadia but downloading this update and you have Matt Southall/ESI from the get go.

• Options
    No matter what team I manage I always have second season syndrome, and struggle. Not sure if it's due to Pre-Season or not. I have home and away tactics that work well throughout the first season, and then I struggle. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Roland In! 

I agree it's harder this year, which isn't a bad thing really

I'm playing on Switch, mind
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Roland In! 
    how is it on stadia?
  • Options
    My main problem with FM is that your club reputation never seems to catch up quick enough. Always end up in the prem but no chance of signing anyone decent.
  • Options
    Left Charlton after 2 seasons of little money but managed to get Brewster and Parrott on loand second season and they were brilliant!

However, The board took what little money I had away so I couldnt renew contracts so resigned after 2 season. 

Finished 9th in my second season.

Went to Leicester and I am currently 4th. However...they have also taken away any money as they want to leave!! 

• Options
    First season, started well and faded away. Lucky to stay in a job. Seemed to be one result away from the sack for ages. Finished around 19th.

Second season, started well and kept going. New tactic. Signed Herbie Kane from Liverpool and a couple of Spanish loans came in. Finished 2nd. Most goals in the league, with Taylor (24) and Bonne (19) being the top scorers.

Most ridiculous bit was Derby signed Purrington for £5 million.

Haven't started season 3 yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Roland In! 
    how is it on stadia?
    It runs very smoothly and quickly, the graphics are good and you can load it up with as many leagues as possible and it still runs fine
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Roland In! 
    how is it on stadia?
    It runs very smoothly and quickly, the graphics are good and you can load it up with as many leagues as possible and it still runs fine
    So no real lag?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Currently in season 4. Finished 12th in the first season, won the title in the second and finished 14th in the prem in the first season there. Currently 8th this year. Just about to start again after the 2022 Qatar World Cup.

Current line-up:
    GK: Jurado (Mexican keeper signed for about £7m)
    DR: James Bree signed from QPR for £4m when we got promoted, been really good for me
    DC: Lockyer, been surprised by how well he's stepped up
    DC: Nikola Katic, signed from Rangers for £10.5m this summer. Has been brilliant so far and has popped up with a few goals.
    DL: Purrington, okay but one of the next players I need to replace
    MC: Morgan, has turned into a quality performer
    MC: Sandro Tonali, signed this summer for £25m, bargain
    AMR: Karamoko Dembele, signed last summer from Celtic for about £7.5m. Only about 20/21 now - could be in the England squad soon
    AMC: Alejandro Ibarrondo, signed in the championship for his release clause, I think about £750K, scores a bunch
    AML: Andre Green, I signed him first!!!! Got him from Villa when we got promoted, scores a few and gets a lot of assists
    ST: Joe Gelhardt, originally at Wigan. Norwich signed him for about £5m in the first season of the game, I got him on loan for the second championship season and again in the premier league. Added a buy clause for £35m which I took advantage of this summer. Was second top scorer in the premier league last year, only behind Rashford.

Other players in the squad:
    GK: Phillips - good number two, starting to get upset at being replaced as number one this summer.
    GK: Alfie Whiteman, signed for about £100K from Tottenham in the championship to be back-up.
    GK: Jason Steele, free-agent back-up signed this summer when Phillips and Whiteman were injured.
    DR: Sarpong-Wiredu, has turned into a solid back-up, mainly plays in cups
    DC: Joel Kabongo, Danish international - signed him in the championship for about £750K. Absolute steal
    DC: Couple of regens that have come through our system
    DL: Kai Garande, youth player at the club now - turned into a decent back-up
    MC: Williams, injured half the time, not massively happy with his playing time when he is fit
    MC: Ashley Westwood, signed on a free when we got promoted, was a really good player for us last season
    MC: Couple of regen youngsters
    AMR: Jordon Ibe, signed on a free from Bournemouth last season, useful versatility, can play on both flanks
    AMC: Regen
    AML: Todd Cantwell, signed from Norwich for £2.5m, horribly inconsistent
    ST: Taylor, his Charlton career is coming to an end. Was good in the first season, injured most of the second. Inconsistent and not really good enough last season. Now barely features.
    ST: Couple of regens, one by the name of Trevor Sauntson, only 17 but looks like he could be amazing.
  • Options
    The update for FM20 Mobile was released yesterday.

I will be waiting a couple of days to start a new career with the January Transfer update, just gives people a few days then to report bugs in the new update and for them to be fixed before i start a new career haha
  • Options
    The new update is of course the first official one without Roland and Tommy D at the club.
  • Options
    I hope we're now described as "effing rich"
  • Options
    Currently top of the league by 11 points over Arsenal, though they do have 3 games in hand. Also got an FA cup semi against the side 9th in the championship, a certain Crystal Palace.

Also got a Champions League Quarter-Final coming up against Inter, after seeing off Real Madrid 3-1 on aggregate in the last 16.

So far:

2019/20 Championship: 12th
    2020/21 Championship: 1st
    2021/22 Premier League: 14th
    2022/23 Premier League: 7th
    2023/24 Premier League: 1st

So far since starting we've been taken over 3 times. Last season we also played at Craven Cottage as the Valley was being rebuilt, it now holds 40K.

In terms of players from the original squad. Ben Purrington is 3rd choice left-back and Albie Morgan is 3rd choice central midfielder. Andre Green (I signed him before reality!) still involved as well, he's back-up left winger.

Other "interesting" things from my save.

Both Man City and Liverpool are in the bottom half of the table. Everton got relegated, promoted at second attempt and are now 5th in the premier league.

Bristol City, Ipswich and Norwich (who finished 2nd last season!) are all in the top half of the PL table.

Palace and Millwall both just outside of the playoffs in the championship. This is Millwall's first season back after being promoted following relegation the previous season.

Bromley in League 1 relegation zone, after losing in the league 1 playoff final last season. Ebbsfleet are in league 2. Bradford and Swindon both in the national league, Hartlepool about to be relegated from national league north. Lee Johnson is the current England manager.
  • Options
    I'm currently 6th in the Prem in my third season, Bournemouth 2nd just 4 points off Liverpool who sold Fiminho and bought Kane in to replace him! 

Best players are Promes and Bruun Larsen my main wingers, signed Nketiah off Arsenal and he leads my line, Diaz on loan from Real Madrid is also doing well for me