Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds at the Valley .. Tickets on Sale

Comments

• Options
    The issue is if it was another club, it wouldn't be such a problem. But Leeds has its dangers. Not being disrespectful to them, but there is a risk from a minority.
    Millwall and Brum would be the same, but it won't be like the good old days when there was no segregation of sorts.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Charlton can reverse all the ticket sales if they decide to do so. It’s a lot of work for staff though and may cause issues on the day of itself. It is inexperience and lack of senior management that causes this, but that was always going to be the case because the club is staffed and operated for L1 or worse. False economy, Roland, and bound to have consequences. This won’t be the last.
  • Options
    Can they, instead of reversing all ticket sales, just reverse those with loyalty points? Not great but would not exclude Charlton fans. Another thought is to open a new block for Leeds fans and transfer the tickets to there, giving the Charlton fans with no loyalty points the option of moving when they have satisfied they are Charlton fans.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    hindsight is a wonderful thing .. would have been better to allocate some of the lesser used areas near the Jimmy Seed to Leeds, especially in the East stand .. 

as for Leeds fans, in my experience they are mouthy and noisy, not especially violent or looking for a ruck, I'm sure others have different experiences  .. some of the Midlands fans are the reverse, silent and violent ((:>) 
  • Options
    They've not even started selling.  But we all know they will sell out.  The Leeds fan at work tells me it's nigh on impossible for him to get any away tickets, even though he has laptop, pc and phone all in the queue trying to purchase.  

They know, we know but the club failed to act due to the shortage of senior staff.  Going to be a lively affair!  

• Options
    Charlton can reverse all the ticket sales if they decide to do so. It’s a lot of work for staff though and may cause issues on the day of itself. It is inexperience and lack of senior management that causes this, but that was always going to be the case because the club is staffed and operated for L1 or worse. False economy, Roland, and bound to have consequences. This won’t be the last.
    Nothing to do with a false economy, it is simply poor management by the ticket office management. All games should have a ticketing system where you have to register, regardless if its Leeds or Scunthorpe, in this current day and age you can submit your details online. I am frustrated with the way things are, but we are on a roll and it is really getting boring to keep putting a spin or a hidden agenda. Be positive. 
  • Options
    hindsight is a wonderful thing .. would have been better to allocate some of the lesser used areas near the Jimmy Seed to Leeds, especially in the East stand .. 

as for Leeds fans, in my experience they are mouthy and noisy, not especially violent or looking for a ruck, I'm sure others have different experiences  .. some of the Midlands fans are the reverse, silent and violent ((:>) 
    This really winds me up, why should we have to accommodate them as mentioned great away support but deal with what you are given ( as an england away fan i have to ), if you sit in home end and get a pasting for gobbing off - so be it, what concerns me is that in the west upper there are not that many fans so Leeds fans will literally be singing etc in our own home end, if they were to go north lower or upper a different story me thinks. 

IF it was a special game for example Bournemouth or burnley who were actually getting promoted then fair enough i suppose but this isn't, reading could of gave us more tickets last weekend but didn't tha'ts life. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    alternatively cant the stewards just stand at the turnstiles and look for bastard pairs of denims and whippets?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    If they come into the home areas and it all goes pear shaped then the club cant expect to blame Charlton fans for kicking off, I had to supply my sons proof of age via a way of a passport when we bought a season ticket even though he was on the database from previous season tickets, therefore to go through a basic task is somewhat worrying when they make there own fans jump through hoops a week before the season starts even though they had the application and took the money six weeks prior to asking for his proof of age.
    Always had this dislike towards  Leeds as well, still think they are bigger than they are.
     Mind you I bet the met aren't best to chuffed and will ask questions how and why it happened, if it has of course. 
  • Options
    alternatively cant the stewards just stand at the turnstiles and look for bastard pairs of denims and whippets?
    The ferret peeking out from open flies can be a good clue!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But they are the Champions of Europe...?
  • Options
    The thing here is a total disregard for home supporters safety. If it does go off think somebody must carry the can for this as it is so predictable that this is likely scenario.
  • Options

This really winds me up, why should we have to accommodate them as mentioned great away support but deal with what you are given ( as an england away fan i have to ), if you sit in home end and get a pasting for gobbing off - so be it, what concerns me is that in the west upper there are not that many fans so Leeds fans will literally be singing etc in our own home end, if they were to go north lower or upper a different story me thinks. 

IF it was a special game for example Bournemouth or burnley who were actually getting promoted then fair enough i suppose but this isn't, reading could of gave us more tickets last weekend but didn't tha'ts life. 

Last time I looked there was only 4 seats sold in my row (Q Block).
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Nothing to do with a false economy, it is simply poor management by the ticket office management. All games should have a ticketing system where you have to register, regardless if its Leeds or Scunthorpe, in this current day and age you can submit your details online. I am frustrated with the way things are, but we are on a roll and it is really getting boring to keep putting a spin or a hidden agenda. Be positive. 
    It’s hardly positive to accuse the “ticket office management” of “simply poor management”. The staff lack experience of managing Championship games. There is no one in authority with that experience to advise them or to take responsibility. All departments are short staffed and operate under unreasonable pressure. Nobody above them cares about that. Hence they will make mistakes.

That is a consequence of running the club on the cheap - as was the nonsense announcement that they were going to check adult ticket IDs before the last home game, reversed after an outcry and never deliverable anyway because the resources are not there to do it.

You do have to register to buy a ticket remotely for any game, so no idea what you are talking about. And none of what I said above has anything to do with the team’s recent results, except it puts staff under more pressure. It’s your desperate agenda to link my comments to a view I don’t hold.
  • Options
    on a positive note, it's terrific how Bowyer and the Wembley Wonders have generated such a positive vibe around the place, so much so that there is a worry about 'selling out' the Valley and consequent fan segregation issues .. long may it last
  • Options
    on a positive note, it's terrific how Bowyer and the Wembley Wonders have generated such a positive vibe around the place, so much so that there is a worry about 'selling out' the Valley and consequent fan segregation issues .. long may it last
    I don’t think we’ll be selling out against Leeds but I agree the enthusiasm being generated is fantastic.
  • Options
    It’s hardly positive to accuse the “ticket office management” of “simply poor management”. The staff lack experience of managing Championship games. There is no one in authority with that experience to advise them or to take responsibility. Hence they will make mistakes.

That is a consequence of running the club on the cheap - as was the nonsense announcement that they were going to check adult ticket IDs before the last home game, reversed after an outcry and never deliverable anyway because the resources are not there to do it.

You do have to register to buy a ticket remotely for any game, so no idea what you are talking about. And none of this has anything to do with the team’s results. It’s your desperate agenda to link them, not mine.
    Total rubbish. How long has the manager of the ticket office worked for the club? They have also had experience of games in the past prior to this in terms of security and this would have been a CAT A game. 
    Once again misreading to put a negative spin, as I stated be positive and not it is positive to accuse the “ticket office management” of “simply poor management”.

There are years of experience at the club to manage a ticketing system, this was proved last season. With all due respect Chris Parkes sarted in the ticket office, and as for Mick Everitt, he is security, so he has to be aware of things and he hasnt been there two minutes. 

• Options
    edited September 2019
    It’s hardly positive to accuse the “ticket office management” of “simply poor management”. The staff lack experience of managing Championship games. There is no one in authority with that experience to advise them or to take responsibility. Hence they will make mistakes.

You do have to register to buy a ticket remotely for any game, so no idea what you are talking about. And none of this has anything to do with the team’s results. It’s your desperate agenda to link them, not mine.
    Total rubbish. How long has the manager of the ticket office worked for the club? They have also had experience of games in the past prior to this in terms of security and this would have been a CAT A game. 
    Once again misreading to put a negative spin, as I stated be positive and not it is positive to accuse the “ticket office management” of “simply poor management”.

There are years of experience at the club to manage a ticketing system, this was proved last season. With all due respect Chris Parkes sarted in the ticket office, and as for Mick Everitt, he is security, so he has to be aware of things and he hasnt been there two minutes. 
    Chris Parkes hasn’t been involved with selling tickets for 20 years and he was removed from that area for good reason after the play-off final in 1998. It was a totally different world then, not least because of the internet, but he oversaw regular cock-ups through the 1990s. Mick Everett is part time and he is the one who picks up the pieces - he isn’t involved in the management decisions.
  • Options

As previously mentioned everyone knows that Leeds would sell out, should have had some kind of restriction as soon as tickets went on sale...5 loyalty points would probably been enough....may have even encourage some local Leeds fans to have come along to the Brum game....so maybe 10 points.
  • Options
    be funny if we beat them to nil and so there fans literally have nothing to make noise about. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chris Parkes hasn’t been involved with selling tickets for 20 years and he was removed from that area for good reason after the play-off final in 1998. It was a totally different world then, not least because of the internet, but he oversaw regular cock-ups through the 1990s. Mick Everett is part time and he is the one who picks up the pieces - he works part-time and isn’t involved in the management decisions.
    I heard ME has been overruled in major decisions and one in particular resulted in safety issues for the club.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Chris Parkes hasn’t been involved with selling tickets for 20 years and he was removed from that area for good reason after the play-off final in 1998. It was a totally different world then, not least because of the internet, but he oversaw regular cock-ups through the 1990s. Mick Everett is part time and he is the one who picks up the pieces - he works part-time and isn’t involved in the management decisions.
    I heard ME has been overruled in major decisions and one in particular resulted in safety issues for the club.
    People should ask themselves why John Little and Tony Fewell - long-serving safety officer and chief steward - left under the current regime. If it wasn’t for Mick the club would be seriously in the shit.
  • Options
    be funny if we beat them to nil and so there fans literally have nothing to make noise about. 
    Best they get one goal to flush them out....maybe they go 1-0 up and we come back and win 5-1...that would do for me.
  • Options

Chris Parkes hasn’t been involved with selling tickets for 20 years and he was removed from that area for good reason after the play-off final in 1998. It was a totally different world then, not least because of the internet, but he oversaw regular cock-ups through the 1990s. Mick Everett is part time and he is the one who picks up the pieces - he isn’t involved in the management decisions.
    As stated in my post "Chris Parkes started in the ticket office" not that he does work in the ticket office, however i am sure being the man that he is he would have leant his previous knowledge of working in the office and what would be benifical to them. Mick Everitt does make senior descions i know for a fact. 

If the club can make decisions on asking for ID on previous season ticket holders and their age even though they have been on the database for over 9 years then can certainly decide what games tickets should or should not go on general sale.

The manager of the ticket office has years of experince does she not?

False economy ? Hardly. If the police turn up and the club have to pay for them to police the game then that is hardly false economy is it?

The facts are you want to blame a certain person for everything that goes wrong, that is the hidden agenda nothing more nothing less. 

• Options

As stated in my post "Chris Parkes started in the ticket office" not that he does work in the ticket office, however i am sure being the man that he is he would have leant his previous knowledge of working in the office and what would be benifical to them. Mick Everitt does make senior descions i know for a fact. 

If the club can make decisions on asking for ID on previous season ticket holders and their age even though they have been on the database for over 9 years then can certainly decide what games tickets should or should not go on general sale.

False economy ? Hardly. If the police turn up and the club have to pay for them to police the game then that is hardly false economy is it?

The facts are you want to blame a certain person for everything that goes wrong, that is the hidden agenda nothing more nothing less. 

It’s all very well him making decisions if someone else is going to make a different call in the pursuit of a few quid. Afternoon tone!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

It’s all very well him making decisions if someone else is going to make a different call in the pursuit of a few quid. Afternoon tone!
    I blame Boris, everything else has been his fault recently.
  • Options

That's literally exactly what a false economy is.
    Not in the context it was originally put, but we both know that it is in which makes no sense of the original statement.