Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Oak

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
Building work started a couple of days ago at the Oak,part of the pub is still open,be more room for the start of the season.

Comments

• bigger doors hopefully!
  • howd do you know that ? its not closed tho is it?
  • Is the H&G back up and running?
  • no, looking more and more derelict now.
  • H&G shut still,Paul S told me yesterday and when i drove past ealier builder were putting stuff in a skip
  • the Horse and Groom reopens this weekend.

the Oak is closing friday to start the proper refurb. Wont be open by the friendly but hoping to be open by the start day...unlikely i would say.
  • Thanks for the info as Medway / Swale gang will be on ana All Dayer for Scunny, Bugle B4 game but where to go after before the Curry....?
  • i will let you know the progress. he wants it open first day season. going to be much bigger pub.

did anyone know that at the back of the horse and groom there is a big yard - not the side bit but another bit which even has his and her loos. never knew that meself
  • thats news to me.. well you can sort of tell there is a plot back there but if they made that into a beer garden like the one at the swan that would be brilliant. I can't imagine the H&G without being engulfed in thick smoke... maybe with a possible garden it wont be so packed on a match day
  • Yes i think thats what he plans to do with it.