Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Back to back promotions to Premier League...

2»

Comments

• Options
    mascot88 said:
    Never been achieved by a team winning the Play-Offs
    We are pioneers : Keith Peacock , first time in any playoffs, first political party 
    We were also the first to get back to back promotions to the top flight.
  • Options
    MalMal
    edited September 2019
    Has any team gone from 3rd tier to top tier twice in successive seasons in the history of the game?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Never been achieved by a team winning the Play-Offs
     What if we win the playoffs again? I know it's a silly suggestion as we're clearly going up via autos... But would be a double record.
    No chance......We can’t play Sunderland.
    We can play the other club that we had an iconic play off match against. Leeds. 
  • Options
    Still very early days. Let's see if we're quite so confident after the run of games with Leeds, Swansea and Fulham.
  • Options
    Gotta love the blind optimism of the typical football fan... 

:-) 
  • Options
    Still very early days. Let's see if we're quite so confident after the run of games with Leeds, Swansea and Fulham.
    My post was tongue in cheek...
  • Options
    Why not. I'd be ok with 4th place.
  • Options
    Unless you have been living on Mars you should be aware of the last five years under Roland Duchatelet.

From the sublime to the ridiculous with our first 6 games but a season of two halves with August to December and January to May.

We needs the points in the bag leading up to the new year because the team will be weaker in 20/20 with Cullen and possibly Taylor leaving.  Plus the Injuries which happen in pro football especially at Cafc in recent years. 

I have enjoyed the last 12 months as much as any time in my long association with this club: From Matt Tees to Lyle Taylor.

You are allowed to dream but while Duchatelet's at the helm it can quickly turn into a nightmare.

Enjoy each game but don't get ahead of yourselves.
  • Options
    be terrific if we could do it .. time and performances will tell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I'd much rather these championships game with a 50/50 chance of winning every game, decent prices, no VAR, being able to get a ticket thanks seeing us dicked by city, spurs, liverpool
  • Options
    I'd much rather these championships game with a 50/50 chance of winning every game, decent prices, no VAR, being able to get a ticket thanks seeing us dicked by city, spurs, liverpool
    Nah mate. I would much rather go up and get dicked 4-0 or 5-0 every week. I would be at every game smashed out of my mind loving seeing us in the prem and playing top teams. get relegated with 100mill hopefully rid of Roland and suddenly we are in a much better place and our club is safe for the forseeable (something that seemed pretty far off about a year ago).

Not that its going to happen anyway.
  • Options
    I’d Still take 21st, sending Millwall down on goal difference 
  • Options
    It’s ours for the taking!
  • Options
    I was dreading playing Leeds before the Season started, now I can't wait to see how ;our players match up to them and how Bowyer can flex his managerial IQ against Bielsa.

Still would be delighted with 4th bottom, but this league could be very open and a small run at the end of the season could have you finishing anywhere...
  • Options
    Only 40 games left to go!
  • Options
    We have history. . . 34/35 3rd division south promoted, 35/36 2nd division promoted, 36/37 finished as runners up 1st division. . . Could happen . . .