Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One benefit of dropping for a few years...

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Do you think we would be averaging over 20k at home if Roland was not still our owner? We have below average attendance for the division and I was wondering if Rat was the reason?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Do you think we would be averaging over 20k at home if Roland was not still our owner? We have below average attendance for the division and I was wondering if Rat was the reason?
    Maybe maybe not, a lot of damage has been done to the club in recent years, a lot of people although still supporting Charlton have now used their time to do other things.

It would be blooming incredible IF we ever got back into the premier league, I think the demand was pretty big 20 plus years ago when we were in it and it’s only got bigger since then, we got out of it at the wrong time, before the massive tv deal money came along.

If we got back into the premier league the demand for tickets would be huge, the first time I bought a season ticket was after the playoffs in 98 even though I was working weekends and missed half of the games, I just wanted to make sure I could get a seat for as many matches as I could make.

I hope the team are doing well in January and can tempt people back to the valley who haven’t been for a while , to help push us over the line, by buying half season tickets.

I hate what Roland has done in the last 5 years with a passion , turning supporters against each other, and even making people give up coming.

However, I have been to so many football for a fiver matches, I hope we don’t do them this season, as it really kills the atmosphere , and we usually play crap!

I really hope our fan base is reenergised and the club is more together moving forward. 

• Options
    When I first started going in the 90s as young kid I think there was a gap in the fan base I didn’t see the blokes in their 20 and 30s as much, I just put it down to the selhurst years.  

Now our support has all sorts of ages but notably massive increase in lads in their 20s and 30s who go away from home.  I think we’re the generation who grew up seeing the Scott Parker’s and Matt Holland’s and are continuously chasing the glory days, like a gambler chasing loses, but are happy for the ride it takes to get there because we were starved of your Rochdale’s and the Blackpool’s, I genuinely mean that too those little grounds if we ever get back to the promised land will be talked of fondly.

Thats my take on it anyway.
    As I said, Prem kids who grew up @AFKABartram

Sure, they may bring their mates along and they then become fans but they're the demographic.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    On an upper tier at Wembley, being going since 70's - could not believe the escalator that kept delivering CAFC fans as we supped in the bar - brilliant.
  • Options
    Is this the "yoof" that rips up seats & other fittings like at Gillingham. 

Yeah.....great to have them. 
    So any young fans are to blame for the ridiculous behaviour that some come out with..........
  • Options
    When I first started going in the 90s as young kid .......
    Just another Johnny-come-lately ....... :smile:

• Options
    We need to push for over 20,000.
  • Options
    You get a massive opportunity to get local yoof following the club. 

Ticket prices are affordable and with attendances tailed off you create the ability for teens to start going as a group and get involved in the North Upper.

you can see the benefit of that now in the North Upper and on aways such as Reading. We have been literally flooded with teens over the last 2-3 years, more so than in any period since I started going as a kid.

You sinply couldn’t have got that in the Prem or when the North Upper / Old Covered End remained sold out in previous Championship spells. 

Lads want to go together and be amongst the noise. We’ve picked up a huge amount over last couple of years. 

Its a massive factor in why our atmospheres at home and on the road have been so good the last couple of seasons
    Would hate to get promoted to the prem....well just not yet.
  • Options
    My cousin's 2 boys have dumped the Arsenal for Charlton, I think the older one was half and half, after going to the play offs. Everyone's over the moon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On an upper tier at Wembley, being going since 70's - could not believe the escalator that kept delivering CAFC fans as we supped in the bar - brilliant.
    Wembley was mad, couldn’t believe all those people there to support Charlton! 
  • Options
    the cost comes into as well 

Saturday for example 

train, ticket and beer money under £100.00 

a ticket for arsenal spurs yesterday the cheapest face value ticket was £84.00 plus a £2.75 transaction fee. 
  • Options
    That’s some drinking you must have got in there @PalaceHater !
  • Options
    Well I'm a +1 when he's 100% gone. This is my 4th season boycotting & I really want to be part of the LB inspired resurgence. Can't wait for the Belgian to sell up & fuck off. Sadly by the time that happens I think LB will be gone as well :-(
  • Options
    Let’s face it. All this wave of feel good factor we’re riding on is completely and 100% down to Lee Bowyer. Got the same players Robinson had underperforming into the playoffs. Last season moulded an exciting team and togetherness that swept us to promotion. This season assembled a squad of quality and same team spirit and commitment and managed to unite the fans and players in a way not seen for years and all this while the madness of Duchatelet still hangs over our club. 

Great post Shooters,

One thing that i hear all the time from Bowyer is 'unique' , no not in the Meire way, or whether its a lack of diction - but it always seems that LB has a team that has a bond and togetherness about it - its fantastic to see them all scrapping for each other , and that i will always know as the Bowyer way. One things for sure, we aint gonna get beaten in this league without some sort of fight - something not experienced for some years.