Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton 2019/2020

Comments

• Options
    They win 2-0, their first win of the season. It's a 5% chance that they can stay up, but not impossible as with their fitness improving, each game they should improve a bit
  • Options
    2-0 up at Bristol Rovers, win puts them just 18-pts from safety

With two games in hand on MK Dons
    Things are looking up.
  • Options
    Sadly he'll probably score more goals than Hemed or Bonne will.
    This hasn't aged well
    Not maybe for Bonne.....
  • Options
    This hasn't aged well
    Not maybe for Bonne.....
    Hemed has been injured for most of that time too. How many minutes has he played compared to Dodoo?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    This hasn't aged well
    Not maybe for Bonne.....
    Hemed has been injured for most of that time too. How many minutes has he played compared to Dodoo?
    This season

Dodoo has played 171 minutes for Bolton
    Hemed has played 222 minutes for Charlton
  • Options
    Dodoo only signed for Bolton 3 weeks ago and has played in every game for them since.
  • Options
    2 wins in a row(3 if u include the EFL trophy) and they are now 15 points from safety(only 7 points away from being off the bottom)

Still think they could stay up
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Next League fixtures:

Milton Keynes Dons (H) | Accrington Stanley (A) | AFC Wimbledon (H)

They then play @ Peterborough before hosting Southend United the following week

Thats the four teams directly above them in the next five games, three of them being played at Bolton!! - Twelve points from those games and they could be three points from safety - If Bolton get to the New Year (I dont know if they'll be allowed to use the Transfer Window or whether they'll still be under an embargo) within touching distance of survival then I reckon they'll be fine this season
  • Options
    4/1 to stay up, surely worth a bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't care one way or the other.
    And yet you opened the thread.

I really dont get people like you, opening threads just to say you dont care.

If I dont care about a thread, I just dont open it, its simple really
    The thread title doesn’t say what the discussion is about other than in general terms, hence I opened it. Once I’d seen the content, I made my contribution which is that I don’t care if they survive or not. This is a perfectly valid position to hold. If it doesn’t satisfy Obergruppenführer paulie of the thought police, I’d say that’s more your problem than mine.

PS I still like your snooker updates. 
  • Options

The thread title doesn’t say what the discussion is about other than in general terms, hence I opened it. Once I’d seen the content, I made my contribution which is that I don’t care if they survive or not. This is a perfectly valid position to hold. If it doesn’t satisfy Obergruppenführer paulie of the thought police, I’d say that’s more your problem than mine.

That's another thread I know I won't open now aka snooker updates as I love my snooker.
    Thanks @AddicksAddict for saving me getting another bollocking 😂😂
  • Options
    Was a decision ever made about their punishment for the 2 league games they didn't fulfil?
  • Options

That's another thread I know I won't open now aka snooker updates as I love my snooker.
    Thanks @AddicksAddict for saving me getting another bollocking 😂😂
    SouthLondonisRed I think the snooker thread is bollocking-free.
  • Options
    Next League fixtures:

Milton Keynes Dons (H) | Accrington Stanley (A) | AFC Wimbledon (H)

They then play @ Peterborough before hosting Southend United the following week

Thats the four teams directly above them in the next five games, three of them being played at Bolton!! - Twelve points from those games and they could be three points from safety - If Bolton get to the New Year (I dont know if they'll be allowed to use the Transfer Window or whether they'll still be under an embargo) within touching distance of survival then I reckon they'll be fine this season
    Beat MK Dons today with a 93rd minute goal - Their other rivals who played (Accrington and Wimbledon) both lost

Means Bolton are now actually have points on the board and are just twelve behind Wimbledon having played three games less

They're going to be fine this season

Just a bit of fortune for those who got to play a weakened Bolton (winning 5-0 a couple of times) and a bit of a piss take for Doncaster
  • Options
    Why not yet punished for not turning up for a game earlier this season? 
  • Options
    With Keith Hill and the 9 new signings they made, add to that how poor Southend, AFC Wimbledon look, if Bolton play well and one more team start struggling Bolton may still have a chance come January of surviving  
    They need a miracle.

Already looking at needing something close to play off form to have a chance of surviving.
    Less of a miracle now, only 12 points away from safety now they are on plus points 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Going to be embarrassing to be honest, getting smashed every week makes a mockery of the league, even worse now because of Bury too. Should never have been allowed to play any games until their situation was sorted.
    Not so embarrassing now 
    3 league wins in a row
  • Options
    5 games postponed in L1 due to international call ups. Any more and L1 might as well have a complete break for the internationals as well!
  • Options
    5 games postponed in L1 due to international call ups. Any more and L1 might as well have a complete break for the internationals as well!
    I was thinking its amazing how many lower league teams have internationals now, 3 league 2 games were off as well.

10 years ago could u imagine 3 league 2 games called off for international duty lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite a few Scottish players play in League 1 B)
  • Options
    With Keith Hill and the 9 new signings they made, add to that how poor Southend, AFC Wimbledon look, if Bolton play well and one more team start struggling Bolton may still have a chance come January of surviving  
    They need a miracle.

Already looking at needing something close to play off form to have a chance of surviving.
    Less of a miracle now, only 12 points away from safety now they are on plus points 
    True, although they're pretty lucky that a) a number of clubs seem to be extra shit this season and b) the FA appear to have forgotten all about the 2 games they didn't fulfill. 

Their next 2 home games are Wimbledon and Southend too, so they could be off the bottom soon.
  • Options
    Looks like Bolton are getting a 5 point deduction suspended for 18 months and 70K fine

• Options
    Looks like Bolton are getting a 5 point deduction suspended for 18 months and 70K fine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50420657

I think Bolton are quite lucky to have the points deduction suspended, when you consider what happened to Middlesbrough. It means though that they have a great chance of staying up now
  • Options
    Am curious if Blackpool got the same sentence after their game with Huddersfield was abandoned?
  • Options
    Am curious if Blackpool got the same sentence after their game with Huddersfield was abandoned?
    Yes, suspended 3 point deduction (which is the punishment Bolton got for the first cancelled game)
  • Options
    An interesting development, the punishment did seem really lenient to me

The EFL will appeal against the "lenient" suspended points deduction given to Bolton Wanderers over unfulfilled fixtures. 
  • Options
    It’s way too lenient, it should be a 6 point penalty. 
  • Options

The EFL will appeal against the "lenient" suspended points deduction given to Bolton Wanderers over unfulfilled fixtures. 
    So when a shitty owner who comes in and doesnt care about a club and just gives them debt after debt or doesnt pay wages the EFL doesnt care.

But when a team who have been through all that shit and somehow managed to come out the other side get a 5 point suspended deduction, suddenly the EFL pipe up

• Options

Very poor decision. They called off a game they would almost certainly lose. Now they have a bigger squad and might get something from it. It could be the difference between getting relegated or not. 

If they’d awarded the game to Doncaster it wouldn’t be so bad. Also, it was their second unfulfilled fixture after calling the Brentford game off last season. 

If the only punishment is a suspended points deduction and some cash, why not have us call off Saturdays game, take the fine and then schedule it when Lyle and the midfield are all fit.