Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst away pubs...

2»

Comments

• Options
    1905 said:
    Some dreadful pubs in Fleetwood - cheap though!
    Stawberry Gardens is a nice pub up there.
  • Options
    Any pub in Wolverhampton seem to be no go for away fans and the in the vacinity of QPR too. They might as well just have a sign saying "AWAY FANS F*** OFF!"
  • Options
    qpr is an awful away day for pubs, this year will likely have a drink in earls court before then get on tube from there, although at darts the night before so even the pub may be getting swerved. 
  • Options
    We were making our way to Carrow Road after a few liveners and a few us needed a leak, and magically a pub appeared. We went in and it did seem odd that a pub next to the ground being empty, but as our eyes adjusted to the light.........

Another hovel was the Sky Blue Tavern at Coventry, got stuck to the carpet there. 
  • Options
    QPR - The Springbok is open to away fans isn't it?  It's right next to the ground.
  • Options
    qpr is an awful away day for pubs, this year will likely have a drink in earls court before then get on tube from there, although at darts the night before so even the pub may be getting swerved. 
    Go to Notting Hill.
  • Options
    So many to choose from back in the day, but i do remember a pretty hostile one at Brammal Lane with @razil, @Clem_Snide and a few others. The year there was a big half time ruck under the stand between our lot & the police....

• Options
    Go to Notting Hill.

Think there was a place in Whitefield shopping centre.
  • Options
    Go to Notting Hill.

Think there was a place in Whitefield shopping centre.
    I meant Westfield. I remeber going to a bar there with no bouncers. Whitefield is suburb of Manchester not far from Bury. It's a couple of stops on the Manc tram up to Bury. But yeah you might as well go to Whitefield to get served before QPR. LOL!
  • Options
    Belushi's, Shepherds Bush Green is the 'away pub' at QPR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pub, fairly close to Goodison Park. Can't remember it's name. Evening game. Arrived middle of the afternoon. Stank of urine, some really skanky customers in there + an old whippet like dog, which I swear had crapped in the corner of the pool room. We couldn't be bothered to look for a better pub, so spent quite a few hours in there. It did serve stella however and not surprisingly I can't remember much about the game (1-1) Steve Mckensie scored...i think!! Another absolute dump was a pub near villa park.
  • Options
    Fleur De Lis (sp) at Gillingham would take some beating last season....and I’ve been in some absolute dives over the years 
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    Pub, fairly close to Goodison Park. Can't remember it's name. Evening game. Arrived middle of the afternoon. Stank of urine, some really skanky customers in there + an old whippet like dog, which I swear had crapped in the corner of the pool room. We couldn't be bothered to look for a better pub, so spent quite a few hours in there. It did serve stella however and not surprisingly I can't remember much about the game (1-1) Steve Mckensie scored...i think!! Another absolute dump was a pub near villa park.
    The Stanley Park?
  • Options
    Dave Mehmet. The fact you've picked it up on my description, it sounds very likely. Know it was very close to ground. Strangely don't remember other Charlton fans in there, but was a few years back
  • Options
    I will miss bradford this season.
    Agree with @roseandcrown quite a few of the best awaydays have been in the worse pubs
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    Dave Mehmet. The fact you've picked it up on my description, it sounds very likely. Know it was very close to ground. Strangely don't remember other Charlton fans in there, but was a few years back
    I first went in there in the 80’s and it wasn’t too bad. It gradually got more and more grottier as the years went by.

Went there for a night game (the 3 2 I think) and a guy had what looked like a load of mini scaffolding sticking out the side of his face. Got talking to him and he’d had a row with his brother who smashed his face in and the pins were holding his face together.

Didn’t take too kindly to my mouthy mate asking him (in a loud voice) if he could get Sky on it.
  • Options
    Amazing really, the British pub, an integral part of our english culture. Yet so many are absolute fucking shitholes. Especially near footy grounds.
  • Options
    There’s a Brewdog in Shepherds Bush pretty close to Loftus Road isn’t there?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The Talbot outside Bolton station is not great......
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Bolton is not great......

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Yea goldhawk road. 5-10 minute walk from the ground.
  • Options
    The Bramcote at the rusty toolbox. It’s not an away and I had the misfortune to have meet some spanners mates in there, along with @TelMc32. Most of them couldn’t tell you to fook off, as it would be stringing two words together.
  • Options
    Thornton heath and Norwood pubs were all pretty grotty, except the Port Manor of course, which was a delight.
  • Options
    Not a bad pub but The Goldhawk At Q.P.R went one season and it was a right dive . Following season goes again massive make over for the pub and turns out it’s a gay pub