Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dennis Edwards RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Remember him well from my first full season of watching Charlton. If I remember correctly the regular forward line for most of that season was:

Kenning/Matthews/Firmani/Edwards/Glover.

Edwards was a good player on his day.
  • Options
    RIP Dennis

i have fond memories of Lawrie, Matthews, Leary, Edwards, Kinsey just before that front five.
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    Like others on here I remember him being in the side when I first started going to games: in my case 63/64. RIP.
  • Options
    Remember Dennis very well R I P played in a very good Charlton side.
  • Options
    RIP Daisy. Inside forward for my very first Charlton fixture alongside Firmani and Matthews.
    Great bloke always had time to sign an autograph and chat.

• Options
    @baldybonce one of your Dad's favourites.
  • Options
    One of my first heroes, along with Johnny Summers, Stuart Leary and Roy 'Jessie' Matthews. Rest in Peace Daisy.
  • Options
    Really liked Daisy. Can still remember the covered end singing'Daisy Daisy give me your answer do ' . A good player in a very good Charlton side.
    Thoughts are with all of his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I started supporting  Charlton in 1962, Dennis was our spearhead at that time.

A very hard worker as I remember.

As others have said, Leeds tried to kick him out of the game at the valley, that game is imprinted in my memory.

RIP Dennis
  • Options
    RIP Dennis