Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many supporters on CL live in SE6 ?

I was having a discussion on another thread, with someone who asserted that Charlton have thousands of supporters living in SE6.
He may well be right, although I felt we had no more than 200 S/T holders, with an SE6 post code.

So out of curiosity, how many posters on here currently live in SE6 ?

Comments

• I lived in SE6 from March 2016 to March 2018, but now live in SE8.

I can also tell you that Dourof's Carpets, a long-standing family business on Rushey Green, is run by Charlton fans.

Does that help at all?
  • edited September 2019
    I've lived in se6 since 2011.
  • What have the number of season ticket holders got to do with the number of fans.....they are two different things.
  • What have the number of season ticket holders got to do with the number of fans.....they are two different things.
    I think you are majorly overthinking the amount of fans we have in that area. 50 years ago maybe, but it’s never really been a Charlton area in recent decades and us being below Palace and Millwall for a number of years now will mean there is even les chance of the current younger generation being active. 
  • Even in the 90s when we had extremely active local supporters groups, Catford & Lewisham were never particularly well supported if I remember correctly
    I think you are majorly overthinking the amount of fans we have in that area. 50 years ago maybe, but it’s never really been a Charlton area in recent decades and us being below Palace and Millwall for a number of years now will mean there is even les chance of the current younger generation being active. 
    Possibly.
  • Catford and surrounding area init, Witchdoctor club / Savoy territory in my youf 😉. 
  • edited September 2019
    I live in SE4/SE13 and am actually surprised how many CAFC shirts/ car stickers I see knocking about. 

There’s definitely more Millwall, but then of the football fans I see who aren’t vagrants stood about outside spoons at 9am on a Tuesday morning or squaring up to their missus in the middle of the high street, most are more likely to be Charlton fans.

You see kids in Charlton shirts (which is surprising as I don’t think they do all the football courses etc in Lewisham?), and a few others around. Definitely more than palace which is slightly reassuring. It’s a millwall area really though (but then I feel like you see more Millwall shirts in SE7 than charlton on non match days!) and probably more arsenal shirts than anything else - but enough Charlton about to be aware that we’re a local club.

AFKABartram said:
    Even in the 90s when we had extremely active local supporters groups, Catford & Lewisham were never particularly well supported if I remember correctly

• Pretty sure Johnny Summers lived in Catford.
  • I imagine as younger fans grow up they'll likely live further away from the Valley now what with house prices

i.e. I'd been Bexleyheath all my life (Seem to remember reading that the Bexley Borough had the most amount of Charlton fans than any other area about 10-20 years ago)

Live down in Medway now because of affordability 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    I reckon we got at least 20/25 down here in Crawley and surrounding area
  • Catford is my neighbour, along with Lewisham.
    Quality support from round here.
    The proof of true Charlton is about how many train stations are near to where you live. I mean Sidcup has...well only Sidcup, Welling has...well only Welling, we have loads to choose from, zone 3 too.
    We are the motherload, the rest of you are ballast.

• I am moving back to SE6 in 6 days time
  • I live in SE4/SE13 and am actually surprised how many CAFC shirts/ car stickers I see knocking about. 

There’s definitely more Millwall, but then of the football fans I see who aren’t vagrants stood about outside spoons at 9am on a Tuesday morning or squaring up to their missus in the middle of the high street, most are more likely to be Charlton fans.

You see kids in Charlton shirts (which is surprising as I don’t think they do all the football courses etc in Lewisham?), and a few others around. Definitely more than palace which is slightly reassuring. It’s a millwall area really though (but then I feel like you see more Millwall shirts in SE7 than charlton on non match days!) and probably more arsenal shirts than anything else - but enough Charlton about to be aware that we’re a local club.

AFKABartram said:
    Even in the 90s when we had extremely active local supporters groups, Catford & Lewisham were never particularly well supported if I remember correctly

Your gaff straddles two post codes, how big is it? 
  • I started my cafc supporting life in SE6...waiting under the railway bridge in st midreds road for a 75 ...waiting for 75s outside Charlton park ..you could see the buses coming from Woolwich in the distance only to be disappointed when they turned out to be 54s and 53s ...

Ps Johnny summers did live in catford ..he worked for a while with my dad during the summer a few times 

When I was school..the same one as @SoundAsa£ ...apart from the first div glory hunters it was either Charlton or millwall 

• I live in SE6.

For or what it’s worth, the Butchers shop round the corner from my road has Charlton scarves up behind the counter 
  • I live in SE4/SE13 and am actually surprised how many CAFC shirts/ car stickers I see knocking about. 

AFKABartram said:

Glad to hear there's plenty of Charlton knocking around these parts.

Just down the road in Forest Hill it's almost entirely Palace with a bit of Millwall, and it's led to me unnecessarily sporting 'colours' on almost every local errand I run.  
  • I'm in SE13, go to matches with 2 others who are a street away but neither on CL. There are more Spanners locally but more of us than Nigels. 
  • edited September 2019
    So far we've got Jack Charlton and Hovi's Biscuit.
    Paulie will make 3 if he moves to SE6 next week.

I reckon Airman would know how many Charlton fans or S/T holders live in SE6 (or did a few years back).

I just found this old thread, so sirjohnhumphrey makes 4.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/54249/addicks-fans-who-actually-live-in-london/p6

• Make that five used to get the 180 from Southend lane to the Woolwich rd and in to the R.O.D 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    I live in SE6.

For or what it’s worth, the Butchers shop round the corner from my road has Charlton scarves up behind the counter 
    Live in Catford
    Hes a good guy, the butcher on Muirkirk Rd. bit of Charlton chat goes a long way to getting a bit of discount.
  • Lived in Catford for a couple of years in the early eighties.
  • i know of two who live in SE6. one is a season ticket holder. 

i would of counted as would my grandparents in the 90s but unfortunately they died and i moved away from the area. did live in SE13 for a bit about 7 years ago though.  
  • edited September 2019
    Make that five used to get the 180 from Southend lane to the Woolwich rd and in to the R.O.D 
    Used to ? Do you live in SE6 now ?
    Still 4 pending clarification :smile:
  • Lived most of my childhood in brockley which is when I first went to the valley when I was 5 before my family moving out to Kent yet somehow ended up working in Charlton for 17 years as my 1st job after leaving school
    Charlton athletic is like a magnet in life the further u move away it still draws you back
  • I too grew up in Brockley and my entire family were Charlton fans.
  • edited September 2019
    Roll up roll up, any more ?
    We have 3 so far, plus Paulie moving in next week.
  • edited September 2019
    Out of the 3 so far
    Anyone live near Perry Hill, would be nice to meet some other Charlton fans for a beer(plus I have sky so maybe could come round to watch the Fulham game, although I have a small tv haha)
  • I was brought up in Bellingham, opposite the Catford cop shop, the posh end of Catford.

Left in '93.
  • Out of the 3 so far
    Anyone live near Perry Hill, would be nice to meet some other Charlton fans for a beer(plus I have sky so maybe could come round to watch the Fulham game, although I have a small tv haha)

I’m more Culverley Green or as I like to call it lower Bromley village.