Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe

2»

Comments

• Options
    sholland said:
    Didn’t he go to Burnley and not do too well?
    Or did I just dream that?

Bournemouth just annoy the bejesus out of me. How can you have a team in the PL for that amount of time still with a ground that small?

He left Burnley and returned to Bournemouth for family and personal reasons after his mother passed away.
    Cheers!
    He was also absolutely fuming that they flogged Jay Rodriguez. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    He's the Bournemouth version of Alan Curbishley

In a way we ended up with better what with the ride we had under Chris Powell at the time

Be curious to see what happens to them when they decide Howe has done as well as he can or if he decides enough is enough

Think their time in the Premier League would very quickly come to an end
    Was  hoping that might be this season, sh*t ground, no fans  >:).
    Disappointing post.
    I heard you the first time! It's not obligatory to want other teams to do well is it?  ;)
  • Options
    sholland said:
    Didn’t he go to Burnley and not do too well?
    Or did I just dream that?

Bournemouth just annoy the bejesus out of me. How can you have a team in the PL for that amount of time still with a ground that small?

He left Burnley and returned to Bournemouth for family and personal reasons after his mother passed away.
    He also thought the beaches at Sandbanks were a bit nicer than Blackpool Sands :-)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Been said that if Howe spike like Dyche and Dyche spike like Howe that Dyche would be touted for jobs a lot more than he is. 

Bit bit like if Scholes looked like Beckham and vice versa which one would be the global superstar 
    Ryan Giggs ;-) 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Not quite the fairy tale portraid in the press as they lost c.£48m the season the got promoted! However, he'd been brilliant with no money before that and has been pretty decent on a modest (for prem) budget since. Seems like a nice fella too. I used to work with Steven Purches' dad (former AFCB player and coach), who told me howe was close to joining us, but thought the owners wouldnt give him enough time to turn things around. Powell got that period of grace for being a club legend,  maybe eddie wouldn't have faired so well with us at the time?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    YTS1978 said:
    Not quite the fairy tale portraid in the press as they lost c.£48m the season the got promoted! However, he'd been brilliant with no money before that and has been pretty decent on a modest (for prem) budget since. Seems like a nice fella too. I used to work with Steven Purches' dad (former AFCB player and coach), who told me howe was close to joining us, but thought the owners wouldnt give him enough time to turn things around. Powell got that period of grace for being a club legend,  maybe eddie wouldn't have faired so well with us at the time?
    Howe didn't come to us because the owners at the time didn't act quick enough and went quiet after an initial meet up. He was keen and was invited back for a second interview but the date didn't materialise so he sacked it off and ended up at Burnley.