Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How does one edit a Category?

edited September 2019 in Troubleshooting
If you inadvertently start a thread with the wrong Category selected, how do you edit it? 

Asking for a friend. 

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Will look into it

"Other Football and Sports" for ze Germans getting a day off with the hangover. Ffs
  • Chizz said:
    If you inadvertently start a thread with the wrong Category selected, how do you edit it? 

Asking for a friend. 
    Not sure what options you lowly common peasants have to be honest. 

i know out of the goodness of our hearts we give you the ability to correct your horrendous posts yourselves within 24 hours, after that it is moderator control only.

If you start a thread, then return to it after realising you’re faux pas and hit the toggle button on the right, I assume you get an edit option. Do you not get a move option as well?
  • Chizz said:

Asking for a friend. 
    Not sure what options you lowly common peasants have to be honest. 

i know out of the goodness of our hearts we give you the ability to correct your horrendous posts yourselves within 24 hours, after that it is moderator control only.

If you start a thread, then return to it after realising you’re faux pas and hit the toggle button on the right, I assume you get an edit option. Do you not get a move option as well?
    Nope.  The only options are to edit the text in the post or the title, but not move or change the Category. 

I am familiar with the whole process, because I make many, many errors in posts, so I often have to go back and edit them.  But there doesn't seem to be a place to change the Category.  My friend will be disappointed.