Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away team boats to The Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Kin ell , proper proper away support , they’re massive 

that’s the morning jostle sorted , thanks addickted 
    Cabbles idea of heaven that.
  • Options
    This’ll do
    Craig Bellamy has done well for himself...
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    A poor Leeds turn out. I think it was 26 coaches and 3 transits.
    I recall counting 56 Kettering coaches when we played them at Selhurst Park in the FAC.
    I seem to recall a crowd of about 16,000 and at least half supporting Kettering. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I recall counting 56 Kettering coaches when we played them at Selhurst Park in the FAC.
    I seem to recall a crowd of about 16,000 and at least half supporting Kettering. 
    If my memory serves me right, the crowd was 16,001 and there were 8k Kettering fans there.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    If my memory serves me right, the crowd was 16,001 and there were 8k Kettering fans there.
    That's what I thought.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Didn’t we take around 75 coaches up to old Trafford for the cup match ?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

We had over 10,000 up there so we may well of done...plenty on the trains as well.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

We had over 10,000 up there so we may well of done...plenty on the trains as well.
    My memory has been known to fail me, but I seem to recall that around 5,000 took to CASC coaches for that match 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

My memory has been known to fail me, but I seem to recall that around 5,000 took to CASC coaches for that match 
    It was certainly a lot of coaches I remember that.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Addickted said:

It was certainly a lot of coaches I remember that.
    There were simply no more coaches available to hire for that trip. We had hired every one possible. Fortunately,  it was just about right for those wanting to book on them. 
    The later booked coaches were starting to get a little long in the tooth and tired. I think they had buckets rather than toilets.
  • Options
    We took many coaches to Bristol City in the cup. Even I got roped into stewarding one 
  • Options
    Wembley '98, I arranged six coaches just from Sevenoaks.

Even then, we had to give a lift to about 30 fans on one of the Hasting coaches, who thought Sevenoaks meant Clacket Lane.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Addickted said:

Lots of cars also.
  • Options
    I remember a few years back a St George’s day party ska/band boat that lots of Charlton on here were on with me, started at Greenwich then docked that afternoon at the pier down by the barrier so everyone could walk up to the lib club to continue the party, so it can be organised by charter boat companies if desired.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I remember a few years back a St George’s day party ska/band boat that lots of Charlton on here were on with me, started at Greenwich then docked that afternoon at the pier down by the barrier so everyone could walk up to the lib club to continue the party, so it can be organised by charter boat companies if desired.
    I should think the objection would be to 200 or so potentially rowdy football fans turning up at the Barrier visitor centre on a Saturday lunchtime.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I should think the objection would be to 200 or so potentially rowdy football fans turning up at the Barrier visitor centre on a Saturday lunchtime.
    So.... There IS a working pier by the barrier! I thought you said it was derelict?
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    So.... There IS a working pier by the barrier! I thought you said it was derelict?
    The one nearest the Valley is derelict. Time and place Siv  ;)
  • Options
    This one 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Type your comment.
  • Options
    Deffo derelict!
  • Options
    Looks perfectly suitable for away fans to me
  • Options
    That photo was taken after the spanner’s boat docked. 😉