Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And he's gone - £16.5m

2»

Comments

• Options
    It's too easy to talk about what's gone on before (the board/Dowie/Reed/bad decisons/still be in the prem etc), it's about the here and now:

I think it's a great bit of business, there's no way in the world we'd have kept hold of Darren in the fizzy pop league. Fair play to the board for negotiating this deal when many of us thought they'd lost it by turning down the Wet Spam offer and Darren - who we've all said is a real genuine decent bloke - get's a better personal deal than he'd have got at Wet Spam.

Personally even though we knew it was coming, now it's happened I'm totally gutted and the fact it's Spuds makes it even more difficult to take but thanks Darren for two blinding seasons, I can safely say it was an absolute pleasure watching a player of such total class and absolute quality in The Red Shirt.

No matter where he plays in the future I will always wish him well and will be proud of the fact that he was once a Charlton player and my kids and I sung his name.

Good luck to him!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]18 years with us,then left just proved that he was never really charlton.

a wind up surely?
  • Options
    Its Kevin Lisbie I feel sorry for.He's now our leading goalscorer on the books.Too much pressure on those young shoulders, the expectation,the Number 9 shirt beckons,a new contract, how will he cope,its so cruel,A lamb to the slaughter.I cant bear to watch.Please, please, please, will someone, anyone,anybody, just somebody, please put him out of OUR misery, and just take him away.......its for his own good.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if I can I buy the "Darren Bent - The Goals and More" DVD at the club shop this morning? I need to watch it before he plays for Spurs!