Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton Athletic v Leeds United (closes Monday lunchtime)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Phillips: 7.5 - Couple of good saves but distribution poor again
    Solly: 7.5 - Very good game in trying circumstances
    Lockyer: 8 (MoM) - Excellent
    Sarr: 7.5 - Very solid
    Purrington: 7 - Marked his man tightly
    Pratley: 7.5 - No class but does what he does so well
    Cullen: 8 - Superb effort; all over the place
    Gallagher: 7.5 - Marked tightly and kicked to bits
    Leko: 7 - Did OK
    Williams: 7 - Tried hard with little supply
    Bonne: 6.5 - Tried his best and fed on scraps
    Aneke: 6.5 - Got involved but little effect
    Referee: 7 - Had a reasonable game
  • Options
    clive said:
    At the game
    Phillips: 7
    Solly: 7
    Lockyer: 8
    Sarr: 7
    Purrington: 7
    Pratley: 8
    Cullen: 7.5
    Gallagher: 9
    Leko: 7
    Williams: 7
    Bonne: 7
    Aneke: 7
    Referee: 6
    I think this is bang on the money, I might have even pushed Pratley to a 8.8
  • Options
    Phillips: 8
    Solly: 7
    Sarr: 7
    Pratley: 7
    Cullen: 8
    Gallagher:8
    Williams: 8.5
    Aneke: 6
    Referee:  6
  • Options
    Phillips: 8.5 Clean sheet but didn't need to make any great saves.
    Solly: 9
    Lockyer: 9
    Sarr: 9
    Purrington: 9
    Pratley: 8.5
    Gallagher: 8.5
    Leko: 9 
    Williams: 7.5
    Bonne: 8
    Aneke: 8

Can't really give a man of the match - the back for were the men of the match. I try not to comment on the refs, but how he did not send Banford off is totally beyond me. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Phillips: 8 - well protected by his defence but made a few good saves (especially the one at the end) and generally inspires confidence
    Solly: 8.5 - back to his tigerish best
    Lockyer: 8.5 - another fine game
    Sarr: 8 - a couple of shaky moments early on but contributed fully to an excellent defensive display
    Purrington: 7.5 - solid as ever, particularly for a man carrying a calf strain
    Pratley: 8 - a game that was tailor made for Pratters. The bloke’s been a bit of a revelation this season
    Cullen: 8 - worked hard at containing Leeds and played us nicely out of some tight situations
    Gallagher: 9.5: MoM - absolutely outstanding ability, coupled with a superb attitude. What a great young professional 
    Leko: 7.5 - pace to burn, turned his man repeatedly and made a vital block in his own 6 yard box when I’m pretty sure that Dillon was beaten. Needs to improve his decision making but our coaching team will work on that and he has a lot of raw talent
    Williams: 8 - he used the ball extremely well and troubled Leeds repeatedly. He also successfully stifled Kalvin Phillips’ attempts to dictate play from deep - a defensive attribute that he’s successfully added to his game since he arrived in January 
    Bonne: 8 - good pace and movement and worked exceptionally hard, his mobility fits well into our system and style of play
    Aneke: 6.5 - some nice touches and added some welcome physicality. Needs to improve his level of fitness and can look a little sluggish at times
    Referee: 5 - he’s only a young ref (29) but I felt he let himself down by failing to book Kalvin Phillips for persistent fouling in the first 20 minutes. That gave the latter and his teammates the licence to dish out plenty of stick thereafter to Williams and Gallagher. He should also have dismissed Bamford for kicking Gallagher. Although Dillon is a very good time waster - in the best tradition of Charlton goalies - the ref was on his case before he’d even got going, which I found extremely irritating
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Phillips: 7.5 - some great saves. felt he could of come out for some of the crosses but tbh it might be that we had 3 at the back so he was told to leave the ball alone and let our CBs deal with it. needed to keep the ball on the field with his kicking. 
    Solly: 8.5 - superb defensive display. dealt with various players out on the wing. some great positioning at the back post to head the ball clear. 
    Lockyer: 8 - headers were brilliant. 
    Sarr: 8 - confident display. shows skill when taking the ball out of defensive. couple of miss placed passes but overall a very solid display. 
    Purrington: 7.5 - not as troubled as Solly with endless attacks but when he did get anyone on his side he was ready for them.
    Pratley: 8 - reads the game so well. some last ditch foot inns to win back possession in our own box. 
    Cullen: 8.5 - another superb performance from this dynamo of a midfielder. never stops. 
    Gallagher: 8.5 - shame that he had to come off but i bet those leeds midfielders were relieved. harassed them non stop. 
    Leko: 6.5 - got strength. got pace. got skill. all good but he has to look up and pass/cross the ball rather than focus on the defender in front of him.
    Williams: 8 - another great display from the welshman. like our other midfielders gave it his all at putting pressure on the leeds midfield. 
    Bonne: 7.5 - very impressed with him. won a few headers. tracked back well and was a handful. no real chances for him apart from the backside goal. cant wait to see what he can do if a chance presents himself. then we will know if he is the real deal.
    Aneke: 5.5 - for me personally (most on here seem to disagree so i must be very much in the minority) but i was disappointed in his performance. when we are hanging on to a lead against a big club you want someone who can pick the right passes, run with the ball, add some pace and most importantly of all be able to put pressure on their defence (close them down) as they build an attack and also track back. because of his lack of pace he wasent able to do that much. 
    Referee: 5 - would of got higher if he dished out a yellow to a couple of their players, especially phillips for consistent fouling. 
  • Options
    Phillips:  7 
    Solly:  7 
    Lockyer:  7 
    Sarr:  7
    Purrington:  7 
    Pratley:  6.5 
    Cullen:  5.5 
    Gallagher:  7
    Leko:  5 
    Williams:  6 
    Bonne:  6.5 
    Aneke:  5 
    Referee:  7 
  • Options
    Phillips: 7 still worried about his distribution, but pulled off two good saves.
    Solly: 7 his best performance so far did not look out classed.
    Sarr: 7  a great improvement over the Wigan game, must stop trying the long ball he just cannot judge range.
    Purrington: 7 did well both in the back 4 and when he pushed up after pratley went to centre back and Sarr to the left.
    Pratley: 9 because he played two roles in the match and did them both well. motm
    Cullen: 8 his best performance since the Forest game
    Gallagher:8 ran Pratley close.
    Leko: 8 for getting back and defending, he still has no idea when to pass the ball instead of tacking on 3 defenders at once.
    Williams: 7had good end of first half and 2 nd half.
    Bonne: 7 gave his all, and we must remeber the giant step up he is making.
    Aneke: 7 thought he fought well and his strenght gave them problems.

• Options
    Phillips: 7.5 Pretty solid - couple of wayward kicks left me wondering if he had a knock
    Solly: 8 Magnificent
    Lockyer: 8.5 Even more magnificent 
    Sarr: 8 Magnificent 
    Purrington: 7.5 Solid
    Pratley: 8 Magnificent 
    Cullen: 7 Quieter first half but much better second
    Gallagher: 9 Awesome. Future England captain material. Unbelievable that he had not made a senior start before this season.
    Leko: 7 Would be 9 or 10 if he could find some end product
    Williams: 6 Not quite at his best - maybe doing more of a defensive role than usual
    Bonne: 7.5 Can't ask much more of a kid on full debut.
    Aneke: 5 Twice the size of Bonne! Not mobile enough for me
    Referee: 4 - clear red for Bamford and no idea how we ended up with three yellows.

Fields: n/a
    Pearce: n/a

• Options
    Phillips: 6
    Solly: 8
    Sarr: 8
    Purrington: 6
    Cullen: 7
    Gallagher:8
    Williams: 8
    Aneke: 7
    Referee: 5

Fields: n/a
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips: 8.5 some top saves. Kicking atrocious but who cares? Clean sheet and 3 points against the best team in the league. 
    Solly: 8 very good awareness of the game. 
    Lockyer: 9 absolutely superb. Some have said ‘stupid booking.’ It is exactly how I would’ve reacted if I had seen my teammate get wiped out late by someone who has no intention of playing the ball. 
    Sarr: 8 panicked when I saw him instead of Pearce. The most composed he has been in a football pitch since before the play offs. 
    Purrington: 7.5 
    Pratley: 8 just gets better and better 
    Cullen: 8.5 Mr Dependable. 
    Gallagher: 9.5 ran his socks off. From that I’ve seen, he’s better than where Mount was at last season. Absolutely superb performance. 
    Leko: 7.5 extra .5 for that block on the line. Needs to look up and pass. Too many times where he wanted to go on his own. 
    Williams: 8.5 kept everything ticking. I hope he was brought off as a precaution. 
    Bonne: 8.5 really good performance from him. Held the ball up well and got a goal. They all count. Hopefully just a bit of cramp. 
    Aneke: 7.5 solid. Perfect player to bring on. 
    Referee: 5 didn’t think the ref was great. How Bamford wasn’t sent off. Went through the back of CG. Was really late. No intention of playing the ball and followed through before strutting off like he meant it. 

Fields: n/a exactly what we needed! That block at the end!!!! 

Performances like Satuday’s is why all the fans are coming back. Fuck Roland. Fuck takeover talks. We turn up to watch Bowyer and his men put their bodies on the line so that we can enjoy moments like the final whistle. So good to see every player involved giving 100%. 
  • Options
    Phillips: 8 - Sound when he needed to be. Another clean sheet.
    Solly: 8 - Positional play was spot on. Headed away a couple of very dangerous far post crosses 2nd half and one crunching tackle.
    Lockyer: - 8 Possibly lucky not be sent off for raising his hands (silly) but had a great game. Did well to get his shot in for the goal and defended superbly.
    Sarr: 8 - Got his head on a few crosses to nod them away, did a few blocks and brought the ball forward like only he can do. Adapted to the change in formation well.
    Purrington: 7.5 - Defended very soundly. 
    Pratley: 8 - Thought he started well in midfield and then moved seamlessly to the back. Read the game very well and got tight to his man.
    Cullen: 7 - Had to play very deep and we would've struggled without him buzzing around. 
    Gallagher: 9 - No real attacking threat this time but his work-rate was almost off the scale. So good in tight areas on the ball and not afraid to get properly stuck in. 
    Leko: 7 - Carried an attacking threat and therefore brings a lot to the team. He's raw and will muck a few things up but he showed great strength to hold off their defenders. A crucial block 1st half.
    Williams: 7 - Buzzed around and gave everything. Hope he's ok to play a part on Weds.
    Bonne: 7.5 - Excellent effort. Ran the line well, won his flicks and tried to hold the ball up. Did his share of defending by tracking back and covering space. Definitely something to work with there.
    Aneke: 7 - He's great at running with the ball. I can see him developing well under LB. 
    Referee: 

Fields: n/a - Liked his cameo. Strong and committed.
    Pearce: n/a - Liked his cameo. Won a couple of very good headers. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Phillips: 7.5 good keeper, terrible disruption 
    Solly: 8 was unreal again today
    Lockyer: 8.5 Wow what a man!
    Sarr: 7.5 Solid
    Purrington: 7 the classic Purrington performance
    Pratley: 8 Love the man, minus 0.5 for a shocker on the edge of the box
    Cullen: 7.5 class Cullen
    Gallagher: 8.5 What a guy, was everywhere
    Leko: 7 so exciting but needs to pass the ball more
    Williams: 7.5 industrious and offers a great outball
    Bonne: 7 Pleased for him to get off the mark, hope we can press on
    Aneke: 7.5 thought he did really well when he came on, gets unfair stick 

Referee: 4.5 everything wents Leeds' way and the red card couldn't be more obvious

Bamford - 1 - hope someone breaks the bastards leg, horrible bloke
  • Options
    At the Valley or from a live stream your marks please:

Phillips: 8
    Solly: 7.5
    Lockyer: 8.5
    Sarr: 7.5
    Gallagher: 9
    Leko: 7.5