Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent appreciation thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Quoted from the OS- (with a little mist in my eye)

"The fans have been tremendous to me, and I will always have a special place for them in my heart.

"Anyone who knows me and the people who have seen me play in the last two seasons will know that I always fought tooth and nail for the cause.

"I saw Richard Murray's comments, and it was nice for the chairman to say I was a model professional and praise my efforts.

"I appreciate everything he did for me and everything the people at the club did in making me welcome from the day I got there. To leave is a sad occasion."

The best thing is that we know he means it!
  • Options
    Thanks Darren for two blinding seasons, I can safely say it was an absolute pleasure watching a player of such total classand absolute quality (on and off the field) in The Red Shirt.

The best Charlton striker i'll seen in my lifetime? I hope not, I intend to be around for a while yet (!) but if I never see a better one then at least I saw him.

No matter where he plays in the future I will always wish him well and will be proud of the fact that he was once a Charlton player and my kids and I sung his name.

Good luck Dazza!
  • Options
    DARREN BENT BENT BENT
    DARREN BENT BENT BENT
    DARREN BENT BENT BENT
    DARREN BENT BENT BENT
    DARREN BENT BENT BENT

Thanks for everything, your a Charlton legend in my eyes. Cant ask more from a player that always gave 100% even when injured. We'd be in a dire state if it wasn't for you and those great great goals.

All the best Dazzle, you deserve it!
  • Options
    TOP MAN .'Nough said
  • Options
    A credit to himself and the Club.

He will be remembered with affection and, given that he scored consistently at the highest level, is probably the best Charlton striker I've seen since 1963.

I wish him all the best and maybe he'll come back one day.
  • Options
    The best charlton stiker i've seen since 1964.
  • Options
    fantastic player, fantastic bloke and one footballer who i wouldn't begrudge any amount of money for - genuine class
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Good luck in your new job Darren, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

Not only did you have more ability on the pitch than those around you, you had more class off it as well.

Cheers for the goals, the workrate and knowing how to handle yourself properly in the press.

You'll be missed.

Absolutely spot on - a truly class act. Good luck Daz.
  • Options
    Well Im hungover like a wolf this morning and quite frankly feeling a little bit emotional reading these....

Cheers darren youa top bloke, I get a thumbs up from him in the reception area when I was dropping something off after the tottenham game... still amazes me that he didnt get a run in the england team around that time...

top bloke.... good luck dont let those flippin spurs push you around... take you chance and push on...

good luck mate...
  • Options
    no charlton player has ever made me so proud to be a charlton fan. he epitomised what we stand for.

good luck and well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what a man.
  • Options
    Good luck dazza, dont think you will need it though!
    have a little chat to JD!
  • Options
    Top bloke...refreshing to see such a fine young man. Never threw his toys out of the pram playing on a shyte team with no service....Good Luck and hope you become an England regular which you should have been with us....
  • Options
    The very best of British luck to you Darren your are a star and deserve to become a superstar. Will miss seeing your family at away games. Ipswich must be very happy too with their windfall. If only Parker had conducted himself in the selfless way you have
  • Options
    Godd luck Darren
    Best cahrltom striker ive ever seen.. I will always remember your goal against everton away Great momenttt
    Thanks for all the memories and all the goals .
  • Options
    Top class player and man. When he bangs in the goals for the Spuds and takes his place in the England team he will be lauded. How do I think he would react to that? With a level head and more hard work.

Best of luck Darren, a absolute privilege sir.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Top class player and man. When he bangs in the goals for the Spuds and takes his place in the England team he will be lauded. How do I think he would react to that? With a level head and more hard work.

Best of luck Darren, a absolute privilege sir.

seconded sco exactly right mate!
  • Options
    Darren
    You are a dying breed
    An absolutely cracking footballer, who keeps himself to himself, and just does what he's paid to do. And does so with all his heart and soul and a huge amount of pride and dignity.
    You will always hold a very special place in our hearts and whenever you come back, you'll get a standing ovation from me.
    Our Dad thought you were really something, so pleased he last saw you still in a Charlton shirt.
    All the very best fella
    x
  • Options
    Agree with AFKA at top of board.........Class on and off the pitch. Good luck Dazza
  • Options
    Class act, class bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to agree with it all.

His goals were invaluable but what won me over even more was the work rate and the way he has conducted himself from the day he arrived to his touching interview as he left.

You generally only find players who combine his ability, class and attitude at the elite clubs - I feel priviliged that he was a Charlton player for the time that he was.

All the best Darren.
  • Options
    Immaculate bloke both on and off the pitch. I believe that if we truely did not want to sell him at any price he would have stayed, knuckled down and got on with it.(there aren't too many you can say that about) I really wish him well. I hope he fulfills his potential at Spurs and its to Englands advantage.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hi Darren

In 8/9 years time when you have won it all, come back eh?! Finish your carreer at the Valley you know you should

Regards

and thanks for the last 2 years.