Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why do people wear hats indoors?

My brother bought me a guitar, for my 65th birthday, Nice!

I’ve downloaded an App I’ve been learning from called ‘Justin Guitar’ and of course he always has a flat cap on.

I guess he could be bald and uncomfortable with the empty space on top of his head?

Or is it simply as a musician it comes as part of the essential attire but honestly is it really necessary to wear indoors?

I’ve noticed other musicians do the same.

Just wondering if anyone on here wears a hat indoors or even to bed and why?

Comments

• edited October 2019
    Hat wearing men often do this to keep their head warm and also to cover up baldness.
    Boy George started wearing big hats when his hair fell out.
    Keith Lemon has been wearing similar large hats in the last few years.
    Guess what, he took it off yesterday and he is receding badly.
  • Big pet hate of mine this one, if I wasn't so feeble I'd sort the lot of em out. 
  • Weak ceilings.
  • If you can’t fight. Wear a big hat.
  • My brother bought me a guitar, for my 65th birthday, Nice!

I’ve downloaded an App I’ve been learning from called ‘Justin Guitar’ and of course he always has a flat cap on.

i guess he could be bald and uncomfortable with the empty space on top of his head?

Or is it simply as a musician it comes as part of the essential attire but honestly is it really necessary to wear indoors?

Justin is not a name.
  • Another twist on this is, why do most American men wear baseball caps?
  • Hat in the car always makes me laugh. 
  • Bald. Cold. 
  • Sponsored links:

i guess he could be bald and uncomfortable with the empty space on top of his head?

Justin is not a name.
    It is if you’ve only got a small knob!
  • Another twist on this is, why do most American men wear baseball caps?
    I don’t think it’s only Yanks, plenty in this country do!
  • edited October 2019
    Hat wearing men often do this to keep their head warm and also to cover up baldness.
    Indoors?

Surely a man's home is his castle and no need to cover up baldness, unless the wife and kids are constantly referring to him as knob head.

• Hat wearing men often do this to keep their head warm and also to cover up baldness.
    Indoors?

Surely a man's home is his castle and no need to cover up baldness, unless the wife and kids are constantly referring to him as knob head.

Certainly in TV studios (which are not outdoors).
  • Hat in the car always makes me laugh. 
    I think the younger ones who wear hoodies in the car with the hood up are weird, unless some on here do it  :)
  • Ultra orthodox jews wear a hat all the time .. how do they manage to wash their hair ?
    https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/kippot-hats-and-head-coverings-a-traditionalist-view/

• Saves putting on the heating!
  • Andy Capp was never seen without his titfer
  • My mum always went to answer the door wearing her hat. She said if it's somebody you don't like, you're just going out, if it's somebody you do like, then you've just come in.
    If it was someone she didn't like, did she then have to leave her house and walk off with them?
  • Sponsored links:

• People who wear sunglasses indoors, especially at night.

WTF
    (isn't that what the Millennials write?)

I guess he could be bald and uncomfortable with the empty space on top of his head?

How are you getting on learning with Justin Guitar? I was also using it but have struggled to find time to practice the past couple of months or so?
  • Elvis Costello always wears a hat these days.  
  • edited October 2019
    Old geezer in my hotel last week wore his sunhat in the dining room and bar every night paired with a different country's rugby top. In fact his face was as red as a beetroot so I assume he only took if off once he got outside. The twat. 
  • My wife can remember her grandmother putting on a hat to answer the door.  It was considered in those days - gosh it must have been 1930s or before - a form of politeness.  Much the same as a man doffing his hat to a lady.
  • Tom Jones insists his conquests keep their hat on. 
  • Don't wear a hat indoors.  It's one of the simple rules.  

Like never wearing brown shoes in town.  Or with a navy suit. 

Or doing up all the buttons on a waistcoat.  Or having the point of a tie below the waistband.  Or doing up more than one button on a suit jacket.   
  • Pringle said:
    Elvis Costello always wears a hat these days.  
    But is it indoors!!!!!
  • Pringle said:
    Tom Jones insists his conquests keep their hat on. 
    Not Tom Jones but Mr Joe Cocker and a very good tune 
    https://youtu.be/kDR2fXoHdQw