Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stabbing in Barnehurst today

a 20 year old was stabbed in the chest by a 17 year old in a street fight this afternoon!! The victim has died in hospital and the youngster is facing a murder charge 

Comments

• Said it on the general things thread. Fucking sad. 
  • Spent the day at my parents who live in Barnehurst. Left there about 8pm and Merewood Road was tapped off and police parked up. Parents have lived there 35 years, grim.
  • Said to @kellycafc the other day, America may have a gun problem but we have a serious knife problem
  • When will this end... Only time I carry a knife is to open a tin of paint... Why do these youngsters need too... Some of the excuses are pathetic like he dis respected me cos he gave me a dirty look... Hope they get a proper life sentence not a few years as usual. 
  • edited October 2019
    You’ve got to be some sort of spineless to carry a knife.
    dont know if related but haven’t been able to get out of my road for the last 3 hours due to a police car blocking end of road 
  • Yeah drove past this today, they’ve arrested a 17 year old. The most cowardly act, these blokes who reckon they’re hard but they’re so scared of getting punched that they carry a knife and pull it out If it does kick off. Berks. 
  • Anyone see the thing from a week or so ago about knives being hidden in combs seriously WTF
  • Erm, wasn't that a 1950s thing?
  • Where do you live palarsehater?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    Where do you live palarsehater?
    On corner of martens close in martens ave 

the apparent reason for the stabbing was a drug deal gone wrong and they believe it may of taken place in martens close. 

We had police taping that close off Sunday 4pm until 6.15pm last night 
  • Rudders22 said:

the apparent reason for the stabbing was a drug deal gone wrong and they believe it may of taken place in martens close. 

Have you got one of the maisonettes?  I looked at buying one of them a while ago before I was married as it was round the corner from my parents in Park Grove, who have now since moved.
  • I'm on parkside avenue, the park end. Heard the helicopter and sirens but didn't think it would end up being this.
  • My poor grandmother in law lives on Eversley Av near to Beechcroft and it shook her up a bit
  • Who the hell would have imagined this sort of thing happening in Barnehurst ? How times have changed.
  • I drive through Barnehurst regularly and can't help but notice a Charlton flag that hangs in a window in Hampton House, the little block of flats next to the The Pharmacy Hut.

Also, anyone that knows the area well would, I'd like to think, have seen something like this coming, especially more towards the North Heath end. It's nose-diving, fast.

• What puzzles me is why a 20 year old was getting involved with a 16 year old in the first place?
    Especially given the images that were on the Newsshopper looked like some sort of road rage incident had taken place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can give you one clue.. 
    Columbian. 
  • The name of the 16 year old has been leaked and he's renowned as being a proper horrible little bastard.
  • iamdan said:
    Can give you one clue.. 
    Columbian. 
    Well yeah, that was the conclusion I was coming to and was going to suggest that but thought probably best not to speculate.

• JohnBoyUK said:
    iamdan said:
    Can give you one clue.. 
    Columbian. 
    Well yeah, that was the conclusion I was coming to and was going to suggest that but thought probably best not to speculate.

His family and friends are profusely denying this on social media. As you say though, best not to speculate at all.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Rudders22 said:

Have you got one of the maisonettes?  I looked at buying one of them a while ago before I was married as it was round the corner from my parents in Park Grove, who have now since moved.
    i literally live opposite the park in the semi detached houses, its a nice area until last couple of years loads of scummy teens dealing and hanging around also drink in the park etc
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Rudders22 said:

i literally live opposite the park in the semi detached houses, its a nice area until last couple of years loads of scummy teens dealing and hanging around also drink in the park etc
    I must have walked past your house every day for a good few years then on my way to Barnehurst Station before I got brave enough to walk through the park in the dark lol.
  • About 45 years ago I used to walk to Barnehurst station every day. I used to live on Pinnacle Hill, Bexleyheath, and I always thought the area was the most boring place on earth. How times change! Unbelievable!
  • For those interested, the victim was a Charlton fan.
  • Every rumour I’ve heard has been that it was a road rage incident, haven’t heard one thing of it being drug related at all