Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bryan Hughes to Hull

I think he would have been ok for us in the CCC but maybe his wage demands were too high? Not that Hull can pay much more I wouldn't have thought

Comments

• Options
    we're not playing a midfield next year 7-0-3 formation
  • Options
    Reports say he's on a three year contract. Very good for a 31 year old.
    Thought he could have done a job for us but onwards and upwards
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we're not playing a midfield next year 7-0-3 formation

Signed a midfielder yesterday. Ohh aah

So we have Holland, Reid, Ambrose, Thomas, Christensian (sp), Sam, Faye, Arter and Wright plus we have been linked in the press with Mullins and Song and Guinness addick mentioned Scott Sinclair.

Plus Gibbs could do a job in midfield I'm sure : - 0
  • Options
    FAYE he isn't a footballer let alone a bloodymidfielder
  • Options
    Can't we play Magic in midfield?

He looks a bit unsure at the back.
  • Options
    Thanks for making our club better. Quality on and off the pitch... err... sorry wrong thread ;-)
  • Options
    Just joking. Thought Hughes was a decent pro for us. All the best in Hull.
  • Options
    Hughes is a bits and pieces squad player. He will 'do a job' but he isn't the type of player that will take us forward. I also suspect arriving on a free he was on a decent wage.

Right decision in my book. He still wouldn't of got 1st team football here.
  • Options
    that last minute winner against villa last season, when he launched himself at the ball, was one of the top loops of the season ....but you know we've gone down hill when we're saying will miss an average player like him or kish
  • Options
    he turned down PL clubs to join Hull. Who ?? I can't think of any, Derby excepted, who'd have wanted him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]he turned down PL clubs to join Hull. Who ?? I can't think of any, Derby excepted, who'd have wanted him.

A move back to Brum maybe?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]he turned down PL clubs to join Hull. Who ?? I can't think of any, Derby excepted, who'd have wanted him.

I think they were referring to the Ryman Premier League
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm glad he's gone.

Bryan Hughes summed up everything that was wrong down The Valley.

Nice bloke, nice player, games passed him by, not nasty enough and overpaid for his level of talent.

The fact only 14 people bothered to reply to this thread summed him up! You never knew he was on the pitch half the time.

Shocked he's got a 3 year contract. His agent is clearly more aggressive than him!

Does this mean we will be getting Claus back?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]that last minute winner against villa last season, when he launched himself at the ball, was one of the top loops of the season

yeah ooooh aaaaah nearly as good as the loop when borat struck that free kick against Blackburn. I was on the steps next to kettere carter carlsburg and kets arsenal mate, and that was a loop all over the steps, hugging strangers et al!