Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Davison - Sold to Wimbledon (pg 13)

Comments

• Options
    Don’t think he was ever good enough for a team looking to get out the championship. But think AFC Wimbledon have got a very decent player at the level there, and he’s still going to develop loads.
    I don’t know, he helped us get out of the Championship pretty sharpish…
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Don’t think he was ever good enough for a team looking to get out the championship. But think AFC Wimbledon have got a very decent player at the level there, and he’s still going to develop loads.
    I don’t know, he helped us get out of the Championship pretty sharpish…
    Darn it I meant League One! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He had games in the championship where he looked decent enough (1 or 2) but seriously regressed under Jackson & Adkins. 
    The game in the Championship at home against West Brom, who got promoted that year, showed that Davison had enough to make it at that level. He gave their defenders a real battering.
    His lack of development since then is more a reflection of Charlton than the player.
  • Options
    Good move for Josh, hope he does the business for Jacko, who will no doubt know his strengths and limitations. I feel in a passing team that creates chances, Josh will bag! Not good enough for us unfortunately, hope we have someone lined up. 
  • Options
    Good luck Josh. Right move for both parties. There’s a decent League 1 level player in there with a bit more development but needs to be playing games and League 2 about his level right now I think. Interesting that Garner who had him on loan last season doesn’t want him, but Jacko who sent him out on loan has now signed him for his new club.
  • Options
    Have a feeling that he’s going to thrive in L2. Just hope we managed to negotiate a good sell on fee for when he’s sold for £m’s. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wish jd all the best - fwiw, my swindon mate's view on him is the same as most on here - hard working player but lacks quality - not entirely convinced by some of jacko's transfer business to date i must say   
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    wish jd all the best - fwiw, my swindon mate's view on him is the same as most on here - hard working player but lacks quality - not entirely convinced by some of jacko's transfer business to date i must say   
    To be fair, I think he’s having to shop in the bargain basement.
  • Options
    The club took the risk of taking up the option on JD to get Tucker.

That didn't come off 
    Can you explain? How are they connected?
  • Options
    The club took the risk of taking up the option on JD to get Tucker.

That didn't come off 
    Can you explain? How are they connected?
    We were chasing Tucker. Gills fancied Davison so we hoped to do a money plus player swap but that didn't work out.

Source @swisdom on CL. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    To be fair, I think he’s having to shop in the bargain basement.
    agreed, but my statement still stands based on gunter and davison
  • Options
    Good luck to the him, whatever anyone thinks of his ability I don't think anyone can question the work ethic. I didn't think he was actually that bad, was still developing.

I just hope that we are getting another striker in, as I'd rather have Davidson as an extra option than no extra option!
  • Options
    The point is, no amount of goals this year will convince me he was good enough for us this year, on that logic, it’s an excellent decision all round.
  • Options
    Good luck but it might suit him well to chop that ponytail off I'd say. Bit like wearing white boots in the 90s!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to Josh. With Washington and JD gone, you’d think we’ll get a couple of strikers/forwards/wingers now. Stockton and a Prem loan would be decent. 
  • Options
    Wish him well, always tried his hardest but ultimately not good enough for where we want to be.
  • Options
    All the best josh, if he can improve his finishing he can be a very good player at league 1 / league 2 , think he will be a good player in the future, but he’s not right for what we need right now.

Surely must have another forward incoming letting him and Washy go without a replacement would be daft.

Hope we’ve got a sell on clause, if he does come good!

• Options
    edited July 2022
    What's Andy delort up to these days?
  • Options
    What's Andy delort up to these days?
    Banging them in at Nice. Ended up having a decent career has our Andy. 
  • Options
    Good luck Josh, lets hope he goes on to be a Joe Piggott or similar.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited July 2022
    Yes. All been said on here. Seems a good lad and all that but just not good enough for us. And I think he’ll never get to that level so I highly doubt he’ll be coming back to haunt us. 
    I think we could very well be seeing a striker coming in by the end of the week.