Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Davison - Sold to Wimbledon (pg 13)

Comments

• Options
    Has to start on Tuesday. He’s earned it.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Has to start on Tuesday. He’s earned it.
    I like Josh but I think I’d start DJ, Leko and CBT up front 
  • Options
    He's definitely come on this season, to the extent where it's no longer a "wildcard" suggestion to see his as a genuine alternative to Stockley. Especially the way we're playing doesn't suit Stockley's game
  • Options
    He's definitely come on this season, to the extent where it's no longer a "wildcard" suggestion to see his as a genuine alternative to Stockley. Especially the way we're playing doesn't suit Stockley's game
    If you don't get crosses in Stockley is not really a great option.
  • Options
    Turning into a rare bright spot in a miserable season.

Am i right in thinking he's out of contract next summer? I think we should probably get him tied down soon as if he continues to play and do well, we'll be losing another youngster for free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    One pleasure of watching below first team level (when the club can be bothered to allow it) is seeing players coming through.
    I want to repeat that Josh is almost the definition of a good lad, and he usually puts in the effort of two players.
    He is not a sensation as such but great to watch.
    I am sorry Nige, but his emergence is not down to you unless you count the miscalculations over Stockley as your achievement, opening the door to Josh.
    One name not mentioned recently is Morgan, can we be much worse with him in the team? If we’re destined to be crap I would rather it was our crap than expensive mercenaries like Watson and Gunter and Arter.
  • Options
    Yeah I know Arter started here, but he is still an expensive mercenary.
  • Options
    We have been crap with Morgan and allowed him to be crap too. I sadly feel the tone of his season was set by those awful hoofs v Sheff W in the first game of season.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I hold my hands up to writing him off pre season. He's come in and done a fantastic job. Levels of effort that, as a fan, you love to see. 
    I think he's surprised everyone... Did great at first with Woking but then struggled with Forest Green.
  • Options
    Josh Davisooon
    Josh Davisooon..
  • Options
    Football is about taking chances. Am I Davidson biggest fan, not at all. However, two goals in two games when he got himself in between the goal frame and put away his chances. The way he attempted that shot which hit the post at 1-1 shows hes playing with confidence (Probably the one on the pitch). 

Fair play to him for taking his chance. Rightfully will get another chance against Fleetwood to keep up his good form.

• Options
    I know he has scored a few recently but i remain unconvinced.  He certainly isn't a number one striker for a team serious about promotion from L1.  Willing runner from the bench, but we have no one better and I commend his effort and determination.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has to be a starter over Stockley whilst he’s playing the way he has been. He’ll only get better too. 
  • Options
    Play him, encourage him, let him develop further.
    Josh when played right up front is never confused about what his job entails.
    Honest lad, kudos to him for his focus. 
  • Options
    Just DO NOT sell him during the January window
  • Options
    I know he has scored a few recently but i remain unconvinced.  He certainly isn't a number one striker for a team serious about promotion from L1.  Willing runner from the bench, but we have no one better and I commend his effort and determination.
    Give Davison a chance.

No prizes for guessing he's not the finished article. But come on, he's lean, mean and hungry and he's scored 4 goals in senior competitions already this season.
    Look at his movement, tenacity and defending from the front - plus he's shown the anticipation to get himself in the right place at the right time with 2 goals in 2 games.

Who else on our books is doing that?

• Options
    We are not a team serious about promotion
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafc4life said:
    felt sorry for him last night, worked hard, should have scored another. Washington could do with looking at his work rate.
     Washington? Really? He's the player you call out for effort? The guy puts in a shift every game. 
    He didn’t last night. One point we had a throw in line with the edge of the area and Washington stood and watched , like his feet were glued to the grass. He’d only been on ten minutes 
  • Options
    Davis-son or Da-vison? 

I don't know why this should even be a question; Should be Davis-son to me, but I keep hearing Da-vison. 
  • Options
    He's far leaner and quicker this season, which is making a big difference.
    He was arguably our best player last night and undoubtedly looked like he wanted to win more than the rest.