Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer for England

OK this is probably a little far fetched but I wonder if we might be seeing a future England manager in Lee.
He is displaying tactical nous. He understands players and they get him and most importantly they want  to play for him and give him everything.
I expect he would rather be fishing though.  

Comments

• He’s too busy getting us  into the premier league, and Europe before worrying about England.
  • He’s too busy getting us  into the premier league, and Europe before worrying about England.
    Well I wasn’t thinking about tomorrow. He would clearly have to have premier league experience and much that I would love it I doubt that it will be with us.
    If he has the desire I think he could move on to bigger things.
  • The Rugby team?
  • Too much baggage I would expect 
  • raddickle said:
    OK this is probably a little far fetched but I wonder if we might be seeing a future England manager in Lee.
    He is displaying tactical nous. He understands players and they get him and most importantly they want  to play for him and give him everything.
    I expect he would rather be fishing though.  
    About as much chance as swimming across The English Channel in a crombie overcoat.
  • I can’t see him getting along with the FA!
    Absolutely. You're talking about someone who has failed a drug test, and has been subject to criminal charges!

The FA wouldn't touch him if he was the last coach on earth.
    If in ten years time LB is considered to be one of the best english managers and has won trophies/qualified for europe regularly then the FA would be all over him claiming he's a true english football success story. the FA is a gaggle of bent liars and thieves.
  • Eddie Howe will be an England manager in the future, Bowyer won't be
  • Sponsored links:

• Lee is here to stay. 
    If he gets an owner that backs him with (not even serious) dosh, then he will be here for a long time, enough to build something in his mould - he loves Charlton.
  • Look... He's a footballing god ... clearly ... this is the beginning... 
  • Bowyer for charlton 
    Absolutely. You're talking about someone who has failed a drug test, and has been subject to criminal charges!

If in ten years time LB is considered to be one of the best english managers and has won trophies/qualified for europe regularly then the FA would be all over him claiming he's a true english football success story. the FA is a gaggle of bent liars and thieves.
    You say that about winning trophies/qualified for Europe etc.
    But Southgate hasn't got that CV and he has the job right now.
    So think that part doesn't matter to the FA, it's just the case who is available at the time.

Sounds like he's well qualified to be the Prime Minister!

I agree although how long ago was the drug test and criminal charges? All irrelevant now as far as i'm concerned, Bowyer's a different person now.

I agree although how long ago was the drug test and criminal charges? All irrelevant now as far as i'm concerned, Bowyer's a different person now.
    Well, there is a view within discussions about personhood that holds we are not the same person as we were in the past. The main weakness of the view is when responsibility is introduced. If Johnny kills somebody today, is the different person that he is going to be tomorrow liable to be punished for the act? When is the cut off?
  • The cut off is in people's heads. A few people I know have come up to me and said, what is it like to have a racist manager. I defend Bowyer as I can tell the man he is now isn't a racist, but he has that label, unfairly or not, and that is why he will never get the England job. If we can keep him, maybe with a new owner, that may work in our favour in a few years.
  • He’ll do a Brian Clough. He’ll win the Champions League with us but his face won’t fit. Instead the likes of Lampard, Gerrard and Gary Neville will get a chance and each do a mediocre job.
  • Can't see that  he will ever get near the England job because of his youthful misdemeanors. When he first re-joined Charlton a couple of years ago, there were quite few people on this forum who opined that they didn't want him anywhere near the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The cut off is in people's heads. A few people I know have come up to me and said, what is it like to have a racist manager. I defend Bowyer as I can tell the man he is now isn't a racist, but he has that label, unfairly or not, and that is why he will never get the England job. If we can keep him, maybe with a new owner, that may work in our favour in a few years.
    I'm sure loads of people have said racist things in their youth and changed since then. It's pretty stupid if people aren't allowed to change.
  • I agree - but it is what people are like. I find it irritating when they say that beacuse it is unfair. It is clear Bowyer is a great young manager and not racist at all. But it is the society we live in. People can easily be tarred. It is a laziness but we are all to blame for not really making an effort to interrogate whether throw away accsuations like that are true or not.