Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pensioner!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Best thing for me was getting my freedom pass, I don't drive. I use it on buses trains and DLR and travel about quite a bit.
    Same here.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    Going in to Walkabout in Plymouth - and some Millennial behind the bar won't serve me because I haven't got ID.
    I'm 64, for chrissakes!
    But you are a young 64 
    "Oggy Red"
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Going in to Walkabout in Plymouth - and some Millennial behind the bar won't serve me because I haven't got ID.
    I'm 64, for chrissakes!
    But you are a young 64 
    "Oggy Red"
    Haha, Ray ...... you ain't seen what I look like first thing in the morning, before I've had my coffee fix.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I'm 64, for chrissakes!
    Maybe they just thought you looked like trouble :joy:
  • Options
    I'm 60 in a week or so and happily applied for my 60+ Oyster card. Free bus travel and free train travel after 9:30 and at weekends. Getting older has its benefits
  • Options
    I used to call them old age pensioners until I became one myself. Now we are pensioners.
  • Options
    i got a concession into a game on one of the visits to Dundee the other year much to the amusement of some lurkers on here.

no longer am i the Blonde Bomber now the Grey Ghost
  • Options
    I used to call them old age pensioners until I became one myself. Now we are pensioners.
    Recycled teenagers. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Addickted said:
    Getting called "young man" at least twice a day is one of the benefits of doing some charity work with the elderly.
    What like this, young man?

https://youtu.be/7Nk9vSx7nE0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now referred to as the 3rd Generation.
  • Options
    Don't be buying a concession ticket at The Valley will you.... you'll be asked for ID at the gate lol
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Earlier this year,  whilst staying in a CAREHOME for work in Scarborough, I got into a discussion with one of hotel workers who was telling me the hotel had changed hands as was now run by Malaysians and he was concerned about how they would treat the hotel staff. I replied that having worked in Malaysia he would find them very nice people. He replied oh that's good, were you out there with the British RAJ!! When I looked at him very indignantly and said how old do you think I am, he apologised and said "Was it during 2nd world war?' and he was being bloody serious!!! Sodding cheeky bastard!!
    The feckin truth hurts pal. ;)
  • Options
    I hate it when I ask for an OAP ticket and the little feckers don't even take a second glance!