Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Bristol City v Charlton (closes Thursday teatime)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Watched on Sky red button.

Phillips: 8.0
    Oshilaja: 7.5
    Lockyer: 7.0
    Pearce: 8.0
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5
    Field: 7.5 Shame he had to go off. Thought he looked good.
    Gallagher: 7.0 Not his most influential. Tired a bit at the end?
    Cullen: 7.5 Usual busy self
    Kayal: 6.5 Some useful touches. Let's hope he gets sharper and more influential with more game time.
    Leko:  6.5. Usual comment. Hard working and frustrating in equal measure. When will he finally learn to play the simple pass?
    Bonne: 7.5 Looking better with every game. Have they unearthed a real bargain here.
    Pratley: 7.5
    Solly: 6.5
    Referee: 7.0

Aneke: n/a
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    On sky 

Phillips: 8.5 felt be punched a couple of times could of caught it but made some excellent saves to keep us in it and couldn’t do too much about either goal
    Oshilaja: 8 thought he was pretty solid rarely beaten n done well 
    Lockyer: 8 couple of wayward passes unusual for him but done well
    Pearce: solid 
    Forster-Caskey: 7 shame injury forced him off although caught out of position once was doing well in their half 
    Field: 7 was very composed on ball and looked excellent until injury 
    Gallagher: 8 not his Best But only cos of such high standards couple of things he done was superb
    Cullen: 8 broke up a lot as per 
    Kayal: 8 excellent full debut I felt 
    Leko: 6 want to love this guy but so so frustrating 
    Bonne: 8.5 my motm was excellent holding up play with not much support and took goal extremely well could of had hat trick on another evening 
    Pratley: 8 guy looks 10 years younger than old Pratley how diff game could of been if his shot went in
    Solly: 7 done ok out of position 
    Referee 5 too many cards and was Lino who spotted red card incident and ref failed to give a foul on Pearce in lead up to their winner
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Some of the marks on here are harsh, purely because we lost. Overall I think it was a very good performance.

Phillips: 8 Some great saves and good time wasting when the boys were flagging. Not at fault for either goal.
    Oshilaja: 8 Thought he dominated his wing. Great return into the side
    Lockyer: 7 An increasingly solid CB
    Pearce: 7 Animal. I really don't know why opposition players try and scrap with him - only ever one winner.
    Forster-Caskey: 7 Unfortunate injury
    Field: 7 Unfortunate injury - had played well up until that point
    Gallagher: 6.5 Looked a bit tired to me. Could have squared to Leko in the 2nd half rather than going for goal himself.
    Cullen: 9 MOM Thought Cullen really had us ticking. He must be incredibly fit.
    Kayal: 7 Probably his best cameo in a Charlton top. Tired as the game went on and became less effective
    Leko: 6.5 Actually put a shift in and contrary to come comments here, he did offload appropiately at times. We had a bit opportunity to break 2nd half and his horrendous touch killed it.
    Bonne: 8 So energetic and some good efforts on goal. Great finish.
    Pratley: 8 Broke up play well when he came on.
    Solly: 7 Solid out of position
  • Options
    At the game

Phillips: 9, a couple of outstanding saves. 

Oshilaja: 7, decent and solid. Comfortable in receiving the ball aswell as distributing. 

Lockyer: 7.5, same old, decent

Pearce: 7.5, love him and Lockyer together

Forster-Caskey: 6, looked a bit too vulnerable, done well enough but the injury was rotten timing. 

Field: 7.5 gutted when he went off, his energy really had us in the driving seat spraying balls around. 

Gallagher: 7, again decent but not his best. I really wish he would stop flinging himself to the floor. 

Cullen: 8.5, superb, the way he ticks a game over is priceless

Kayal: 7, there is a very tidy centre mid in there and he will keep getting better. Skillful and committed. 

Leko: 7, not sure why he is getting absolute pelters on here. He is exciting going forward as a direct threat. Made a few bad decisions but its safe to say most footballers on average do. He tried his hardest over 90 minutes and I don't think he will be asked to do 90 mins alot, as he looked nackered. 

Bonne:9.5 motm, the energy, the never say die attitude, the aerial ability, the finishing..... If he keeps getting the chances he will simply keep scoring. Loves to link play too. 

Pratley: 8 solid, as always. You could see the Bristol City players panicked when they sensed him doing a 10 yard dash. 

Solly: 6.5 not a left bafk

Referee: 7 thought he was OK. Missed a few fouls but I think he did for both sides. 

Aneke: For me, he killed the game. He looked nackered after 5 minutes, so frustrating to see all the others bust their backside and he just stood around doing lazy jogging. It's frustrating as it is the total opposite to when he came on in the Reading away game earlier in the season where he was a massive problem. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Phillips: - 9
    Oshilaja: - 6
    Lockyer: - 7
    Pearce: - 7
    Forster-Caskey: - 6
    Field: - 7
    Gallagher: -7
    Cullen: -8
    Kayal: -7
    Leko: -6
    Bonne: - 6 
    Pratley: - 7
    Solly: - 5
    Referee: - 6

• Options
    At Ashton Gate, on Sky's little red button or a live stream your marks please:

On the red button....

Phillips:   8.5
    Oshilaja:  8
    Lockyer:   8
    Pearce:    8
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    Field:  8
    Gallagher:   7.5
    Cullen:  8
    Kayal:   8
    Leko:   7
    Bonne: 8 5
    Pratley:  8.5
    Solly:   7
    Referee: 

• Options
    Phillips: 9
    Oshilaja: 7
    Lockyer: 7.5
    Pearce: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    Field: 7.5
    Gallagher: 7.5
    Cullen: 8
    Kayal: 7
    Leko: 6.5
    Bonne: 8
    Pratley: 8
    Solly: 7
    Referee: 7
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Phillips: 8 - a number of brilliant saves. could of done a bit better with the second goal but he had little time to react. 
    Oshilaja: 7 - did well. could of got forward a little more but i guess was worried about the counter attack. 
    Lockyer: 7
    Pearce: 6.5 
    Forster-Caskey: 6 out of position on his side a few times in first half. 
    Field: 6.5 
    Gallagher: 6 - seemed out of the game for large parts but did have some flashes of his talent. 
    Cullen: 7.5 - gives his all. 
    Kayal: 5.5 - pass for the goal was good and a couple of runs but gave the ball away on occasions. shame about the booking, seemed to stop any ability to be able to tackle much after that. 
    Leko: 5 - got all the attributes but doesn't know how to use them. 
    Bonne: 7
    Pratley: 7.5 - reads the game brilliantly. 
    Solly: 5.5 - struggled at left back. not able to clear the ball properly when he's on that side. 
    Referee: 6

Aneke: still waiting to see if he can actually play football. seems to have no energy. 
  • Options
    Have seen Aneke’s appearances, bar yesterday’s. People writing him off here is nuts. 
  • Options
    Phillips: 8
    Pearce: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Field: 7
    Gallagher: 7
    Leko: 7
    Pratley: 7
    Solly: 6

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Cullen: 7.5
    Kayal: 8
    Leko: 6
    Bonne: 8.5
    Referee: 6

• Options
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Gallagher: 6
    Kayal: 6
    Pratley: 7
    Referee: 5

• Options
    Phillips: 8.5 
  • Options
    At Ashton Gate, on Sky's little red button or a live stream your marks please:

Phillips: 8.5  MOTM
    Lockyer: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 6.5  Poor Jake, hope it's not out for too long
    Field: 7  We'll miss him
    Gallagher: 7  Quiet night for him
    Kayal: 7  Looking forward to seeing him when he's got a few more games under his belt.
    Leko:  7  Don't understand the grief he gets
    Bonne: 8  Great finish
    Pratley: 8  How can we live without him?
    Solly: 7  Did well (again) on his wrong side. Collective responsibility for the goals conceded, not pinned on Sols
    Referee: 4  Couldn't fail to send off the Brizzle player for putting the boot in on Pearce but apart from that only saw what he wanted to see ... which wasn't good for us. Another typical Linnington performance.

• Options
    Phillips:  8 - some great saves but still punches too often for my liking
    Oshilaja:  7 - looked very solid
    Lockyer:  5 - for once we looked a soft touch second half
    Pearce:  5 - for once we looked a soft touch second half
    Forster-Caskey:  5 - gave the ball away regularly before coming off
    Field:  7 - a very good player and will be missed
    Gallagher:  7 - some sublime skills but also poor decision-making
    Cullen:  7 - always in involved intelligently
    Kayal:  7 - getting fit finally at the right time
    Leko:  6 - don't understand the criticism entirely; movement is very good
    Bonne:  8 - excellent all evening; looks a great buy
    Pratley:  8 - not sure why he didn't start
    Solly:  5 - clearly not a left back - odd not to bring on Sarr instead;
    Referee:  8 - got everything right as far as I could tell.
  • Options
    Sky's Re-Button

Pearce: 7.5
    Referee: 6.5
  • Options
    Sky's Re-Button

Phillips: 9 MOM
  • Options
    At the game

Pearce: 7.5
    Field: 6.5
    Cullen: 7
    Bonne: 7.5
  • Options
    Forster-Caskey: 6 
    Gallagher: 6.5
    Cullen: 7
    Leko: 5

The Aneke sub cost us the game. Put us on the back foot and our shape went completely. He isn't a CAM, or a CF, he is a lump who is no where near the level!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Have seen Aneke’s appearances, bar yesterday’s. People writing him off here is nuts. 
    I would love to know what you think he brings to the team? Aside from a physical presence 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Field: 8
    Gallagher: 7.5
    Kayal: 7.5
  • Options
    stream (though i missed the first 10 minutes, so ignore my marks if that's relevant)

Phillips: 7.5
    Gallagher: 8
    Kayal: 7.5
    Leko: 5.5
    Bonne: 7.5
    Referee: 3

• Options
    At ground. 

Phillips: 8.5 - few v good saves. Punched a bit too much but did well under lots of pressure from wide areas. Not sure if could have done better for second goal. 
    Oshilaja: 7 - did okay, though struggled at times against tricky wingers. Our formation left the full backs overlapped at times but he never gave up. 
    Lockyer: 7 - had a decent game but got pulled out of position for the second goal that led to the gap n defence being exploited. Will hopefully learn a hard lesson. 
    Pearce: 7.5 - solid, never gave up, tired towards the end. 
    Forster-Caskey: 6 - struggled defensively a bit at LWB against good wingers who like to go wide, but didn't let us down. Shame about the injury, was useful going forward on a very wide pitch. 
    Field: 7 - was controlling the midfield from the base of the dìamond until the injury.  One good block. 
    Gallagher: 8.5 - v good performance, deserved a win. He puts in so much effort on and off the ball, making countless tackles. 
    Cullen: 8 - good game, lots of tackles, moved the ball well. Great assist. 
    Kayal: 7 - looked good on the ball and as if he was playing at half the pace and still waltzing around the City midfield. Tired quickly unsurprisingly given lack of games/injuries. 
    Leko: 5.5 - not much came off for him and after 75 min he was spent. Stropped a little bit if he didn't get the pass, but not his fault we lost. 
    Bonne: 8 - good goal, but he does a lot more than that. Really impressed with effort and determination, needs to work on finding the killer pass, which will hopefully come with more time at this level. 
    Pratley: 7.5 - did well when replaced Field. One great effort from distance. 
    Solly: 6 - really hard one for Solly playing at LWB after two injuries that stopped our flow. He never really got to the pace of the game and though he got forward well he struggled to find a cross on his left foot. Couldn't get to the play in time for the second goal, but not really at fault. 
    Referee: 4 - poor. Missed a lot of fouls on us (Gallagher on the touchline???) and heavily influenced by the City bench who were screaming for everything. Let them get away with a lot. And threw the cards round after the red to even things up. Should have booked Gallagher for a dive in the box towards the end. What really pissed me off was he didn't ever penalise City for jumping at the man for every high ball. We should have a clattered a couple of them but we too naive. 

Aneke: n/a 2 - shite. You come on with 15 min left in an AM role, you've had 2 injuries in the first half and the team are absolutely knackered. You're the one sub that can be made to help the team. I know, let's not put any effort in and stand around like a lemon. I can forgive the poor touch, bad passing and no timing, but the lack of effort is inexcusable given what the others had gone through to get to that point in the game. Can see why Bowyer doesn't start him as he can't/ won't/ didn't do the pressing the team needs to win these games. Really disappointed. 
  • Options
    Phillips: 8 - some excellent saves and dealt pretty well with their incessant crosses. Could have caught a couple rather than punching but I’m not going to criticise a safety first approach on a wet night with a greasy ball
    Oshilaja: 7 - did well
    Lockyer: 7 - solid
    Pearce: 7 - defended in his customary manner. My hunch is that their centre forward would be less willing to try and kick Pearcey if he was on his feet 
    Forster-Caskey: 6 - did ok in an unfamiliar position, especially in a more conventional back four
    Field: 7 - looked in good form prior to the injury, both in closing the space and moving the ball well
    Gallagher: 6.5 - flashes of class but looked jaded as the game went on
    Cullen: 8 - another fine performance, both in harrying the opponents and winning the ball and in knitting our play together
    Kayal: 7 - a little uneven at times but he did very well considering it was his first start. Was never going to play the full game
    Leko: 5 - worked hard but lost the ball badly on a couple of occasions and tired noticeably in the second half
    Bonne: 8 - one of our strongest performers on the night. His movement is excellent
    Pratley: 7 - did well and nearly scored a spectacular goal. Let’s hope the aged warrior has enough left in the tank for 90 minutes at WBA. He did well to stop any of our players clunking their cowardly centre-forward after he kicked Pearce repeatedly. No surprise that Johnson asserted that it was not a red - what an absolute pillock. I shall look forward to welcoming him to the Valley on Boxing Day
    Solly: 6.5 - did pretty well on the wrong side
    Referee: 4 - far too card happy and quite how we ended up with 5 bookings is beyond me, especially as he didn’t even speak to the Bristol City bench about their continual histrionics on the touchline.