Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Earnshaw or Collins John ?

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
It's being reported that we are lining up Collins John if our move for Earnie fails. Earnie has a fantastic goalscoring record and is rated at only 3m, Collins John has a good record and would be about 1.5m. Who would you prefer ? Iam assumong as well that as we are targeting another striker that a) Pards has the midfield sorted and that b) Marcus Bent is on his way hopefully.

Comments

• Options
    Earnshaw and Varney wouldn't work in my opinion as they are too similar - so I'd go for John
  • Options
    earnshaw for me... has the important ingredience of pace and i think that collins john is similar in style to iwelumo
  • Options
    Depends.

IF we get Roberts then Earnie, but as Peakie says Varney and Earnie are a bit too similar
  • Options
    Neither for me as don't rate them, but that's just me.
  • Options
    I can see Earnshaw scoring goals at Championship level, and that will be vital for us this season.

Collins john has the potential to be the better player, i'm not too convinced by his attitude and how much he wants it though.
  • Options
    Collins John = MArcus Bent with attitude
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Collins John = MArcus Bent with attitude

doesn't Marcus Bent with attitude = Marcus Bent
  • Options
    Im with Ketman, dont like either.

Earnshaw would probably be better I just dont like the ugly dwarf taffy ****.
  • Options
    That was my point. Keep up...
  • Options
    Are we still being linked with Ellington - I would prefer him to either of the others
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Earnshaw has scored goals wherever he has been - in a decent team he is pretty much going to guarantee 15-20 goals, maybe even more.

I think he would be a good buy - in fact I would go as far as to say I would have Earnshaw plus £13m instead of Darren Bent, I dont think the fall off in goals would be that great. Though I did not see Bent play as often as most of you.

Never been impressed with Collins John.
  • Options
    earnshaw he scores goals at any level

john is pile of cack
  • Options
    Neither of em.
  • Options
    Varney is more of a Andy Hunt type striker, so would compliment both
  • Options
    i just don't think that either of them are particularly good enough for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Varney is more of a Andy Hunt type striker, so would compliment both

When we signed him, he said that he was a similar type of player to D.Bent who liked to play off of defenders shoulders
  • Options
    I agree with Ketman, wouldn't touch either with barge pole.
  • Options
    Not sure that John would like the step down. Earnshaw scored something like 18 league goals last year before getting an injury in February that kept him out for the rest of the season bar the last 2 games so would easily have been the leagues top scorer. I know cos i had a bet on him to finish the leagues top scorer and was gutted!! So Earnie for me
  • Options
    Don't have to worry about Earnshaw, signed
    for derby 3.5m... One down one to go....

Collins John anyone...!
  • Options
    Apart from an absolute cracker against us I can't think of anything that Collins John has done to warrant a fee, let alone us WANTING to sign him.

I can't see us getting rid of Marcus Bent so it won't be a problem
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Earnshaw would probably be better I just dont like the ugly dwarf taffy ****.

lol v good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Varney is more of a Andy Hunt type striker, so would compliment both

When we signed him, he said that he was a similar type of player to D.Bent who liked to play off of defenders shoulders

He does that, but he's also clever enough from what I've seen to drop off and link play up like Hunt would.
  • Options
    I'm torn here, as much as I haven't got a lot of time for Big Bent's attitude and demeanour, I believe Pardew has the presence to get the best out of him, especially in the Championship. Reports of Iwelmu are good, Varney has a lot of potential and Dickson, well he's so raw and unknown he might surprise a few people. Also think Ambrose could do a job just off a striker at a push. So I guess I'm ok with what we've got up front much more concerned about midfield, think Andy Reid is always gonna be injured and Holland will do a job but would like us to get Song.