Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wembley or Carlisle

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Agree with Elfsborg. At the time I couldn’t understand the logic of trying to pick which day we thought promotion would happen and just going to it. My feeling was ‘everyone needs to go there to make sure that we help the boys do the job on the day’.
    We could have won 5-0 and still not gone up. I recall it was a big surprise when our rivals all dropped points that day
    I bet you wish you went!
  • Options
    Carlisle 86 was special for the fact that we did get promoted even tho we were at that shit hole sellout.Got to Carlisle about 9 in the morning and hundreds of Charlton were already there.2012 was different in that we had plenty of games left to get promoted but was a dissapointing turn out?Wembley 98 was fantastic but if you want to get promoted then there is no better way to do it than 2019.
    I treasure all promotions as they have been few and far between but even more enjoyable because of that.COYR
  • Options
    Carlisle 86 was special for the fact that we did get promoted even tho we were at that shit hole sellout.Got to Carlisle about 9 in the morning and hundreds of Charlton were already there.2012 was different in that we had plenty of games left to get promoted but was a dissapointing turn out?Wembley 98 was fantastic but if you want to get promoted then there is no better way to do it than 2019.
    I treasure all promotions as they have been few and far between but even more enjoyable because of that.COYR
    Your final paragraph is why we should have had a lot more at Carlisle than we did.

Carlisle even sung "your support is f****** s***!"
  • Options
    St Andrews 1987 Play Off Final Replay at St Andrews was a sick one but that was to stay in the top flight

Wembley this year was beautiful for its sickness , someone in one of the threads said Bristol Citys equaliser this week evens out Wembley ha ha we gonna lose another 50 games in the last minute to even that out .
    When we beat sunderland on pens in 98 i said we can lose every penalty shootout forever now cos we won the one that mattered !!
  • Options

When we beat sunderland on pens in 98 i said we can lose every penalty shootout forever now cos we won the one that mattered !!
    Me too and I've remembered that every shootout since. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Agree with Elfsborg. At the time I couldn’t understand the logic of trying to pick which day we thought promotion would happen and just going to it. My feeling was ‘everyone needs to go there to make sure that we help the boys do the job on the day’.
    We could have won 5-0 and still not gone up. I recall it was a big surprise when our rivals all dropped points that day
    I bet you wish you went!

Obviously yes, especially when I was at the complete non event at Preston in the best away game...

but you can hardly blame fans for not going all the way to Carlisle, when promotion was unlikely to be clinched that game. It’s a hell of a journey 
  • Options
    ElfsborgAddick said:What 
    Your final paragraph is why we should have had a lot more at Carlisle than we did.

Carlisle even sung "your support is f****** s***!"
    Those who wanted to be there were.
    Me i wasnt paying £100 for the train ticket.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Me too and I've remembered that every shootout since. 
    I think we lost to the Argies in France 98 on penalties soon after 
    but I already knew we’d lose that Cos we’d won at Wembley and I was more than happy with that ! 
  • Options
    Carlisle 86 was brilliant and a top away day.
    Our lot from Eltham and Mottingham met @ 6am outside the old Yorkshire Grey for the long haul day and a coach of our finest Gents.

Can honestly say a brilliant day and to top it back to Blackpool in the evening to carry on our promotion party with loads of other Charlton fans.

I also went in the old 3rd division in 81 where we won 2-1  as know others did who post here and that was brilliant as well!

I did not make the 2012 one and was gutted.

Brilliant days!
  • Options
    Tavern said:
    Carlisle 86 was brilliant and a top away day.
    Our lot from Eltham and Mottingham met @ 6am outside the old Yorkshire Grey for the long haul day and a coach of our finest Gents.

Can honestly say a brilliant day and to top it back to Blackpool in the evening to carry on our promotion party with loads of other Charlton fans.

I also went in the old 3rd division in 81 where we won 2-1  as know others did who post here and that was brilliant as well!

I did not make the 2012 one and was gutted.

Brilliant days!
    Also our coach driver on that day was a top bloke and the other funny thing was when we bumped in to some Carlisle they said they had never seen so many lads in Fila BJ  that was the big thing at the time!lol! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carlisle 3 Wembley 2
    Or more precisely, Carlisle 3, Wembley v Sunderland 2.

No chance of another promotion until we're in the same division as one or other again.  ;)
    Nah...we'll beat Bristol City in the 98th minute at Wembley instead! ;-D
  • Options
    Carlisle for me. Went to loads of games that season whereas last season was during my boycott and I only went to a few aways.The Donny playoff game actually had the better pitch invasion!