Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Museum open AFTER Preston game.

edited October 2019 in General Charlton
With the early kick off making opening before impractical and people saying opening after games would make it easier to visit we're going to be experimenting by opening immediately after the game for an hour.

The museum is in the Covered End and can be accessed via the stairs to the east of that stand. 

There is a lift but it will be being used by supporters with disabilities to leave the stands at the final whistle.

Hope to see a few new faces as well as welcoming back some old ones.

Comments

• Options
    Time travel?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Time travel?
    One for the you know you’re getting old thread ...
  • Options
    Dont you mean Preston Henry?
  • Options
    Dont you mean Preston Henry?
    Yes, white shirts, dark shorts, northern, all the same.
  • Options
    When it's on the OS, as they say
  • Options
    See you there.

We'll have a few signed Patrick Bauer A4 photos on sale in the Museum after the game.

If they're not all snapped up then @charltonnick will sell them on here or eBay in a couple of weeks

• Options
    How much are they?
  • Options
    How much are they?
    Nien pounds?
  • Options
    We had people literally queuing up to get in.

About 40 fans came in so well worth the experiment.

Might have been more but for some stewards and staff in the fans bar saying "what museum?"  Etc

Apologies to anyone who was misdirected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Thanks @NorthheathAddick and @Athletico Charlton

I think we spoke briefly Northheath, sorry but it was a bit busy as you saw.
  • Options
    Just got off the phone to my Mum and Dad who made one of their intermittent trips to the Valley today, and popped in to the museum afterwards. They enjoyed looking round and were very impressed with the mix of exhibits. Well done guys.
  • Options
    Likewise,lift wasn’t working, so after going up to crossbars, no stewards knew anything or how to get to museum, then we were led down by a supervisor only to end up where we started, & once again explaining lift wasn’t working...me,littleun & a friend then followed a whole load of fans up the correct staircase...whoo hoo...

sooo glad we visited,well worth it,so much history that we hear off,but to see it all in its glory is something else,photos of the playoff Trophy just put the icing on the cake,my 9yr old daughter, now wants all the books,to read (I started off with one today), we will be back,she has insisted,so thank you for keeping the spirit of our club in our spiritual home,amazing & it’s appreciated 

GO VISIT THE MUSEUM,you will not be disappointed 
    Love that from your daughter. I started at 9, and that would have been me in that situation.

This museum business is really a beautiful thing