Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer on The Debate

Sky Sports have just said Lee Bowyer is on The Debate tomorrow evening on Sky Sports Football at 22.15

Comments

• Sky Sports have just said Lee Bowyer is on The Debate tomorrow evening on Sky Sports Football at 22.15

That'll be worth watching
  • quite like the programme anyway so will definitely be watching tonight
  • will be recording this
  • For those who dont have SKY

The discussions are quite often added to the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel
  • Anyone watching / watched?
  • edited November 2019
    Anyone watching / watched?

I'm watching.

Charlton not been mentioned yet. Doubt we will.

Mostly just talking about VAR.

Praising klopp and Brendan Rodgers.

Chris wilder too...

It's a prem chat 
  • He's coming across really well though, LLB and Nolan seem genuine and mates too. Didn't realise he'd played 293 times in the Pren. 
  • Just to save anyone an hour.

I wouldn't waste your time watching it.
  • Does LLB mean Bowyer?
    i do hope his middle name is Llewelyn...
  • Fumbluff said:
    Does LLB mean Bowyer?
    i do hope his middle name is Llewelyn...

No , it's Lord Lee Bowyer !
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't usually watch it but sometimes listen to the podcast depending on the topic. It's often too Premiership superficial.Will also watch with Bow there!
  • It’s a good show let down by the fact that they only seem capable of talking about the top Premier League clubs, and debating topics that have been done to death.
  • cafctom said:
    It’s a good show let down by the fact that they only seem capable of talking about the top Premier League clubs, and debating topics that have been done to death.
    So you mean it’s a bad show because they only...
  • cafctom said:
    It’s a good show let down by the fact that they only seem capable of talking about the top Premier League clubs, and debating topics that have been done to death.
    Sounds like it’s worth a watch then 😀
  • Guess it depends what the topic is and what is worth talking about

I've watched the debate when they had a lengthy chat about Bolton / Bury when it was all going on
  • Treading very carefully on the subject of diving which is just as well with Conor Gallagher in our team 
  • cafctom said:
    So you mean it’s a bad show because they only...
    What I meant was that it’s a good format/concept ruined by the repetition of content.

I like the idea of current managers/players talking about big topics within the game that’s are not always intrinsically tied to their own club. 

But that gets very boring when the content is 75% focused on the ‘race for fourth’ nonsense 
  • Basically it was a cliche ridden lot of inane waffle..brightened only by LLB s fetching grey v neck with red banding 
  • The Footballers Football Show used to be better, can't understand why they got rid of it.
  • buckshee said:
    Treading very carefully on the subject of diving which is just as well with Conor Gallagher in our team 
    Explain?
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:
    buckshee said:
    Treading very carefully on the subject of diving which is just as well with Conor Gallagher in our team 
    Explain?
    I’m presuming it’s a reference to Gallaghers awful dive on Sunday where we somehow got a free kick. Not sure he makes a habit out of it though. 
  • Ferryman said:
    The Footballers Football Show used to be better, can't understand why they got rid of it.
    That was a brilliant show.

I suspect they got rid of it because it didn’t appeal to the majority of the ‘top 6’ type fans who just want big discussions about their own teams, rather than the wider philosophy of the sport which applies to everyone 
  • cafctom said:
    Ferryman said:
    The Footballers Football Show used to be better, can't understand why they got rid of it.
    That was a brilliant show.

I suspect they got rid of it because it didn’t appeal to the majority of the ‘top 6’ type fans who just want big discussions about their own teams, rather than the wider philosophy of the sport which applies to everyone 
    Surely Sky could produce an updated version of the Footballers' Football Show that featured all football, especially the lower leagues?

They could put it on Sky Sports Football; those interested in just the Premier League wouldn't venture onto that channel as the top flight has its on dedicated channel.

The FFS used to have a wide variety of interesting guests and topics - although something about Paul Dempsey as a host annoyed me; can't remember who else presented it over the years.
  • Just seen someone tweet saying that the Debate will be discussing the Charlton takeover @ 10:15 tonight
  • Anybody record it? 
  • Looks like its "Not the Top Twenty" podcast that'll be doing it rather than the Debate
  • edited November 2019
    Where do I find this debate programme please...

just read above may start soon...
  • Lee Bowyer was on the debate again... Discussing Man City's ban from Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMBC7YJgoWU