Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Following Charlton from the Gold Coast

Hey guys,

I am new to writing on this message board. I live out on the Gold Coast in Australia. I have been following Charlton mainly from afar down here on the Gold Coast since 2005. It started when I was on holiday in London during your summer of 2005. I managed to get a ticket to Charlton v Wigan in the Premier League and I remember Charlton won 1-0. And that is when I started following them. A week after that game I went back to Australia. But I learned a lot about of the club from the Centenary DVD I bought. Charlton has an amazing history. Sadly I didn't come back to London again for another 6 years. Sadly by then Charlton had gone a couple of leagues but looking like you were hopefully on your way I managed to get a ticket to the Charlton match against Chesterfield when Charlton won 3-1 I think and Charlton won the league. I remember after that game in 2011 I managed to get an autograph on my programme by Chris Powell. He is really nice bloke. A few day later I went to Liverpool to go to the Beatles museum as I have always been a fan of their music. After that I went home to Australia. I was sad to see Charlton not being able to keep up the good work of winning League 1 but back in May I managed to watch the Wembley Final against Sunderland on my laptop and when Patrick Bauer scored that last second winner I was dancing around my apartment. But for you guys at Wembley it must have been so exciting. Anyway I am hoping to come London again maybe in November next year and hope to go to a Charlton game at the Valley then and hopefully a tour of Wembley Stadium.

Anyway do you guys think you can keep the good start Charlton have had to the season up?

CAFC_Gold_Coast

Comments

• Welcome mate, I hope you keep your winning run going on your next trip to The Valley. As for this season I personally think we'll finish mid table.
  • When you are over come and visit us in the CAFC museum.
  • When you are over come and visit us in the CAFC museum.

I will definitely go to the museum if I come round next November.

• Living on the Gold Coast...lucky blighter. 
  • Great story mate and welcome 
  • edited January 2020
    Cant believe the OP now has an extra like despite the fact they admitted on another thread it's made up lol
  • Cant believe the OP now has an extra like despite the fact they admitted on another thread it's made up lol
    I better come clean and tell everyone I am not a 45 year old man, I am actually a Standard Poodle called Cedric.
  • The Centenary DVD was region protected, so can't be viewed on Australian DVD players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cant believe the OP now has an extra like despite the fact they admitted on another thread it's made up lol
    They deserve extra likes if anything
  • Maybe they identify as somebody who lives in the Gold Coast and we cannot deny them their right to do that 
  • Will the real Cold Ghost please stand up , please stand up 
  • Will the real Cold Ghost please stand up , please stand up 
    Cold coast?  Is he from Aberdeen?
  • edited January 2020
    Will the real Cold Ghost please stand up , please stand up 
    The real gold coast is in Africa and  changed its name to Ghana in 1957.

Where as the real Cold ghost was last spotted in Lapland and was thought to be a tourist who fell under a sleigh in 1978.
  • Christ lads we've been catfished
  • Rossman92 said:
    Christ lads we've been catfished
    Four questions for Rossman92 ?

Have you been Charltonized ?

Do you like trains ?

Is the sense of humour different on CL than you would encounter in the US of A ?

WTF is that Dolphin saying to you.

You are one of our own so have a nice day.
  • Rossman92 said:
    Christ lads we've been catfished
    Four questions for Rossman92 ?

Have you been Charltonized ?

Do you like trains ?

Is the sense of humour different on CL than you would encounter in the US of A ?

WTF is that Dolphin saying to you.

You are one of our own so have a nice day.
    1. At this point I'd say yes

2. Grew up on Thomas The Tank Engine, so oddly enough, I've always loved trains lol 

3. Still getting used to the dry wit of you brits, but I find myself laughing way more frequently at British humour. American humor is pretty much just people posting memes

4. It's kissing me on the cheek. Most action I've gotten since my 2nd year of uni  :/
  • I am a bit lost. So that whole intro and strory was just bollox? All that detail just made up? Propa odd