Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Renovation tips

2»

Comments

• Options
    Carter said:
    Also if, as I read, you’re planning on doing the loft then whilst you’re running new cables pipes etc and the mess is happening then it may be worth running it that but further to the loft area so when the conversion happens, there’s a tad less disruption To the rest of the property 
    Like what you've done there, plant the seed, then bounce in with a price to do the electrical work in the future and hey boomba, no chasing out to do ;-)
    Work smart not hard sir 😂
  • Options
    don't get done get Dom
  • Options
    Depending on space, keep your main boiler furthest from bedrooms. A tip i have never forgotten

@orpingtonRED
    Why? Our boiler is in a cupboard in our bedroom.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:
    Depending on space, keep your main boiler furthest from bedrooms. A tip i have never forgotten

@orpingtonRED
    It could explode and you'll look like the singing detective
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

@orpingtonRED
    Purely because of the disturbance factor nothing else. If you have your heating set on a timer for say 5am its not ideal to hear the boiler starting up if its in or near a bedroom. If you are a heavy sleeper its not an issue
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Saga Lout said:

@orpingtonRED
    Purely because of the disturbance factor nothing else. If you have your heating set on a timer for say 5am its not ideal to hear the boiler starting up if its in or near a bedroom. If you are a heavy sleeper its not an issue
    Thanks. Our boiler is very quiet. :smile: