Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City away [8/2/20] Advance train tickets

2»

Comments

• Options
    Any word as to when tickets will be on sale? I imagine within the next week or 10 days...
  • Options
    JAC said:
    Any word as to when tickets will be on sale? I imagine within the next week or 10 days...
    Paying on the day will not be a problem.
  • Options
    JAC said:

I'll arrange for the back door to be left unlocked!
  • Options
    JAC said:
    Perfect, thanks
  • Options
    Few of us going 10:20 up and 17:50 back.  This will be a lot similar to West Brom, big support as we’ve not been for ages, all standing day out that’s been in the diary for many since last June.  Just hope they go straight to general sale like the West Brom game.  Also the added incentive that it’ll be close to a six pointer.  
  • Options
    All booked up 
    looking forward to this one. 6 of us travelling up I think we will take a few up there for this one. Plus a new ground for me.
  • Options
    haven't played them away since 2007 so for a lot of ground botherer's its my 1st chance to tick it off.

10 of us on 10.00am up 18.50 back. 

from football ground guide;

the ground itself

Away fans are housed on one side (towards the Players Tunnel and Main Stand) of the Sharp (South) Stand at one end of the ground, where around 2,800 supporters can be accommodated. This stand is shared with home fans on the other side. At first I was quite perturbed by a large sign advising fans that persistent standing would result in ejection from the ground, however, the facilities and view of the action from this stand are good. The concourse is adequate and there is a large choice of refreshments available such as Wrights Pies, Pasties (£3.20 & £3.10) and Sausage Rolls (£2.60).

The stadium is quite high up in an exposed position and the open corners can mean that a cold wind can whip through the stadium, so bear this in mind, especially in the winter months. I thought the inside of the stadium was quite disappointing being rather bland and lacking character, although I'm sure that this can be developed in time. Listen out though for the Stoke anthem 'Delilah' being sung by the home fans, they can still give a great rendition of that Tom Jones classic song.

If you want to try something a little different then on the canal located behind the Main Stand (look for the semi-circular looking bridge beyond the car park) are two moored barges, one which sells the traditional locally produced Oatcake, whilst the other sells beer. Both are proving very popular on matchdays!

It is also worth bearing mind though that the Stoke fans are passionate about their club and this can make for an intimidating atmosphere, so it is best to keep colours covered around the ground. Don't be surprised if you are kept in after the game, in a fenced off compound to the rear of the away stand, whilst the Stoke fans are allowed to disperse.

pubs for away fans

Next to the stadium is a Holiday Inn and a Harvester Pub/Restaurant that do allow in away fans and has Sky Sports. You can also park at the Harvester itself for a cost of £3. A bit further away on Dennis Viollett Road (off Sir Stanley Matthews Way) is a Power League complex that also has a bar, which also allows in away supporters, shows Sky Sports and you can even park in their car park for £4.50. Further down Sir Stanley Matthews Way (and turning left along Eastern Rise) is the Longton Rugby Club, which has two bars also showing SKY Sports. Parking is also available at £5 a car. It is around a 20 minute walk to the away turnstiles from the Club. Otherwise alcohol is available on the concourses at the back of the away end, in the form of Carlsberg lager (£4.20 pint), Marstons Pedigree Bitter (£4 pint), Cider (£4.20, 500ml bottle) and Smirnoff Ice (£4.20, 275ml bottle), plus small wine bottles and miniature spirits (all £4.30) but queues can be lengthy, especially if there is a big support. 

Darryl Sears informs me; 'Down on the nearby canal there are two canal boats, one called the Boatcake, which mostly sells oatcakes and the other called the Bargain Inn Booze which sells beer and lager, which costs £2 a can or bottle. Both sets of fans were drinking there on the canal path without any problems'. To find these outlets, then with the away entrance behind you, turn right and go past the club store and then go straight across the car park in front of you. At the bottom left point of the car park, you should be able to see a couple of bridges and a pathway going down towards them. The canal is below the second bridge, where there is a pathway down to it.

If arriving by train then Police are normally on hand giving out leaflets and directing fans to either the Terrace Bar on Leek Road, or the Venue Bar (at nearby Staffordshire University). The Terrace Bar is only five minutes walk from the railway station (turn right out of the station entrance, left at the crossroads and the pub is down on the left) and also shows Sky Sports and offers food too. The Venue Bar (or to give it its full name the Leek Road Venue Bar/Verve) can be accessed before reaching the Terrace Bar by turning right off Leek Road (opposite Boughey Road) and walking down the pedestrianised pathway. The Bar is within a small complex further down on the left.  The shuttle bus to the ground (return cost £4 adults) that runs from near the station, also stops at the pub and returns after the game. It leaves for the match around one hour before kick off.

• Options
    How many did Millwall take there last weekend? 

Average pricing. £12 for my 6 year old is steep though. Glad it's going straight to general sale. Should ensure we get an increased allocation early.
  • Options
    I think we will take a similar amount to this as we did to West Brom.  Easy and quick enough to get to from London. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    E_cafc said:
    I think we will take a similar amount to this as we did to West Brom.  Easy and quick enough to get to from London. 
    I dunno, West Brom is easier in that you can get a train/tram to the ground, and trains to Brum tend to be very cheap. More drinking options in Brum too
  • Options
    Bought our train tickets last week.
    Gonna get match tickets tomorrow. 
    Can't wait to see all our new signings alongside our players returning from injury. 
    Going to smash stoke about 6.0.
  • Options
    Had train ticket booked for months. Really looking forward it. Hoping will be a big turnout for this. 
  • Options
    Only 45 mins from me.  Will be there!
  • Options
    New ground for me looking forward to it 
  • Options
    8 of us on the 9am out of London 
  • Options
    Only 10 minutes for me , been waiting for this game 😂
  • Options

All back to yours afterwards for a massive sesh then!  ;)
  • Options

All back to yours afterwards for a massive sesh then!  ;)
    If we win 🤞