Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Cardiff | Sat 23 Nov | 12:30 KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Charlton Athletic v Cardiff City
Sometime this Weekend … 12:30pm Kick-Off
Referee: Darren Bond (Lancashire)

Introduction
Football returns to South East London this Saturday and bring the SKY cameras back with them, with it being a double header of games being shown to the Nation it’s a chance to show once again just what Lee Bowyer is capable of, although with so many managers being replaced that might not be a good thing – This Saturday will see Cardiff City making the trip along the M4 for the first of those televised games!!

The Opposition
Name: Cardiff City (14th) | Manager: Neil Harris
Ground: Cardiff City Stadium

Promotion to the Premier League was certainly a surprise two years ago and was always going to be a struggle for a Neil Warnock who has achieve any form of survival success at England’s top table – It’s a repeat we’ll surely see this coming transfer window yet like many teams; Cardiff knew they needed a Striker if they wanted to survive… Emiliano Sala is a tragedy we’re all familiar with and surely helped confirm relegation for the Bluebirds, having scored 12-goals in nineteen games for Nantes, you’ll always have to wonder if the Argentine could have made the difference for team that were relegated by just two points!!

Life back in the Championship though hasn’t been easy for Warnock, with just the one win in the last six the board decided to act and replaced him with Neil Harris – Despite their struggles; Cardiff are still a strong team and will be difficult against the weekend…

Aden Flint and Sean Morrison combine to make one of the strongest centre-back pairings in the League (although 23-goals conceded, four more than the Addicks may say otherwise) – It’s in attack where the issues remain for the Bluebirds; Joe Ralls is top-scorer with five goals, yet as a midfielder it says it all… Strikers; Danny Ward and Robert Glatzel have a combined six goals between them… Once again it’s clear where our opponents need to strengthen come January, let’s just hope they have better luck this time round!!

Charlton Team News
Quite honestly where to begin!!... Luck seems to walk out on Lee Bowyer around this time of year and with the number of injuries it’s surely easier to discuss the players that we do have available!! – Naby Sarr is of course going to be the main talking point for a few more weeks, vilified in a way that only George Tucudean would know after our last performance

Yet with a lack of midfielders you have to question if Bowyer will once again go with three at the back, one of the few questions to be answered ahead of the team sheet being named is whether we go with Chris Solly or pick Adam Matthews who along with Tom Lockyer will be appearing against the team they each came through at all those years ago – The main news this week was that Albie Morgan has been recalled from his Ebbsfleet loan, with so few players available it’s a real opportunity for the youngster to force his way into the team once again for the second half of the season!!

Phillips
Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr
Matthews | Kayal | Cullen | Gallagher | Purrington
Bonne | Leko

Substitutes Bench: Maynard-Brewer | Solly | Oshilaja | Morgan | Davison | Taylor | Oztumer

Prediction
With so many injuries we’re enter a period where results could well and truly go against us, yet under Bowyer you just feel as though it wont even be that easy for the opposition – Cardiff fans with their new Manager will no doubt be expecting a reaction but sometimes teams can try too hard which’ll hopefully play into our hands

Comments

• 0-2 Bomber Harris off to a flyer.
  • What with all of the injuries, Bowyer and Jacko should consider putting on their boots. Can’t see us getting anything out of this. New manager bounce and all that 
  • Another Sunday game??
  • An extra player on the pitch will certainly help us in this one! ;)ForeverAddickted said:

Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr | Purrington
    Kayal | Cullen | Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Bonne | Leko

Substitutes Bench: Maynard-Brewer | Solly | Oshilaja | Morgan | Davison | Taylor

• Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • An extra player on the pitch will certainly help us in this one! ;)ForeverAddickted said:

Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Sarr | Purrington
    Kayal | Cullen | Gallagher
    Oztumer
    Bonne | Leko

Substitutes Bench: Maynard-Brewer | Solly | Oshilaja | Morgan | Davison | Taylor

Thats what happens when

(1) Your in a rush
    (2) Known for making at least one error a week and are trying to make excuses lol!
  • 2.1 Charlton and we end our millwall jinx by beating Harris 
  • The players need to quickly erase the Millwall match from their minds. as this has the feel of a "must-win" match and we need to be ready.
    Lyle on the bench would be a massive boost, but I expect it will be down to the same guys, minus Pratters, to bounce back. A real test of character and self-belief.
    Hope we are up to the challenge
  • I think this is probably our most important game of the season so far.

Win, and we can hopefully secure some sort of mini-revival or momentum. Lose and we are in a slump: last five games would read W0 D1 L4. Draw... well, that depends on how good or bad we are.

Big game and I hope we're up to the task. Heart says 2-1, head says this is absolutely not a game I want to make a true non-biased prediction on.
  • 2-1 Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• No Oztumer in your squad, @ForeverAddickted?

Great write up as per though mate.
  • We have got this don't worry 2-0 Charlton, Gallagher and Bonne back in the goals.

COYR

• Amid all the injuries, the real bummer for me is Pratley being suspended as this match is made for him. Can’t call this at all.  I don’t think Cardiff much good even with a new manager bounce. But can we field a coherent team that can score goals?  Not expecting a classic. 
  • JaShea99 said:
    Another Sunday game??
    Sometimes you just have to read the first post. :smile:

Saturday 24th November 2019 … 12:30pm Kick-Off

• "Saturday 24th November 2019 … 12:30pm Kick-Off"

Come on, Forever. Sort it out! :smile:
  • Oggy Red said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Another Sunday game??

I did. 24th is Sunday.
  • edited November 2019
    JaShea99 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Another Sunday game??

I did. 24th is Sunday.
    Sorry, I pressed 'send' before I finished writing the post.
    And then instead of editing, I quoted .... and ended with 2 separate halves of what should have been the same post.

See what happens to you when your hair starts to go grey? I got in a real muddle. Duh!

All I meant to do, was to highlight to Forever that the date was wrong - but with a smile.
    The match is on Saturday.

• SISS.... 2-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Hint, nudge :) (winky thingy) 24th Saturday **** spot the error

• Hint, nudge :) (winky thingy) 24th Saturday **** spot the error

Cheers updated!! :)
  • Home game against a misfiring newly relegated team (see Stoke as an example), I expect a win despite the potential 'new boss bounce' from the Taffs.
     We will need to be wary of their wingers Mendez-Laing and Hoilett, and they will be a threat in the air from two big central defenders  Morrison and Flint, and misfiring striker Madine, if he is selected.
    We need players back from injury a s a p (easier hoped for than done it seems)

CAFC 2 v Cardiff City 0
  • Not so confident on this one. We are still struggling with injuries and Cardiff will have the new manager bounce. 0-1 them, boring game. Lee will say we should have won it afterwards
  • The slide continues...   0-2
  • Think the break would have refreshed us somewhat, 2-0 to reach the very respectable 25 point mark. 
  • Win, but by how many? 4-1
  • PaddyP17 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Another Sunday game??

I did. 24th is Sunday.
    Okay so here's something really useful you can do, it's really cool and serves as a fun alternative to commenting "Another Sunday game??" - bear with me, there's a few steps here:

1) Use https://www.google.co.uk/ to search for "Charlton Athletic fixtures".

2) Look at the date and time of the fixture listed. In this case, it's listed as taking place on Saturday 23rd November at 12.30pm:

3) Then you can write a helpful comment such as "Hey ForeverAddickted, great preview as always, just a heads up that you have the wrong date mate! Cheers."

Hope this helps and that you've had a lot of fun! Thanks for reading and if you need any further help let me know! 

Paddy
    Yeah but if I started that I’d find it hard to stop.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Another Sunday game??

I did. 24th is Sunday.
    Okay so here's something really useful you can do, it's really cool and serves as a fun alternative to commenting "Another Sunday game??" - bear with me, there's a few steps here:

1) Use https://www.google.co.uk/ to search for "Charlton Athletic fixtures".

2) Look at the date and time of the fixture listed. In this case, it's listed as taking place on Saturday 23rd November at 12.30pm:

3) Then you can write a helpful comment such as "Hey ForeverAddickted, great preview as always, just a heads up that you have the wrong date mate! Cheers."

Hope this helps and that you've had a lot of fun! Thanks for reading and if you need any further help let me know! 

Paddy
    Image result for Mind blown gif
  • So we're on Sky, an early kick off, and playing against a brand new manager........ Unlucky Charlton Tic Tac Toe