Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Black Friday deals

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dizzle said:
    Talal said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambiance-Wireless-Lighting-Starter/dp/B01K1WP7Z4?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_6d938855_62&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I was looking at these a few weeks back, and have to say this is a great deal. I've purchased today.

Am interested in this but how does it work, do the bulbs just go into your original lamps, connect the box to wifi then control through remote? 
    Pretty much, you'll be able to control the Lamps via the Hue app on your phone too - Plus set schedules for lights to come on in the morning or turn off at night

If you've got something like Alexa etc. you can also use voice control to activate the lighting
    Or you could just flick a switch ;-)
    Actually - not flicking the switch is the hardest thing about using them. 

I have Hue bulbs in every room. They’re great. 
    Same. I would recommend. Although it has made me lazier. Turning lights on and off on an app or by asking Alexa to do it is incredibly lazy. 

The Phillips lights also link into Hive. So I have lights and heating all in one app. 
    I've replaced all my light bulbs with Hue bulbs too and think they're great.

I find it very reassuring you can remotely turn lights on to make it look as though someone is home when it's dark and the house is empty. I also prefer coming home to a house with lights on rather than being in pitch black or having to keep a light on all day otherwise.

I wouldn't call voice control lazy either, it's technology that people just haven't gotten used to yet as the norm which it will be one day.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Is the Amazon Fire stick worth getting?
    If you have got amazon prime it is ok. 
    But then if you have got virgin tv you can access amazon tv on channel 205
    Honest question - how do you use fire stick and prime together ? Is there an app on it with loads of TV? Like what?
    It just plugs into an HDMI slot. You log into Amazon prime using a remote that comes with it. Can also download other apps like Netflix and YouTube
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Talal said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambiance-Wireless-Lighting-Starter/dp/B01K1WP7Z4?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_6d938855_62&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I was looking at these a few weeks back, and have to say this is a great deal. I've purchased today.

Am interested in this but how does it work, do the bulbs just go into your original lamps, connect the box to wifi then control through remote? 
    Pretty much, you'll be able to control the Lamps via the Hue app on your phone too - Plus set schedules for lights to come on in the morning or turn off at night

If you've got something like Alexa etc. you can also use voice control to activate the lighting
    Or you could just flick a switch ;-)
    Actually - not flicking the switch is the hardest thing about using them. 

I have Hue bulbs in every room. They’re great. 
    Same. I would recommend. Although it has made me lazier. Turning lights on and off on an app or by asking Alexa to do it is incredibly lazy. 

The Phillips lights also link into Hive. So I have lights and heating all in one app. 
    I've replaced all my light bulbs with Hue bulbs too and think they're great.

I find it very reassuring you can remotely turn lights on to make it look as though someone is home when it's dark and the house is empty. I also prefer coming home to a house with lights on rather than being in pitch black or having to keep a light on all day otherwise.

I wouldn't call voice control lazy either, it's technology that people just haven't gotten used to yet as the norm which it will be one day.
    Agreed. I'm sure when they first came out, people said that controlling your tv by a remote control was lazy.
  • Options
    Got an Amazon Echo Dot for £22 reduced from £50 absolute bargain.
  • Options
    Looking for best deal on: Traeger smoker/Big Green Egg/ Kamado Joe