Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019-20 CL Prediction League Week 14 Results

I remember swithering over my predictions last week. I had decided to go for three 1-0 scorelines but I couldn't decide between Brentford v Reading and the 'guest' fixture of Accrington v Bolton. I trusted in Bolton and with some confidence predicted a 1-0 win for The Trotters. At 3.05 pm, I heard that Bolton had taken an early lead at Accrington. Bolton just needed to keep it tight for 85 minutes and I would be winning three valuable Prediction League points. At 5 pm on Saturday, I was inconsolable. Not only did Brentford run out 1-0 winners, but Accrington hammered Bolton 7-1.
Such is the way of the Prediction League and this week was a bumper scoring week for many as a number of favourites came up trumps. Not so, for @Dansk_Red, who lost top spot as just one of three competitors who scored a big fat zero this week. As they say, there are no easy prediction weeks. The big scores mean that there have been some big changes in the tables.
Of course, it might be worth pointing out that you have to pick games that are on the list. @eddieaddick picked two games that weren't on the 'coupon' and @AFKABartram picked Swansea v Millwall which wasn't on the list for last week. Not only did @AFKABartram pick a wrong game but got the wrong result which, of course, incurs a 20 point deduction (see Rule 23(a)(iv) Para 23). However, this point deduction has been doubled to -40 as Millwall won (see Rule 23(b)(xii) Para 17(a)).
Many suffered as Charlton let a 2-0 lead slip against Cardiff, but 50 out of 51 were able to foresee Leicester's win at Brighton, 21 of whom correctly pinpointed the 2-0 scoreline. Similarly, Fulham's win over QPR and Stoke's win over Wigan were good earners for many.
Graveyard prediction of the week: Sheff U 3 Man U 3 (0 correct scores, 1 correct result and 13 wrong )
Easy peasy prediction of the week: Brighton 0 Leicester 2 (21 correct scores, 29 correct results and 1 wrong prediction)
Unfancied fixture of the week: Middlesbrough 2 Hull 2 (8 predictions - 0 correct scores, 3 correct results and 5 wrong predictions)
Longest streak of scoring 2+ each week - 7 weeks - @Webbja77
Longest streak of scoring 1 or less each week - 6 weeks by @@NorthheathAddick (@Nicholas ended the drought with 4 points this week)
Here's the weekly scores with the League tables, as usual, on the next post
Addick Addict ... 7
cblock ... 7
Covered End ... 7
Dannoo_86 ... 7
flyingkiwiDK ... 7
Johnnysummers5 ... 7
LenGlover ... 7
PaddyP17 ... 7
Addickted ... 6
johnnybev1987 ... 6
RedChaser ... 6
StrikerFirmani ... 6
Alex Wright ... 5
Bangkokaddick ... 5
Bedsaddick ... 5
CAFCspooney ... 5
Charlton_Stu ... 5
dajavouslagan ... 5
kentwo ... 5
moutuakilla ... 5
SaySomething ... 5
SomervilleAddick ... 5
stackitsteve ... 5
Viewfinder ... 5
walshiesleftfoot ... 5
BertieB ... 4
blackpool72 ... 4
Bournemouth Addick ... 4
Buglehorn ... 4
cafc375 ... 4
CHG ... 4
CL_Phantom ... 4
clive ... 4
covered_end_junior ... 4
creepyaddick ... 4
eaststandmike ... 4
IdleHans ... 4
meldrew66 ... 4
MrOneLung ... 4
Nicholas ... 4
oohaahmortimer ... 4
Ped45 ... 4
ricky_otto ... 4
seth plum ... 4
Swerve ... 4
T_C_E ... 4
Uboat ... 4
bellz2002 ... 3
Boysie ... 3
cafckev ... 3
ChicagoAddick ... 3
GoOnYouHaddocks ... 3
Hamlet ... 3
jdsd42 ... 3
Lewis Coaches ... 3
Macronate ... 3
objectivecafc ... 3
Paddy Powell ... 3
redlanered ... 3
Redmidland ... 3
Rossman92 ... 3
Seabros ... 3
Sillybilly ... 3
ThreadKiller ... 3
throughthickandthin ... 3
56yearsofdreams ... 2
Beardface ... 2
Big_Bob ... 2
c4fcdenmark ... 2
cafcwill ... 2
Carl Leaburn ... 2
Dazzler21 ... 2
Dippenhall ... 2
ForeverAddickted ... 2
Karim_myBagheri ... 2
Len\'s_little_girl ... 2
Low_Ears ... 2
mrbligh ... 2
No.1 in South London ... 2
paulbaconsarnie ... 2
philcafc ... 2
RaplhMilne ... 2
rina ... 2
Sage ... 2
sarge1g ... 2
Shrew ... 2
Starinnaddick ... 2
stonemuse ... 2
Taxi_Lad ... 2
thai malaysia addick ... 2
tommo ... 2
vff ... 2
Webbja77 ... 2
WestSussexAddick ... 2
adrian ... 1
AFKABartram ... 1
Algarveaddick ... 1
Blackheathen ... 1
charltonnick ... 1
Chef_addick ... 1
chezzafromcharlton ... 1
eddieaddick ... 1
foresthillred ... 1
Hornchurch ... 1
jakecafc ... 1
killerandflash ... 1
NorthheathAddick ... 1
rananegra ... 1
robroy ... 1
sholland ... 1
Sonicstud85 ... 1
theeenorth ... 1
Addickted2U ... 0
Dansk_Red ... 0
Tavern ... 0

Comments

• Options
    I rather feel I've peaked too early.

... Now I understand where all my significant others were coming from.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Or not coming from.)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    PaddyP17 said:

Me too.
    But a huge gap now opening up for the top two.
  • Options
    I forgot to post this week but would have had three all correct results. Could you update my points accordingly please, TMA?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    bobmunro said:
    I forgot to post this week but would have had three all correct results. Could you update my points accordingly please, TMA?
    What a coincidence as I picked all the winners in my super Heinz at Ludlow yesterday but forgot to put my bet on.
    Would you do me the honours of paying out my winnings please @bobmunro?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    bobmunro said:
    What a coincidence as I picked all the winners in my super Heinz at Ludlow yesterday but forgot to put my bet on.
    Of course, no problem.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    This, of course, is possible for our Prediction League Premium Members. To become a Premium Member, the joining fee is only £999 per year. Let me know if you want an enrolment form.
  • Options
    "I am top of the league, say I am top of the league"
  • Options
    I think you've done the results wrong... How have I dropped to the National League? :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Addickted said:
    bobmunro said:
    Of course, no problem.
    Cool. £375,882.40 when you're ready - you were offering some very short odds on the winners.

You can deduct my £24 stake from the winnings o:)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I think you've done the results wrong... How have I dropped to the National League? :(
    You have gone backwards, I'm afraid, as it was a high-scoring week, but not quite so far. However, you caused me to check everything and there was a minor error in that those not participating were not allocated the right average score this week (the average was 3 not 2) plus some that have missed too many weeks also scored 2. Apologies for this. You are now just holding on in the EFL!!
  • Options
    Seven juicy points. Lovely! 
  • Options
    You have gone backwards, I'm afraid, as it was a high-scoring week, but not quite so far. However, you caused me to check everything and there was a minor error in that those not participating were not allocated the right average score this week (the average was 3 not 2) plus some that have missed too many weeks also scored 2. Apologies for this. You are now just holding on in the EFL!!
    Way Hey, I have been promoted to League 2 as well..................and above ForeverAddickted, whats it like down there fella??  :)
  • Options
    Publicly shamed!