Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Luton Town v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 26 November 2019

Comments

• Options
    Half Time 1-1

• Options
    Okay. Big team talk and let's see what we can do. 
  • Options
    COME ON.

SARR BACKPOST PLEASE!?
  • Options
    Lord knows how we've got to half time still level. 

With so many players missing its hard, and unfair, to be too critical but that really wasn't good. Bad defensive play giving Luton so many shooting chances. I fear this is going to end up 3 or 4-1 to Luton. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gallagher the blue eyed boy has been utter rubbish tonight.(and I’m a massive fan)
    Trying too much. He's not our only creative spark but seems to think he is. Has it all gone to his head a bit.
    Think it was you who said it earlier (cant be bothered to look back) - Cullen is showing tonight why he's a bit of an unsung hero within the team
    Neither Pratley or Gallagher have looked as good as they have been this season, not just coincidence
  • Options

With so many players missing its hard, and unfair, to be too critical but that really wasn't good. Bad defensive play giving Luton so many shooting chances. I fear this is going to end up 3 or 4-1 to Luton. 
    Same could be said for them. We've got into the right positions, last ball letting us down so far.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gallagher the blue eyed boy has been utter rubbish tonight.(and I’m a massive fan)
    Trying too much. He's not our only creative spark but seems to think he is. Has it all gone to his head a bit.
    Think it was you who said it earlier (cant be bothered to look back) - Cullen is showing tonight why he's a bit of an unsung hero within the team
    Neither Pratley or Gallagher have looked as good as they have been this season, not just coincidence
    Pratley started slow but definitely grown into the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Interesting they've won every tackle they've made.

Their keeper hasn't made a save apparently.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Same could be said for them. We've got into the right positions, last ball letting us down so far.
    We seem too nervous and appeared reluctant to take the game to Luton for large periods
    When we sat back we let Luton create chance after chance, when we attacked with more than just Bonne / Leko we looked as much of a threat ourselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldnt go or watch on tv tonight. Are we really as bad as some of the comments? Any positives?
  • Options
    Bit of agg getting this to settle down without downloading anything but this was working towards end of half;
    https://soccer-live.stream/luton-town-vs-charlton-athletic-live/stream-2
  • Options
    Christ, people seem to be forgetting this is Gallaghers first season in men’s football, he’s playing in a depleted team with a whole weight of expectation on his shoulders. He’s had a poor 45 mins but no worse than the 3 or 4 experienced pros behind him. 19 years old ffs.
    Credit to him really and the standard he's set himself
  • Options
    Christ, people seem to be forgetting this is Gallaghers first season in men’s football, he’s playing in a depleted team with a whole weight of expectation on his shoulders. He’s had a poor 45 mins but no worse than the 3 or 4 experienced pros behind him. 19 years old ffs.
    This. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Couldnt go or watch on tv tonight. Are we really as bad as some of the comments? Any positives?
    We just look quite shakey. Gallagher probably the worst and weirdly Leko the best... 🤮
  • Options

Really? Phillips has had nothing to do.
  • Options
    Our defenders need to dribble it out from the back more. We are seriously lacking in the middle of the park, and without Luton even really pressing us we keep passing it into dead ends.

If pme of our centrebacks takes it forwards a bit it opens lots more options for us.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Made a very good save to stop Izzy Brown's free kick
    Would say its also Luton's lack of composure in front of goal, i.e. I expected Collins (or was it Cornick) to bury the effort when Lockyer had the air kick, they've also hit the bar
    Never get why a Goalkeeper has to be tested for chances to count, surely you dont want to test the Goalkeeper as it means the effort has been saved
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Great save from that free-kick tbf
  • Options
    No more injuries. Yet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit of agg getting this to settle down without downloading anything but this was working towards end of half;
    https://soccer-live.stream/luton-town-vs-charlton-athletic-live/stream-2
    Do you know if its any good on phone?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    We can't defend corners or set pieces, it's our Achilles heel. We have lots of players out and our smallish squad is now coming to back to haunt us. 
  • Options
    Also 5 at the back is such a nonsense formation, they are walking through our 3 man midfield so easily.
  • Options
    We can't defend corners or set pieces, it's our Achilles heel. We have lots of players out and our smallish squad is now coming to back to haunt us. 
    We're missing you, RedMid.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Would settle for 1- 1 now. They dominated that. Gallagher's poorest game this season so he'll probably get a second half hat trick now. They are pressing us really well. Let's hope they tire in 2nd half.
  • Options
     If he can't take criticism from Charlton fans, good luck to him of he has a couple of bad games at Chelsea. 

Gallagher is lucky to be on the pitch still. There's no expectations on him, he just needs to calm down, ditch the stupid gloves and focus. 
  • Options
    Absolutely agree. But it’s still fair to point out when he’s having a bad game. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Good move there Bonne unlucky not to score with his nut.
    i thought that was pratley ?
  • Options
    Also 5 at the back is such a nonsense formation, they are walking through our 3 man midfield so easily.
    Trouble is how do you change it to a diamond
    Means bringing on Oshilaja or Vennings for a Centre-Back or you move Sarr to midfield (I'd like to see that)
    Morgan can then sit behind Bonne | Leko
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!