Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Same when Solly challenged the Peterborough Referee when he gave that last minute penalty
    Bloke couldnt explain to Chris why it had been given!!
  • I’ve never understood why refs aren’t held to account or at least questioned after their mistakes. If I make a mistake or a seemingly poor decision at work I have to justify that. Why are refs any different?
  • The decision at Luton (to allow their 1st goal) was made worse by the fact that two officials, the referee and the 'assistant' got it wrong .. the only excuse is that the offside law, as amended, is so complicated that it's made the official's job so much more difficult
  • Assume the FA/FL will want to have a word with him about his comments, possible ban?
  • Well said, Tom. We pay their salaries and they should be subjected to the same media scrutiny. This has been the case in Spain for example, for years, really years. 

And I tell you what, if the authorities try to sanction Tom , we should get up and defend him.
  • What was more interesting was Lockyer saying

"Under any other circumstances I probably would have come off today but I had to stay on and do my bit for the team."

That might explain why he wasn't at his best
  • I cannot agree with you @Athletico Charlton. Nobody is suggesting that refs should be infallible, nor that they should be hounded. It is reasonable to expect them to explain, just as losing managers are expected to "explain" ad nauseam after every game. In particular it would help because the offside law in particular is now such that even professionals in the studio admit to being baffled by it.

In the case of this goal, we know that the officials could not have allowed it because Solly played the guy closestto Dillon onside. Patently that was not the case. So they decided that this player was not "interfering with play" sufficiently. That, surely, has to be interrogated, otherwise none of us have the slightest clue what that phrase now means. 

• I don’t think I don’t think refs should have to justify or explain a decision after a game. It would make them more open to question and insult. 
    It is wrong when players and managers say they have to come out an explain their mistakes. No they don’t. Was Sarr interviewed after the Millwall game? Do players who miss penalties have to explain it after a game? I don’t think I’ve ever heard a reporter ask a player why they failed to beat a keeper from five years out of why they miscontrolled a pass.
    i get as frustrated and angered by some refs and their decisions as every other fan. But getting them to publicly acknowledge an error will not do any good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dean Ashton on the Quest highlights said the first Luton goal should have been disallowed for offside as the Luton player was 'interfering' with Phillips (ooh ah). He said the second one should probably stand as it was fifty fifty sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.

Bottom line is we can do nothing to change it so it's a case of move on and hope and pray we can avoid defeat on Saturday in our bereft state. Gallagher being suspended is just the kick in the bollocks we didn't need at the moment although the lad probably does need a rest.
  • LenGlover said:
    Dean Ashton on the Quest highlights said the first Luton goal should have been disallowed for offside as the Luton player was 'interfering' with Phillips (ooh ah). He said the second one should probably stand as it was fifty fifty sometimes you get them sometimes you don't.

Bottom line is we can do nothing to change it so it's a case of move on and hope and pray we can avoid defeat on Saturday in our bereft state. Gallagher being suspended is just the kick in the bollocks we didn't need at the moment although the lad probably does need a rest.
    The second goal would probably be disallowed in the Premier League with VAR as any use of the hand (however trivial) is enough to disallow the goal, a ruling which few agree with, I think it should stand.

The first was simply a wrong decision, the assistant on that side made a very strange call.
  • Annoying that we lost on Tuesday partly because of a couple of questionable decisions. But I'd take that any day over the endless nonsense that VAR is bringing to the premier league. 
  • It’s only a game...