Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Injury List - 13 (as at 30/11/19)...Inshallah

edited November 2019 in General Charlton
Please delete this if it already exists or there is a link elsewhere on the internet.

But i'd like someone ITK to provide a weekly  (Belgian) waffle-free update on the injuries the first team faces.

something along the lines of

Player            Injury                                      From                   estimated return
Lyle Taylor    Cruciate Ligament left knee     1 October            14 December

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited November 2019
    OK, I'll have a go. But I can't promise to do it every week. Here goes: 

Player, injury, from, estimated return                           
    Lyle Taylor,  Cruciate Ligament, left knee, 1 October, 14 December

Hope that helps.
  • I am assuming someone is likely to mention me in this, but you lot don’t ask for much, do ya? :sweat_smile:
    A weekly update is probably a little too often to be completely honest, lots can change in a week and I don’t want to be ridiculed for not be exact with the dates.
    However, I done a similar thing before when someone asked an update on when players are due to return and what their injuries are. So I can try to do something similar this time, but would need more information first. 
  • Taylor also got injured on the 8th September, it’ll be 12 weeks this weekend. 
  • edited November 2019
    Chizz said:

Hope that helps.
    Right knee. Sorry to be pedantic.

Edited: didn’t see in original post as well. 
  • Sage said:
    Taylor also got injured on the 8th September, it’ll be 12 weeks this weekend. 
    My example was just illustrative. But your attention to detail definitely makes you the man (or woman) for the job. Many thanks
  • Sage said:
    Taylor also got injured on the 8th September, it’ll be 12 weeks this weekend. 
    My example was just illustrative. But your attention to detail definitely makes you the man (or woman) for the job. Many thanks
    Give me a day or two and I’ll get one done for you once I hopefully hear more myself. 
  • Ones that can automatically be completed are Taylor, Williams, and Cullen.

Hopefully Taylor next week Saturday by going from what Bowyer has said. Possibly Williams as well, although that could be one week too early. Cullen we are now most likely looking at the beginning of February. 
  • Sage said:
    Chizz said:

Hope that helps.
    Right knee. Sorry to be pedantic.

Edited: didn’t see in original post as well. 
    No, the right knee was 8th September. 

:wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Have put this together, but as said the dates are not going to be exact, hence the estimated date of return to play, especially the muscular injuries because they’ve been constant throughout so I know that the medical team are working hard to get these right before putting them back in.
    Well done Sage and hopefully, if you are right, come New Year it will only leave Cullen out injured, apart form the 10 players that will get injured before then, of course  :)
  • Sage said:
    Have put this together, but as said the dates are not going to be exact, hence the estimated date of return to play, especially the muscular injuries because they’ve been constant throughout so I know that the medical team are working hard to get these right before putting them back in.
    Absolutely brilliant Sage. Well done. Only suggestion would be that it is a post (rather than a download) and that the post is regularly updated as a post pinned to the top of the page. Or can only administrators pin messages and edit thread titles?
  • Sage said:
    Why are some names in red?
  • ross1 said:
    Sage said:
    Well done Sage and hopefully, if you are right, come New Year it will only leave Cullen out injured, apart form the 10 players that will get injured before then, of course  :)
    In all realistic view, we are going to have players picking up injuries between now and the new year, and unfortunately, I do expect players with current muscular injuries, will pick up another one. Only due to the fact that the time they’re coming back, is the toughest time of year.
  • Sage said:
    Absolutely brilliant Sage. Well done. Only suggestion would be that it is a post (rather than a download) and that the post is regularly updated as a post pinned to the top of the page. Or can only administrators pin messages and edit thread titles?
    I can put the post as a little photo? Otherwise I think it’s more difficult to create it as a normal post, it’ll just be paragraphs the way I’ve done it.
  • Sage said:
    Why are some names in red?
    Muscular injuries in red
    Soft tissue injuries in black
    Suspensions in blue
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    I can put the post as a little photo? Otherwise I think it’s more difficult to create it as a normal post, it’ll just be paragraphs the way I’ve done it.
    How do they do the stat bank table ? That’s what I was thinking . Just concerned some people won’t be able to download to excel and others will be on their phones
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    How do they do the stat bank table ? That’s what I was thinking . Just concerned some people won’t be able to download to excel and others will be on their phones
    Not a clue to be honest. I’d assume Admin will know and be able to help out. 
  • Bowyer is performing miracles keeping this team fairly competitive with 14 out or whatever it is\was. Why are we getting so many injuries? Don’t say bad luck, just can’t be.
  • @sage any chance of an update? Was hoping for once a fortnight or so. Cheers either way
  • Sponsored links:

• Can only really update things for sure when I’ve been in contact with certain individuals. What we do know is that Williams, Aneke, Hemed, Page, and possibly Forster-Caskey are all back next week in training. Oztumer I know is only just behind. Cullen still not until nearer the end of the month. 
  • Sage said:
    Can only really update things for sure when I’ve been in contact with certain individuals. What we do know is that Williams, Aneke, Hemed, Page, and possibly Forster-Caskey are all back next week in training. Oztumer I know is only just behind. Cullen still not until nearer the end of the month. 
    What does back in training mean?

Ready for matches? Two weeks off fitness training? I know it will vary by player, nature of injury and time out but a rough guide would be useful.
  • Sage said:
    Can only really update things for sure when I’ve been in contact with certain individuals. What we do know is that Williams, Aneke, Hemed, Page, and possibly Forster-Caskey are all back next week in training. Oztumer I know is only just behind. Cullen still not until nearer the end of the month. 
    Would imagine that might mean that those mentioned might be available for selection for perhaps Fulham or at least bench.
  • They’ll be back but it’ll be a long time before they’re firing. JFC got thrown in for a couple of games despite no match fitness due to lack of options at left back and that’s what caused him his injury. Same with Lyle yesterday so we can’t expect these players to come back in and change things for a while even after they’re back in the squad. Tough times ahead
  • Remaining games are running out!
  • @Henry Irving or other administrator can you update the date please in the title ?
  • Christ, it feels like all of them are so fragile that they could break down any minute. And then woe betide they should be "rushed" back.
    Get the feeling this is going to be a revolving door of continuous breakdowns for the rest of the season.
    "Wait until we get our injured players back" seems a pretty hollow and unconvincing mantra.
    Long gone are the days of giving Halesy an injection and chucking him on every week.
  • edited January 2020
    Ironically, we could do with an international break to give the squad a rest and injured players a chance to catch up without missing games.