Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: a final word and free red-and-white scarves on Saturday (11.30am)

Comments

• Options
    we should have a symbolic hand back of our Black and White scarves and then donate them to a non league club somewhere who wear B & W
    This is a fantastic idea

• Options
    Stig said:
    Nice one, Card!

Can I suggest that if anyone has an old black and white one they don't want that they leave it at the Sam Bartram statue tomorrow. It might make quite a poignant picture if there's a few of them, and a little reminder of all the season tickets that were left there.
    Brilliant idea.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Nice one, Card!

Can I suggest that if anyone has an old black and white one they don't want that they leave it at the Sam Bartram statue tomorrow. It might make quite a poignant picture if there's a few of them, and a little reminder of all the season tickets that were left there.
    Definitely doing this.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    As long as they don't end up at that Palace / Millwall collaboration called Bromley...
  • Options
    I for one back lifetime free season tickets for everyone in CARD.  :wink:

Great day for all fans. Its over. Roll on a new era. Thanks to all the protest groups, and all the fans that joined in, whether with their money, their time, or just singing Roland Out once in a while.

It's our day.  The club is its supporters and today as much as any day #NousSommesCharlton.
  • Options
    As long as they don't end up at that Palace / Millwall collaboration called Bromley...

Bromley will be our nursery club in League One in five years.

All part of the Charlton network of clubs
  • Options
    Thank you CARD. From far away there was not much I could do, but a few e-mails to sponsors may have made a tiny difference I hope?

May you all be blessed with happiness for the rest of your days. I look forward to cheering the Addicks on with you all on Tuesday week.

COYA!!!!!  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we should have a symbolic hand back of our Black and White scarves and then donate them to a non league club somewhere who wear B & W
    Bromley or Dartford both localish clubs!
  • Options
    Behave! 
  • Options
    Well done one and all. The odd bit I didn’t approve of but on the whole I doubt he’d have departed without the efforts of the protestors. My protest scarf will be adorning Sam Bartram’s statue at 1100 tomorrow. 
  • Options

Thank you to all protest groups large and small,the day has come when WE HAVE MOVED ON.

Think you could have a Best seller in that book Airman Brown save us two books please.Catch you up DEC 13TH Hull CITY GAME,

• Options
    Thanks CARD - it's been a long and hard road but we stayed the course. I'm never going to forget the trip to Belgium and the good friends I have made thanks to our protests
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs9RrKK2-M0
    Thanks for putting that up, dear friend. 

Great memories indeed. 

We woz there ! 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    100% leaving the black and white scarf at Bartram’s statue and then replacing it with the new red and white. I then hope that someone does collect the scarfs and donate to a non-league club to help with their future. From one club and group of fans who have their club back, to another who need help themselves for their own. Football family at its best.

What a fantastic and powerful message and idea.

We have our Charlton back, and we all can take some credit for this. Well done all, this is a very important day in our history. 
  • Options
    Anyone we know who play in Black and White in terms of Non-League teams... Only ones I can think of currently are Bath City or Fisher Athletic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just can’t thank you enough CARD & all the other protest groups that helped in getting the vermin out of our club,u all stood up to the fight while others just stood & watched the demise,it seems for now the nightmeire is over,let’s now everyone come together & make this club rise again...oh n woe betide any shite owners we may come up again,but hope this is now our time...thanks again Cmon U Addicks
  • Options
    Anyone we know who play in Black and White in terms of Non-League teams... Only ones I can think of currently are Bath City or Fisher Athletic
    Dover Athletic?
  • Options
    Dartford, Bromley, must be loads to be fair.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Dartford, Bromley, must be loads to be fair.
    Doh!!... Of course, can count the fake Nigels out straight away ;)
  • Options
    need a decent protest song about the lack of hot water in the East Stand bogs ….
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Although I wish Duchatelet hadn't been born I will never forget the sight of black and white beachballs cascading down the Covered End and the singing that accompanied them. 
    My Favourite part of the Belgians ownership was the protests. Thanks Card etc
  • Options
    One of the best days of my life. Protested in Belgium and boycotted...we’ve got our Charlton back. Thanks to CARD for immense hard work. Can’t wait for tomorrow. What a party we’ll have. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Sage said:
    If the black and white scarfs don’t go to a non league club, they could always be donated to the homeless charities. It’s not a lot, but it’s something to keep them warmer this winter.
    I think this is a much better idea. The non-league idea shows the positive altruistic side of our supporters, but would non-league fans really need or want them? It's not like giving old kits away for junior sides to train in. Do we really think that non-league supporters are all hard up and can't afford their own scarves? How would we react if Arsenal or Liverpool said, look we've got a load of second-hand red and white bar scarves - would your fans want them, because they're a bit further down the pyramid than our fans?