Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

East Street Investments - What do we know?

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:
    East Street, now called Eastmoor St, is near where the Thames Barrier now stands. In 1905 a group of 15 year old boys meet there on a street corner and formed a football club they called Charlton Athletic.
    Impressive trivia
  • Options
    The Forbes list says that Donald Trump is worth $ 3.1 billion and Richard Branson is worth $4.1 billion.

puts our lads money into perspective.
  • Options
    Do we have any idea what other sporting interests our new owner(s) are currently involved with ? 
  • Options
    Will they be in the directors box this afternoon 
  • Options
    Do we have any idea what other sporting interests our new owner(s) are currently involved with ? 
    @DamoNorthStand had an interesting post about their F1 involvement, which he knew of from professional involvement in the sector.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @MattSouthall84 on twitter.
      South London boy I believe 
  • Options
    So how long will it be for the EFL to accept and confirm? (How long usually?)
  • Options
    WSS said:
    East Street, now called Eastmoor St, is near where the Thames Barrier now stands. In 1905 a group of 15 year old boys meet there on a street corner and formed a football club they called Charlton Athletic.

WSS said:
    My mum's family are all from down there, until they moved up onto Woolwich Road. We were at 648, in the town houses opposite the Vic and big Thames Barrier sign, mum had cousins next door-but-one either way. They knocked houses down now to build a basketball court for drug dealers to serve up in
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Until the age of 5 then moved to the North West. Here you go from an interview with him in August 2017;
    Fitness entrepreneur Matthew Southall was born in South London and moved to the North West with his mother at the age of 5. His father was of Nigerian descent, but left before he was born. Matthew graduated from school with all A’s and studied Art and design at college before moving to Leeds to study 3d Interior and Architectural design, graduating in 2006. One of his close friends growing up was a professional footballer for Manchester United and England so he managed to make several contacts within football and went straight from University into sports management, where he worked under renowned Iranian businessman, Kia Joorabchian, owner of football stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano. He was very quickly involved in high profile deals, learnt a lot and then in 2010 set up his own Sports Agency and represented several high profile Premier League players. In the summer of 2014, he set up an online fitness wear brand which went onto launch in December 2014. Matthew currently lives in Manchester and has a two year old daughter, Arabella.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Until the age of 5 then moved to the North West. Here you go from an interview with him in August 2017;
    Fitness entrepreneur Matthew Southall was born in South London and moved to the North West with his mother at the age of 5. His father was of Nigerian descent, but left before he was born. Matthew graduated from school with all A’s and studied Art and design at college before moving to Leeds to study 3d Interior and Architectural design, graduating in 2006. One of his close friends growing up was a professional footballer for Manchester United and England so he managed to make several contacts within football and went straight from University into sports management, where he worked under renowned Iranian businessman, Kia Joorabchian, owner of football stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano. He was very quickly involved in high profile deals, learnt a lot and then in 2010 set up his own Sports Agency and represented several high profile Premier League players. In the summer of 2014, he set up an online fitness wear brand which went onto launch in December 2014. Matthew currently lives in Manchester and has a two year old daughter, Arabella.
    Um, is that not an alarm bell in the middle there?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    RedChaser said:
    ?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    RedChaser said:
    Nope
  • Options
    Sage said:
    stonemuse said:
    WSS said:
    Impressive trivia
    It can’t be a coincidence that this is the name of the investment vehicle ... impressive research by them. 
    No coincidence at all, in line with their first statement on the official site, they recognise the role of our history and our fanbase. It goes a long way and shows an interest. I respect them for that. 
    Never realised that i thought it was a random coincidence. Brilliant bit of PR
  • Options
    So do we actually know who owns us now or is the trail complicated ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    They didn’t reference any kind of exit strategy in their opening statement. That will rub some people up the wrong way for starters....
    Only the pretentious
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    So do we actually know who owns us now or is the trail complicated ?
    In short SHG I would say no. From a company law perspective we know who the Directors and main shareholders are as per this extract from the Sun article here;  
    There is a new director in His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer, who is the Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Business Development – the private office of Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan.

He is the majority shareholder in East Street Investments and will sit on the new board.

Joining him as another director is Jonathan Heller, while Matt Southall is Charlton’s new chairman

As to who is funding the deal is another issue which you would need to see a formation balance sheet to establish but even then if it is from an outside investor rather than the three? directors you would not necessarily know the identity of an investor. Hope that helps of sorts.

PS However I'm sure the EFL will satisfy themselves that all is above board 🤞.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    So who is Southall's friend who went on to play professionally for Man U and England?
    May I be the first to suggest Rio Ferdinand??
  • Options
    So who is Southall's friend who went on to play professionally for Man U and England?
    May I be the first to suggest Rio Ferdinand??
    If he formed the friendship in the NW whilst growing up Rio would still have been down south, unless you're going to Whoosh me Weegie 😉
  • Options
    I've no idea, @RedChaser, just speculating. Depends when the friendship formed, I guess.
  • Options
    So how long will it be for the EFL to accept and confirm? (How long usually?)
    Two years if it's us.
  • Options