Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1 July 2007

It seems that despite dire warnings life has not come to an end as a result of the smoking ban.

Comments

• Options
    It would also be the case that sexually transmitted diseases are on the increase.
  • Options
    i am a smoker and i work in a bookies....ill be the first to admit that my shift today was a bit more pleasant!
  • Options
    Been to the pub today....it was packed!

The Landlord did a lunchtime menu with a smoking theme..... Smoked Mackerel, Smoky Bacon soup, Smoked Haddock fisherman's pie and Creme Brulee, etc, etc.

I've got to say, it was so good to spend the afternoon there without clothes and hair stinking of smoke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Been to the pub today....it was packed!

The Landlord did a lunchtime menu with a smoking theme..... Smoked Mackerel, Smoky Bacon soup, Smoked Haddock fisherman's pie and Creme Brulee, etc, etc..

LOL! Great sense of humour.
  • Options
    Oggy, that was just brilliant..keep 'em coming. I presume markwebb21 spent most of the day standing outside?
  • Options
    Cheers, guys!

But what I forgot to mention:

When the waitress set up the dining area just before us diners sat down, she knocked a candle over as she walked away without realising - and set the table cloth on fire.

Imagine the pub being full of smoke on no smoking day! LOL
  • Options
    Delighted to hear the pub you went to was packed Oggy, I really hope that I have been wrong, and the English non-smokers will do what the Scots, Irish, Welsh, Americans etc have failed to do, and continue to up in their droves. I assume the pub in qustion is normally not packed on a Sunday?
  • Options
    smoking may be banned, but could they burn tobacco in little trays so you can inhale it?
  • Options
    The Fulwich in Dartford opened up the beer garden for the first time in about 8 years yesterday, suffice to say it was packed and the pub was completely empty!
  • Options
    in Ireland what's been the real blow to the pub industry is that the price of alcohol is a joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no apparently the real 'blow' has been the smell of beer farts!
  • Options
    It was yesterday. People drink those real ales, they stink. Simple as.

The masking quality of cigarette smoke is unappreciated, the pub was a mix of stale beer, farts and disinfectant. Obviously much preferable to the hint of smoke.

We're all going to hell in a handcart