Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

reporting suspected illegal imigrants

anyone got any idea how I'd go about this?

got the upstairs neighbours from hell moved in and I'm at the end of my tether with them , noise all night and people coming and going left right and centre at all hours . Got to the point now where I'm clutching at straws a bit and hoping immigration might be able to help me out.

Comments

• Options
    probably the authorities that put them there. Report them to the Police as there are all sorts of laws about noise levels now.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]anyone got any idea how I'd go about this?

got the upstairs neighbours from hell moved in and I'm at the end of my tether with them , noise all night and people coming and going left right and centre at all hours . Got to the point now where I'm clutching at straws a bit and hoping immigration might be able to help me out.[/quote]

Speak to your council, there are laws against anti-social behaviour and making excessive noise.
  • Options
    We had a Chinese restaurant open illegally - (no food licence/no planning permission/ not VAT registered/carrying out building works well past midnight etc etc) - next to us where Franks Cafe used to be on Woolwich Road. It was a long battle to get them out as the Council was so slow - but eventually & happily we totally closed them down & the ringleader was deported as he was here illegally. The kitchen was filthy, rats everywhere & they didn't have any form of odour control for their cooking other than opening the door onto the street. The fact that none of them spoke English made it very complicated but my advice is persevere with the police/council.
  • Options
    people coming and going all night ... at all hours, maybe you should knock on the door and see if they have anything to sell?friendly approach meet the neighbours only an idea.
    buckshee it's painfull but...What you need to do is make your local council aware of these dodgepots and the situation that you are facing.They will require some sort of evidence from you as proof,you will need to provide info,noise levels and also the fact that you have confronted them to reduce the noise levels that you have reported,you must keep notes and record instances that you are not happy about,CALL THE POLICE,complain to everyone make a bloody point of the fact that you're not happy,they can then follow up your case,it might take a while but i'm sure you will find a resolution,turn the situation into your favour and keep on calling the council untill you have a satisfactory ending, Characters like this will not go away untill they are forced out,good luck.
  • Options
    Pretty sure that if you make a complaint the council will come round and record the noise levels for you, give 'em a call and lay it on the line, it's making me ill i can't sleep, the noise is unbearable,it's causing me severe stress or whatever, i'm sure they would be interested, don't need to make a point about who they are where they come from.
  • Options
    but be aware that if you own the property, when you come to sell it you may have to disclose any official complaints you have made againt nuisance neighbours....
  • Options
    already had the police round and it's done no good whatsoever. We only rent but it looks like we are gonna have to move and it's made me so angry that I'm having to move out of a flat I love because of some absolute arseoles who don't seem to have any awareness of what is going on around them.

I tried the friendly approach which didn't work and now it's all got out of hand . I feel so angry that in my own country and own city I'm the one not being helped .
  • Options
    given the current threat, if you think they be terrorists

Met Police - anti-terrorist hotline

if they are just anti-social

home office anti-social behaviour

if you think they may be on benefit and running a business up there

benefit fraud

and always get name of the person you are reporting it to and make sure you repeat and spell out their name when they advise you what it is...
  • Options
    & if you are renting - ask for a reduction in the rent...let your landlord share your problem...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]& if you are renting - ask for a reduction in the rent...let your landlord share your problem...[/quote]

Agreed, give your landlord an earful about it. Its his responsibility as well.

I have owned rental properties here and been faced with similar problems and I have been the one who has had to sort it out with the council/police. If you tell your landlord/agent that you are not happy and will move if no action is taken then he might not be happy to lose good tenants so will take action. Its worth a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Complain to your landlord - verbally and in writing.

Keep a record of all incidents, noise levels etc.

Perhaps follow them (not alone) see if they are all working at a restaurant etc. then perhaps could report suspected illegal working to a immigration.

If people come and leave again soon after report suspected drug dealing.
  • Options
    council, landlords, police blah blah....

get the boys round man !! give em a good shoeing.

Or at least, get Rothko and his bicycle to run over someone's little toe....
  • Options
    If you suspect someone is an illegal immigrant,you could drop a line to the following address,giving full details of these people etc address,where they work,cars they drive etc.

JIU/Becket House,60/68 St Thomas street,London SE1 3QU
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Next time you get some junk mail addressed to "the occupier", save it, steam it open and check nothing about you in there.

Go to a pet shop and buy a dozen cockroaches (to feed your gecko), put them in the envelope, reseal (eg with Pritt stick) and just before you post it in their letter box open the envelope enough for them to get out. Ideally do this when you think they are all out/asleep.

.... your neighbours that is, not the cockroaches.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Next time you get some junk mail addressed to "the occupier", save it, steam it open and check nothing about you in there.

Go to a pet shop and buy a dozen cockroaches (to feed your gecko), put them in the envelope, reseal (eg with Pritt stick) and just before you post it in their letter box open the envelope enough for them to get out. Ideally do this when you think they are all out/asleep.

Ha ha ha
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Feel for you. I got served with an environmental notice re noise pollution - not really worth going that route i dont think. as its not worth the paper its written on but i have the departments details if you want them.

i was served the notice as part of the ongoing harrassment me and the two other lads in our flats are getting from the local loon next door. he is being evicted for plenty of reasons but its taking a long long time and all the paper work involved ensures this doesnt happen overnight.
  • Options
    keep it down B, some of us are trying to work. ;-)
  • Options
    buckshee, i have a friend who works at beckett house for immigration can ask him...
  • Options
    I've just given out the becket house address,but it all depends on which area we are talking about.Becket house cover Bits of south east london/east london and north kent.
  • Options
    Sorry to say, but from past experience, the councils round S.E London (presuming thats where your living) have absolutely NO interest in serving the people they are supposed to. A completely useless and impotent form of authority.Best of luck anyway, but you're gonna need it....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    he says to try crimestoppers who will take all details.

although he says with the immigration route you may hit some difficulties, because of their nationality, it is apparently notoriously hard to get travel documentation and officials refuse to admit its an immigration issue. thats if they are illegal.

apparently they are apparently not in the current target bracket for failed asylum seekers and harm reduction which is terrorism and other related crimes such as fraud/smuggling/trafficking etc.
  • Options
    Suzisausage who do you know at becket house?Thats where i work!!!
  • Options
    essentialy being english in my own country I'm on to a loser aint I.

Don't really want to go into the full details on here (those who know mer well know what happened) but even though my landlady is getting in touch with there's to try to get them thrown out I am now having to move as I'm concerned about what they may do in revenge seein as they know where I live.

Shame really as Iike my five minute wallks to the valley on matchdays.

Still at least now we'll be able to move closer to the sausage and les , good or bad ? Hmmmmm.
  • Options
    good! I can cook for more people!!!!!

am making short bread this week. cup of tea and shortbread anyone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]cup of tea and shortbread anyone?

Mmm, one of my favourite combos. First though is a nice jam packed scone and a cuppa.
  • Options
    Just thought I'll add something else on that thread about tea and biscuits - now where is it? Of course - the one titled "reporting suspected illegal immigrants" lol.
  • Options
    Not as important as me....if it wasn't for the post room staff this place would fall apart!
    I used to be able to get in to the room where he worked but the old bill who work there threw a wobbly about it saying something about a security risk blah blah blah and we got banned from going in there...big bloody fuss over nothing if you ask me,i've already had security clearence or i wouldn't have got the bloody job!!!
  • Options
    Just to update this thread . All has been rather quiet over the last few days and when I got in last night there was a card under my door from the letting agents dealing with upstairs .

Spoke to the agent who told me they had been thrown out last thursday which is kind of good news but we're still having to move because what happened leaves me and the other half feeling unsafe plus we can't be sure that they aint gonna be replaced by some more idiots as this aint the first time this happened .

Luckily we have a flat to move to in Lee that is purpose built with concrete floors and loads of parking spaces and a bit more room , all we lose is having a garden and the ability to stagger back from the oak on a matchday.

Thanks to everyone for your tips , now we just have to watch our backs till we move on the 24th August.
  • Options
    This year is the 60th anniversary of the Kalashnikov....... just a thought like.