Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bob Willis RIP

Comments

• Totally shocked by this.R.I.P Big Bob.
  • Rest in Peace Bob.  

Desperately sorry for his wife Lauren, who I knew at school, and all his family and friends.
  • RIP  -  Long childhood summers watching the home test matches... God bless you Bob!
  • One of the true greats of English cricket, RIP.
  • RIP Big Bob
  • That's a shocker!

RIP to 1 of England's all time greats
  • RIP, Bob you'll always be remembered by English cricket fans. I for one will never forget Headingley 81.
  • Very sad news. RIP Bob
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s sad. RIP Bob.
  • Legend. 
    RIP Bob.
  • RIP Bob

Very sad news, one of the all time great fast bowlers a great character and a big Bob Dylan fan

He was indeed - R G D Willis. He was actually christened Robert George Willis, but added the name Dylan himself as a tribute. Very sad news - bit of a shocker tbh.
  • Farewell Bob.  RIP.
  • I will always cherish the memory of his blistering Test performance 8-43 which I witnessed live on the TV at Barnehurst Golf Club. He appeared to be in his own world and determined to demolish the Australians second innings on his own with England facing what looked like an inevitable defeat. The busy and noisy club bar gradually became quiet and then completely silent in disbelief when they became absorbed in the "miracle" unfolding before their eyes. Cheers were shouted after every wicket as Bob Willis remained in his own cocoon of concentration. A remarkable sporting performance which was so better witnessed live. RIP Bob Willis, at 70 years of age, you deserved a longer innings. 
  • How sad. Even though he passed far too young, I had no idea he was 70. Our sporting heroes always stay younger in our minds and hearts. RIP Bob.
  • How very very sad. Just 70 years old.
    What a shock. RIP Bob.
  • edited December 2019
    Bob died after a long illness.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50655612
    I never realised quite how much I admired the man, this has really upset me.
  • Very very sad.
    RIP
  • Blimey. Didn't see that coming. Rotten news. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a shock. R.I.P. One of our greats.
  • I only saw Bob Willis play once, for Warwickshire against Surrey at the Oval at what must've been the end of his career (early-mid 80's).

I was only about 12 or 13 and I remember being really excited to see one of the Ashes heroes there on the pitch in front of me, having watched the famous Headingly game live on the telly at the time.

My one abiding memory was the length of his run up and the time it took him to walk back every time. It was almost as if he was walking back up into the stand each time so he could come charging down the stairs and out onto the pitch - and this was only a Sunday league 40 over match!

RIP Bob. 

• real shock .. a man who always spoke his mind on the SkySports cricket 'Debate', a good commentator and a tremendous 'patriot' as tearaway fast bowler and England skipper .. R I P
  • So young .

Sleep tight, Bob 
  • Willis family have requested that donations be made to prostate cancer in lieu of flowers.
  • What a shock. just seen this on the tv news.
    A true legend.
    RIP Bob
  • Great bowler, great pundit.

RIP Bob.