Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boro roll call

Comments

• Options
    I'm going. Never been to the Riverside before. Plan to get there a bit earlier to explore the city (I have been told not to bother!) and check out the famous transporter bridge. I don't get to many games but my recent record is pretty good as I haven't seen them lose for 8 games. I'm sure that run may come to an end on Saturday though!
    You can see the bridge right next to the ground.

The boozers are not upto much but are very CHEAP.
  • Options
    Yes, one problem I have stumbled upon is that on both National Rail and Grand Central's site the 08.06 is cancelled. Just phoned GC and having been told that "there has been a lot of disruption" by the pleasant enough Michelle over the phone, their customer services department opens at 08.00. She referred to her manager and said that it should be OK to use another operator, but can't guarantee it, if it means paying another operator they'll refund it. Even earlier start than first anticipated... 
  • Options
    Trainline has a 7.30 and 8.30 but no 8.06.
  • Options
    Like I say, service is showing as cancelled so it definitely did exist. 7.06 and 9.06 seek OK but this has jobsworth written all over it. 
  • Options
    Chaos at Kings X tonight due to a person under a train at Finsbury Park, very few trains running but should be sorted by the morning
  • Options
    Trainline has a 7.30 and 8.30 but no 8.06.

Must be cancelled :D
  • Options
    Yes, one problem I have stumbled upon is that on both National Rail and Grand Central's site the 08.06 is cancelled. Just phoned GC and having been told that "there has been a lot of disruption" by the pleasant enough Michelle over the phone, their customer services department opens at 08.00. She referred to her manager and said that it should be OK to use another operator, but can't guarantee it, if it means paying another operator they'll refund it. Even earlier start than first anticipated... 

Years ago there was a problem with Grand Central doing a North East game, they are not the best.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
     These were the arrangements made for today when the same train was cancelled,if anybody is on twitter maybe they can contact Grand Central & let us know any information,also the return train from Eaglescliffe was also cancelled.
    https://twitter.com/GC_Rail

1. CANCELLED: The 08:06 London Kings Cross - Sunderland is cancelled due to a shortage of Drivers. Alternative arrangements attached:
  • Options
    Sure there was one last season when a train suddenly vanished, may have been Accrington with the detour. 
  • Options
    I'd use the LNER and plead ignorance, that is a bloody mission going via Sheffield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS I'm on the 8:06 as well
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/gc_rail/status/1203043933636440064?s=21

Totally unhelpful. No arrangements yet. Check in morning!! Useless!
  • Options
    Indeed, putting it mildly. Going to aim for 7.06 and try and steal a march. 
  • Options
    Indeed, putting it mildly. Going to aim for 7.06 and try and steal a march. 
    It all seemed much easier back in the day when all we had to do was turn up at kings cross or Euston or whatever and collect our tickets from you.
    Happy days Ian 
  • Options
    They can fuck off if they think I'm getting the 8.32and going to be 4 hours.
    Get the 9.03
  • Options
    Had a look at Grand Central's tweets from last Saturday and it looks like they had issues but were letting people use LNER trains so some hope for us still
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I was always going via York, may be the best alternative if it comes to Sheffield
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    clb74 said:
    8.06 as well.
    why aren't you on the coach????
    What times that coach
  • Options
    Oh. Sounds like we might be on our own at this rate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Have a great day all. Up the Addicks !
  • Options
    Ayresome Park on a Tuesday night back in the day was fun. 
  • Options
    Safe travels everyone! Up the Addicks! 
  • Options
    Son on coach.

Went to a party last night and decided it would be a good time to try whiskey. Gonna be a long long journey.
  • Options
    Up and on way to kings x now. Spent to long in the pub last night 
  • Options
    Safe journey to all who are going. 
  • Options
    1. CANCELLATION: The 08:06 London Kings Cross - Sunderland service will be cancelled this morning. Please see below for alternative arrangements:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Ayresome Park on a Tuesday night back in the day was fun. 
    Had to do a Usain Bolt down the high street in the 80's.