Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The dullest football team ever ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    This Saturday we are playing Middlesbrough - In my opinion the dullest professional football team in history of British football . If they were on TV i'd never watch them and it's teams ( despite a spell in the 90's when they went johnny Foreigner mad) are always so uninspiring. 

This.
    Charlton.
    On today's showing definitely!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    This Saturday we are playing Middlesbrough - In my opinion the dullest professional football team in history of British football . If they were on TV i'd never watch them and it's teams ( despite a spell in the 90's when they went johnny Foreigner mad) are always so uninspiring. 

This.
    Charlton.
    + 1
  • Options
    Boro. 100% agree
  • Options
    Boro is always a flat place. Today was no exception.Always seems half empty that place.
  • Options
    Wigan by a mile

Have always been dull as dishwasher

Boro I can see but they did have that few years with the players VG mentioned, didnt they play Chesterfield or someone in a fa cup semi and how they beat them that day I dont know.
    Middlesbrough beat Chesterfield that day with a young Kevin Davies in their side because there was no VAR. 

I was in a pub 15 odd years ago when for some reason Sky decided to put on Middlesbrough v Charlton. Was a backstreet pub in the concrete jungle that is Croydon. A quiet day for punters but after 70 minutes the Dozen football fan mix of  Palace, Chelsea, Celtic, Man utd and Tooting + Mitcham had a vote and by 11-1 voted to put the Show jumping on !
    It was 0-0 at the time and the game started slow and then fell away.
  • Options
    We're defo one of the dullest teams at the moment.
  • Options
    I wonder how many people are watching Boro v Stoke on sky at the moment ? Not many is a guess
  • Options
    I am and it’s the worst game I have seen for a while!!
  • Options
    I had Middlesbrough 2 stoke 1 on the prediction thread. 
    So it's good for me. 
  • Options
    I wonder how many people are watching Boro v Stoke on sky at the moment ? Not many is a guess
    I saw it was the live game last night... Barely took a milisecond to think; Nah its okay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tonight’s game.

Blackburn 0 Wigan 0 

How was it for you ? 
  • Options
    Tonight’s game.

Blackburn 0 Wigan 0 

How was it for you ? 
    Flicked over from the darts and saw last 10 mins. Don't think I'd missed much in the previous 80. Couldn't see a Wigan fan behind the goal. 

Anyway, I've been thinking about this thread today and I'd like to revise my previous shout of Coventry. It dawned on me that the definitive answer to the question is in fact Walsall. No one hates them, harldy any one supports them. No one can say anything about them good or bad. They're just there, spotted from the M6 with barely a shrug. 

Admittedly that little club house thing behind the away end is decent. But it's not enough to save them. Let's crown them and move on.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Love this thread as it backs up something I've thought is true for years, based mainly on collecting football stickers in the 70s. The team I was least interested in completing was Middlesbrough, a team that never had a well-known player, just a sea of perms, pasty faces and pimples.
    Coventry and Leicester weren't far behind back then. I never liked the sound of the word 'Leicester'; it sounded limp but gritty like damp lettuce on a speedway track. 
  • Options
    Blackburn and Wigan are so dull, that I forgot to watch/take a butchers. Thank God.
  • Options
    Think the distance compounds the Boro vote. If they were midlands it wouldn’t be so bad.

Dont think their support is to bad, esp away and relative to their success down the years. Remember we’re arguably one of their dullest home fixture too.

Met some decent fans of theirs following England. They had a good European run not too many years back and then of course the 90’s era.

I get where people are coming from but I’d have Blackburn, Reading and possibly Huddersfield ahead of them at least.
  • Options
    Lots of reasons why it’s Middlesbrough. 
  • Options
    Any one who didn’t watch the Blackburn v Wigan 0-0 last nightmissed an absolute Christmas cracker, no seriously!
  • Options
    Middlesborough are a really good call and I'm struggling to find other clubs that are as uninspiring. Even when they had Juninho, Ravanelli, Emerson and chums they played horrible football. 

Stoke City would have been in there until the Pulis/Delap years began and they were good value for kicking the shit out of everyone and firing long distance throws and crosses into their enormous centre forwards to attack and damage a centre half.

Port Vale, they had the same squad for about 10 years. Musselwhite in goal 
    Sheffield United. Horrible ground, shithead fans, their best player for a long time was a centre half 
    Everton. 
    Grimsby
    Hull City