Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesbrough v Charlton | Sat 07 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    No shots, 0 crosses, 1 dribble completed, 0 corners. Is this a new real low for CAFC? Anonymous forwards, poor midfield, and desperate defending. Sort it out Bows!
  • Options
    Utter  disgrace.  
  • Options
    Sarr on for Ledley, push Oshilaja into middle. Then Taylor on when we can. We need some creativity - we are losing the game so can't be risk averse.
    Sarr for Pearce maybe. 

Then bring Pratley into defence for Deji. 
  • Options
    Second best all over the park. Seem completely off the pace. Leko keeps losing the ball. This is worrying as there is no confidence whatsoever
  • Options
    I think we should bring Sarr off.
    Finally, he gets it .....
  • Options
    The worst 45 minutes I've seen in a long time from us.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    No shots, 0 crosses, 1 dribble completed, 0 corners. Is this a new real low for CAFC? Anonymous forwards, poor midfield, and desperate defending. Sort it out Bows!
    The forward line are anonymous because of service. 
  • Options
    Next Left sided CB and LB please new owners. And a defensive coach as well. 
    Our defense has had no real injuries. They're just poor. 

Centre-backs look like they haven't had any coaching at all. 
    So your  both digging out Johnnie Jackson.

I said at the beginning of the season I thought our defenders would struggled in this division, week in, week out.
    And I didn't just mean Naby.

More to do with the ability of the players to concentrate over 95 minutes, than any fault in the coaching. 
    The out ball from the back would normally go to Cullen...
    Do you think our defending has been good then over the last 6 weeks? They must work on stuff in training? Whatever they work on isn’t really working is it? More to the point it’s basic errors. If that’s down to Jackson, then yeah, I’m digging him out.

And we didn’t even concentrate for 60 seconds today so I don’t know how they can be expected to manage 95. 

I agree we haven't played well defensively for at least 6 weeks but I don't blame the coaching. Against the two best teams in this division Brentford and Leeds we didn't concede a goal dispite having about 30% of the play.
    The difference is we defended from the front and we got our blocks in plus poor finishing. 
    Too many players trying to make the step up to the Championship. So abillity and partnerships is the key. Sam Field and now Cullen are big losses.

• Options
    I cannot remember a half that bad since Colchester away in the Cup under Karel Fraeye, not a single one of them can hold their heads up after that bollocks. Almost looking forward to the delights of Middlesborough after watching that! 
  • Options
    When games are like this, why doesn’t Dillon just kick it long? It’s no good the back 4 having 52% possession as it invites the opposition to press and one mistake, we’ve let them in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neither keeper has made a save. 
  • Options
    Can't understand the formation at all.

Doughty playing the number 10 role. Gallagher wide right. Midfield 2 of Pratley ans ledley has no pace and isn't mobile enough. 

With Ozzy out we should have played Morgan. Can create something.

Oshi doing blocks all over the place - pretending he's Lockyer. 

No service from midfield at all. 

With that 11 a 433 would have worked better. Need to make a change at half time. Back to the diamond and pack cm need to win that battle and then start to create. Morgan on for Doughty and then Taylor ASAP.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Pedro45 said:
    And 55% possession. It's almost as if Middlesbrough have worked out that it's OK for us to have the ball because we don't know what to do with it!
  • Options
    Hope Roland told ESI there are no refunds on Black Friday deals.!
  • Options

Time to start smelling the coffee , we are in trouble big trouble 
  • Options

Doughty playing the number 10 role. Gallagher wide right. Midfield 2 of Pratley ans ledley has no pace and isn't mobile enough. 

With that 11 a 433 would have worked better. Need to make a change at half time. Back to the diamond and pack cm need to win that battle and then start to create. Morgan on for Doughty and then Taylor ASAP.
    We are 4-3-3

Matthews Oshilaja Pearce Purrington 

Pratley Ledley Gallagher

Leko Bonne Doughty 

• Options
    Seems like going 1-0 down at half time is our only consolation.Playing that badly .
  • Options
    Sounds like the sort of performance that gets the Manager the sack from a new owner.
  • Options
    Next Left sided CB and LB please new owners. And a defensive coach as well. 
    Our defense has had no real injuries. They're just poor. 

Centre-backs look like they haven't had any coaching at all. 
    So your  both digging out Johnnie Jackson.

I said at the beginning of the season I thought our defenders would struggled in this division, week in, week out.
    And I didn't just mean Naby.

More to do with the ability of the players to concentrate over 95 minutes, than any fault in the coaching. 
    The out ball from the back would normally go to Cullen...
    Do you think our defending has been good then over the last 6 weeks? They must work on stuff in training? Whatever they work on isn’t really working is it? More to the point it’s basic errors. If that’s down to Jackson, then yeah, I’m digging him out.

And we didn’t even concentrate for 60 seconds today so I don’t know how they can be expected to manage 95. 

I agree we haven't played well defensively for at least 6 weeks but I don't blame the coaching. Against the two best teams in this division Brentford and Leeds we didn't concede a goal dispite having about 30% of the play.
    The difference is we defended from the front and we got our blocks in plus poor finishing. 
    Too many players trying to make the step up to the Championship. So abillity and partnerships is the key. Sam Field and now Cullen are big losses.

Fair enough, it’s obviously just our opinions. You are right about defending from the front and also about partnerships. Injuries have dictated for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If it wasn't for the offsides , we wouldn't be in it!
  • Options
    Morgan and Taylor coming on.
  • Options
    Fortunate to go in only one down. Dreadful. Oshilaja the only player to get more than a four out of ten for that half.

Sarr on for Purrington and go 3-5-2 with Doughty as left wing back would be my shout with Morgan for Ledley shortly after.

• Options
    Albie and Lyle coming on. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

We are 4-3-3

Matthews Oshilaja Pearce Purrington 

Pratley Ledley Gallagher

Leko Bonne Doughty 

What it should be yes. But from watching the game that's not what happened. Doughty was behind the strikers and Gallagher wide right. 

Others have said the same on here and twitter and the commentators have been unable to work it out. 
  • Options
    Fancy Doughty as first goal scorer today. 
    I’ve changed my mind.
  • Options
    Ledley off, Purrington off.
  • Options
    Morgan for Purrington?! 
  • Options
    I hope Taylor is ready and it's not just desperation...
  • Options
    Purrington cant have fully recovered from that illness
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!