Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Bellamy RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Unique presenter, much loved in his heyday.

However he's one of those I thought was already dead!

RIP
  • Options
    I just remembered that he came to Timbercroft to open the new garden back when I was in infant school.

What a shame. Great man. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Always entertaining. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Sad to hear, he never did get the comeback he craved. Read an interview where he bemoaned the BBC dropping him, I think it was cos he denied the climate crisis was real. Which, for a guy who used to get close up to the kinds of bugs that are now disappearing, was pretty crazy. I wonder if he changed his mind before the end. 
    RIP David Bellamy.
    When he said poppycock to climate change it didn't help his employment chances at the bbc because David Attenborough is the main man and it went against the grain.
    I'm like you Jimmy I wonder if he changed his mind in last couple of years where the evidence from Scientists is stacking up big time that 200 hundred years of the industrial Revolution in every major countries has heated and choked the planet. 
    As there're flat earth believers in 2019 I guess it wouldn't matter if all the ice in the world melted..

David Bellamy a lovely fellow who turned up at many a local dig. 
  • Options
    RIP - a top broadcaster and one who put his liberty on the line defending the wilderness in Tasmania. He was warm and enthusiastic on TV (and clearly in real life too) and  helped me get interested in nature. I hope that's what he'll be remembered for, rather than his robust climate change denial - it's not a good look for a scientist to ignore evidence. 
  • Options
    RIP