Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Princess Di Concert...

Oh dear oh dear.

P Diddy - "This one goes out to our Princess, wave your arms for Diana...."

*Gags*

David Beckham - "She touched all our lives, she was a wonderful person, Er well I err never actually met her."

Daily Mail readers in the crowd, 3rd rate acts (well apart from Take That who were the business), Elton John clearly throwing a hissy fit and coming on late showing up the fact that Ricky Gervais isnt funny. Middle aged women waving their Di posters in the air, loads of dad dancing....

Best thing the Beeb have done comedy wise for years.

Comments

• Options
    you didn't actually watch it did you ?

I hope you were making a cuppa when the late Tom Jones "performed" I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor.
  • Options
    TOM JONES IS DEAD?
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Forgot about that, doesnt Tom Jones look about 90 now.

Couldnt not watch a concert dedicated to 'our princess' :)
  • Options
    I thought Ricky Gervais was the best part of the whole evening!

Probably not best for Kanye West to sing "Golddigger" though
  • Options
    It was a complete shocker, so poorly produced and directed it was unreal. Net result - great entertainment.

Daily Mail audience spot on. Every time the camera panned to the crowd, it was just a sea of middle-aged white england and posh kids.

They were desperately trying to highlight some ethnicity in the crowd when P Diddy was on, and all they could find was three oriental girls !!

Elton John got cut at the end, meaning he ended with a drawn-out song no one had heard. Take That and the Feeling were good.

And if Fearne Cotton says how amazing the atmosphere is one more time...........
  • Options
    Ricky Gervais was awful, he was about to throw a bigger hissy fit than Elton evidently did. The guy is meant to be a comedian...singing that song about a man shooting himself in the face wasn't very funny, nor was his petulance. Was so funny when the BBC said 'there's been a techinical hitch, we're running late' and I bet about 99% of the people watching knew it was Elton having a strop (which I'm sure it was!)...what was with his trousers too??!

Take That were great, I wish they'd sung more of their old songs though!

As much as I don't give two hoots about the royals, it was nice to see them looking like they were truly enjoying themselves!
  • Options
    I kept flicking in and out of it as it was unbearable to watch. Everytime it panned to the hangers-on box I wanted to kick the telly in.

If Fearne Cotton ,who makes Jo Whiley look like a rocket scientist, said 'Whats your memories of Diana'? once more.....pity she didn't ask Will Carling, Bryan Admas et al

I like Ricky Gervais but that was like having teeth pulled.

It takes some doing if you're hoping Take That can bale you out of the mire....

A modern day 'It's a Royal Knockout'
  • Options
    I thought Ricky Gervais was hilarious, probably unintentionally. The whole thing was piss poor though, the audience was funny to look at. Puff daddy was cringe-worthy as was David Beckham.

The joke about not swearing in front of royalty tickled me.
  • Options
    It seems that William has inherited his father's sense of rhythm, and Harry his father's too.
  • Options
    Watching the Princes side by side, you really can't possibly imagine they have the same dad, they look sooo different! Wonder when some newspaper will sneakily do a DNA test!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]It seems that William has inherited his father's sense of rhythm, and Harry his father's too.

LOL

I was trying to explain to a young lady in the pub why they look so different and why Harry would always make the more natural soldier as he would take after his old man.
  • Options
    Brian Ferry joins the ever growing crowd of old singers who should not be allowed to perform any more. Along with, Daltrey, Jagger, Bowie etc. Elton John just shouts these days. Loads of empty seats.
    Crap.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]It seems that William has inherited his father's sense of rhythm, and Harry his father's too.[/quote]

The stupid gene's there also (in both cases)
  • Options
    Quite, but they have no need for intelligence do they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Quite, but they have no need for intelligence do they?
    I think that they are both intelligent just don;t have any common sense. I like them both.
  • Options
    William was a bit of drip when i met him, and a lot taller than i realised.

Nothing against the pair of them, they can't help what they are born into, and i think William will mature to be a fantastic statesman for the country.
  • Options
    Kanye was the best thing there... what an audience to play to though! My god. I think what was clear is that P.Diddy will never be invited to a memorial service until his own.

Gervais is a brilliant comedy writer and character actor, The office and Extras were genius, he's an amusing chap who was decent on the radio with his mate and you'd be quite happy to have a beer with, but he's a truely awful stand up...

With all the rooms Diana 'lit up' you have to wonder how big her carbon footprint was...
  • Options
    Na Wills just fornunately doesn't look much like Charles, if anyone is the cuckoo its him not Harry. Mind you the all look alike don't the??
  • Options
    The ballet was the best bit that I saw.

I liked The Feeling whom I'd never previously heard of too.