Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gonna sound like I’ve a massive chip on my shoulder....

but I’ve been joking for games, if we are losing a game there’s 2-3 mins extra time, if we are winning then it’s 5-7 mins.

i swear it’s been happening

Comments

• Options
    Yes, spot on.
  • Options
    At the moment, it doesn't matter how long extra time is, we're bound to concede.

Payback for Bauers goal at Wembley,

I can take that.
  • Options
    Curbs got his teams to play for 50 minutes a half.
    Is it a fitness issue?
  • Options
    Swings and roundabouts, how many points have we got where we didn't deserve them. 
  • Options
    Swings and roundabouts, how many points have we got where we didn't deserve them. 
    Not going to sound like I've a chip on my shoulder but looking at results cant think of many occasions where that has happened

West Brom penalty is probably the one I'd say was a bit lucky for us; whereas on the otherhand

Fulham: Mitrovic offside (2nd goal)
    Luton: Collins (?) interferring with play (1st goal)
    Luton: Izzy Brown Handball (2nd goal)
    Nottingham Forest: Ameobi shouldnt have been on the pitch (assist for goal)
    Preston: Penalty (Referee had let that type of foul go all game)

Wigan and Birmingham are the two real games where I feel we've deserved to be beaten
  • Options
    Not going to sound like I've a chip on my shoulder but looking at results cant think of many occasions where that has happened

West Brom penalty is probably the one I'd say was a bit lucky for us; whereas on the otherhand

Wigan and Birmingham are the two real games where I feel we've deserved to be beaten
    Barnsley we got a point, Leeds and Brentford 3 points. And I even say Blackburn was lucky 3 points. And I've been all those game. Maybe I'm pessimistic but we didn't deserve does points 

Look back at many other game, Dillon Phillips has made some very good saves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @AFKABartram you've got a chip on your shoulder, I've had a bee in my bonnet for years, about the same issue. Hope it does not seem too self-regarding to re-post my comments from the match thread: 

Five minutes of injury time were announced. They scored on 95.20. We lost to Bristol City in the 6th minute of "4 minutes" of injury time. @oohaahmortimer has mentioned events in injury time tonight that *may* have caused the ref to add on more time. But the point is, we don't know. We don't know either if the ref made similar time allowances for similar incidents throughout the game. We have a billion pound industry running on the whims of individuals, who, unlike players and managers, are not held accountable for their decisions.

It could be different. If, as in ice hockey, the clock was controlled by another official, and the whole stadium knows he has stopped it, and when the game stops when a siren sounds wherever the puck/ball happens to be, and not because the refs want to see happens to an interesting attack, then we would know exactly where we all stand, players and fans. 

Of course this is an issue for all clubs and fans, and the system i describe might have stopped the game just as Josh Cullen's cross arced across Wembley. But it has to be better than this amateurish, whimsical, Hackney Marshes approach to operating a professional business.
  • Options
    Before the board went up me and my brother said "it will probably be 5, but it should be about 7".  5 subs, 2 goals, the stoppage for their striker, a head injury, what ever it was Leko did, Taylor's knee etc.

There is never enough time added.  

Don't want to make this just about tonight or even our season but there needs to be more transparency about why time is or isn't added on. 

Maybe make it 60 minutes rather than 90 but stop the clock every time play is stoped? 

• Options
    iainment said:
    Is it a fitness issue?
    iainment said:
    Is it a fitness issue?

more in the mind .. right at the end of games the team just panics and has a  collective brain freeze .. to state the obvious, we concede SOOOO many late goals because the players are so worried, any semblance of game management just disappears .. e.g. the  pen against Huddersfield and last night the concession of a totally unnecessary free kick right at the very end. Sort it out chaps
  • Options

Barnsley we got a point, Leeds and Brentford 3 points. And I even say Blackburn was lucky 3 points. And I've been all those game. Maybe I'm pessimistic but we didn't deserve does points 

Look back at many other game, Dillon Phillips has made some very good saves.
    But there is a difference being lucky (where every block comes off or the opposing strikers are off) and the sort of luck I mention where we got shafted by the officials
  • Options

There was also the Kanu handball before his goal in the West Brom game.
  • Options

There was also the Kanu handball before his goal in the West Brom game.
    Yeah good point forgot that one

Although feel it good evened out with the penalty
  • Options
    It's a football cliche, but winning teams gets the good luck and losing teams the bad luck...
  • Options
    The fault lies with me.  Been to 6 games this season and the record is : 

Won 1
    Lost 4
    Drawn 1

Of those we have let in last minute goals in 3 and been winning in 4

Huddersfield.  Preston.  Bristol City. Hull. Stoke. Swansea. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Is it a fitness issue?
    iainment said:
    Is it a fitness issue?

more in the mind .. right at the end of games the team just panics and has a  collective brain freeze .. to state the obvious, we concede SOOOO many late goals because the players are so worried, any semblance of game management just disappears .. e.g. the  pen against Huddersfield and last night the concession of a totally unnecessary free kick right at the very end. Sort it out chaps
    If you’re a fitter team though there’s less need to panic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Refs in the Premier League and Championship wear connected smart watches that could talk to a stadium clock, footballs unwillingness to do anything about it is odd 
  • Options
    To be fair changing a game of football from 90 minutes to 60 minutes is a massive change. 

I get where people are coming from but it massively changes the dynamics and I just can’t see anything like that even being considered. Of course it’s frustrating when you suffer but we can’t start blaming the injury time.