Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton chippys

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but how come both the chip shops were closed pre and post match? 

Comments

• Options
    The one in Church Lane has been gone for weeks,however for the first time last night,I bit the bullet and paid 3.50 in the ground,my container was over flowing,I could hardly finish the amount I was given,not bad at all.
  • Options
    The one in Church Lane has been gone for weeks,however for the first time last night,I bit the bullet and paid 3.50 in the ground,my container was over flowing,I could hardly finish the amount I was given,not bad at all.
    Now I know how you got your username.
  • Options
    The one in Church Lane has been gone for weeks
    What!? This is terrible news. 
    Now I don't care if the takeover goes through or not. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    The one in Church Lane has been gone for weeks
    What!? This is terrible news. 
    Now I don't care if the takeover goes through or not. 
    Yeah. It’s a shame. We used to use it all the time pre match. It had gone downhill a little I felt although still good but it just suddenly brought the shutters down about six weeks ago. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but how come both the chip shops were closed pre and post match? 
    Couldn't compete with amazing Valley catering.
  • Options
    The one in Charlton village is excellent.
  • Options
    Is the Old Dover Road chippy still going strong? Haven't been up that way for ages.  They used to give you the crackling if you asked for some.  Delicious!
  • Options
    The one in Floyd rd only opens on matchdays.

The woman who runs it travels 70 miles up from Kent just to open up.
    Wouldn’t it be amazing it the new owners bought it - for Charlton heritage of course! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The food in the ground is shite . I had some chips though on Tuesday and Friday . They were spot on . 
  • Options
    The pies they sell in the ground are pretty good these days
  • Options
    The one on the main road, just past Victoria Way, near the Cherry Orchard Estate is pretty good.

They always ask how Charlton got on.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Leuth said:
    The pies they sell in the ground are pretty good these days
    LMHR said:
    The food in the ground is shite . 
    The duality of man
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Wouldn’t it be amazing it the new owners bought it - for Charlton heritage of course! 
    while they're at it they can buy the antigallican and make it a charlton pub
  • Options
    I think away fans think Seabay ranges from excellent (!) to vile.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think away fans think Seabay ranges from excellent (!) to vile.
    Only used it once myself and it was vile I’m afraid. 
  • Options

I went in there for the first time ever a couple of months (never bothered before then because of the queues). She seems to be a big Charlton fan judging by the conversation she was having with one of her regulars.
  • Options

But it was matchday.  :'(
  • Options
    Terrible for food round the ground .... 2 vans outside the ground or a kebab place - WBA have it right - £5 burger chips and coffee - and Greg’s Macs and Starbucks outside the ground - and loads of places to get things to eat - 

I am sure when we get back to the premier all the eating houses and bars will reappear -   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Terrible for food round the ground .... 2 vans outside the ground or a kebab place - WBA have it right - £5 burger chips and coffee - and Greg’s Macs and Starbucks outside the ground - and loads of places to get things to eat - 

I am sure when we get back to the premier all the eating houses and bars will reappear -   
    Pints will be a tenner then.
  • Options
    There’s a McDs on the lower road towards Woolwich Dockyard and another on bugsbys way where there’s also a Starbucks 
  • Options
    It’s 90 minutes go without 
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:
    Wish it was 90 minutes we would have 3 more points this week 🙈
    We would have had two more points not three. Pedantry over.
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:
    We would have had two more points not three. Pedantry over.
    No, 3 points, 2 from Friday, 1 from Tuesday
  • Options
    Mr. Chippy in Victoria Way shops takes some beating. Lovely fish, with nice crispy batter, and the most chips per portion I've ever seen! Always have to throw some away.
  • Options
    I'm still so gutted about the Fresh Fry Fish Bar on Charlton Church Lane, that was my ritual for as long as I can remember! Nice family that ran it too, I have tried the others around the area and none get even close. Luckily the pies in the ground are pretty nice
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Is the Old Dover Road chippy still going strong? Haven't been up that way for ages.  They used to give you the crackling if you asked for some.  Delicious!
    The best one in the area, or was when I was living in Charlton
  • Options
    jdsd42 said:
    We would have had two more points not three.